PDA

View Full Version : Chinese wrestling?

friday
11-11-2002, 05:13 PM
was/is there any such thing? i've heard of mongolian wrestling and shuai chiao etc.
is there anything more than these two? i'd be interested in hearing about any chinese wrestling styles.

thanks
friday

friday
11-11-2002, 05:16 PM
hmmm mayb i'm getting it wrong
is shuai chiao referring to all chiense wrestling styles

i keep thinking its the name for that famous wrestler tang...forgotten his name.

neptunesfall
11-12-2002, 12:49 AM
shuai chiao is a stand up grappling based style. there are others such as dog boxing (a ground fighting style) which can be considered wrestling. i think there is another one called tai shing pek war or something like that. pretty sure a board member or two study it.
chang, tung sheng is the famous fighter you are referring to.

Former castleva
11-12-2002, 03:08 AM
tai shin pek kwar,that monkey oriented style is not so grappling oriented I think.
Plenty can probably be found as usual but not necessarily like that.
IŽll pass the ball for tai shin ppl.
:)

Crimson Phoenix
11-12-2002, 03:30 AM
IMHO, Dog Boxing isn't that much of a grappling style, rather a "fighting from the ground style"...THEY do have a stand-up game, and quite a good one I have to say...but they get really dangerous on the ground, where striking FROM the ground (even to a standing opponent) is as much important as qinna or projection techniques (also from the ground).
Dog boxing is awesome...after having seen it, I truly understood the statement of a white crane master who said "the best thing to do against a good dog boxer is stay away and throw things at him" LOL