PDA

View Full Version : choy lay fut tat mau wong forms ( spear & plum flower 2 man )

RAIN
11-11-2002, 11:47 AM
i'd was seeing the tat wong phanter videos .mainly the 2 man plum flower form and the spear form .

the spear form is the same ( i believe ) that was executed by francine wai from john wai florida's choy lay fut academy in the 2000 wah lum tournament .

anyone knows the chinese names of this 2 forms and if there is some special story behind the 2 person form ?

Fu-Pow
11-11-2002, 12:14 PM
2 man plum blossom form = siu mui fa chak doy da or siu mui fah chak kuen

Not sure of the literal translations of these terms.

Basically means Siu Mui Fah vs. Siu Mui Fah.

I'm not sure of the spear form but could be:

Mui Fah Sup Sam Cheung= Plum Blossom 13 Lunges Spear

We also have another spear form but I don't know the official name.

I think it is referred to as Yow Cheung or right hand spear.

Eddie
11-11-2002, 11:39 PM
Rain,
Im not sure what form is done on the videos you talk of, but the form Sifu Wai did on that tape you gave me, could have been the wan hop chueng. I know tang lung chueng and moih fah sam sup chueng, and that form sifu wai did was neither (although I think it was a GREAT form).
e

CLFNole
11-12-2002, 08:13 AM
The form she usually does if she does a spear is a Wah Lum Praying Mantis spear form. Her uncle is Chan Pui.

Peace.

RAIN
11-12-2002, 10:48 AM
YES , i'd see the tournament again and this is not the same form .
but god !!! she is so beautifoul !!!

clfnole :

what means " chak " ?

versus ? against ?

and the translation of the spear form , is 13 lunges or 13 spears ?

CLFNole
11-12-2002, 11:33 AM
Rain:

Chak - Against or Versus

Sup Sam Cheung - 13 movement or lunges spear would be correct. Moi Fah just adds Plum Flower to it.

Peace.

monk weed
11-12-2002, 01:07 PM
where are you guys seeing this demonstration? Does sifu wai have a website and is the video avalible there?