PDA

View Full Version : UFC 40 - Shamrock vs Ortiz

TaoBoy
11-11-2002, 06:02 PM
Who do you think will win this battle, how and why?

PHILBERT
11-11-2002, 08:20 PM
Ken, because Tito got KO'd by some street punk.

jon
11-11-2002, 08:50 PM
Im fairly sure the promoters will come out on top with a net profit in the millions.

Titto...

Ken seems like a wounded bull. Both are great fighters but i would say Titto is the better of the two personaly.

Titto is a darn machine, i wouldnt step up to that guy no matter how much quality steriods i had pumped into me.... Not that anyone on the UFC is drugged up mind you:rolleyes:

TaoBoy
11-11-2002, 09:56 PM
Drugs? In the UFC? No way! ;)

TaoBoy
11-11-2002, 09:58 PM
Personally I'd like to see Shamrock kick the snot out of Tito. Tito's little victory dance after his fight with Elvis p!ssed me off.

I just hope it's a good fight.

SevenStar
11-11-2002, 10:09 PM
Tito, GnP - just a hunch.

Asia
11-11-2002, 10:18 PM
It going to be a brawl.

Ken HATES Tito so it should be intresting.

I would love to see Ken win but right now it is to hard to call.

dezhen2001
11-11-2002, 10:41 PM
the last ufc i saw was ufc 3 :D

dawood

PHILBERT
11-11-2002, 11:35 PM
Last UFC I saw was...oh wait I've never seen one.

friday
11-11-2002, 11:41 PM
hmmm...i actually think ortiz wil win

about elvis totally off topic but i'd sure like to see him win a few of his matches too. he seems to have lost his last couple.

:(

MightyB
11-12-2002, 08:42 AM
Hopefully Ken will win.

Old bull young bull thing.

Cipher
11-12-2002, 09:08 AM
PHILBERT Ken, because Tito got KO'd by some street punk.

What's the deal with this? I never heard about that. Did he get jumped or was he drunk or something? If he was just jumpped or something that doesn't mean to much. I could go up and punch him to if he was unaware. I better hit hard run like lightning though:D

I am leaning more torwards Ken. Maybe just because I have seen more of his fights.

Souljah
11-12-2002, 09:42 AM
who the hell are these guys???????

SevenStar
11-12-2002, 10:03 AM
MMA fighters.

wasn't the tito fight two on one? He was beefin with one of millitich's guys, and another one punched him while he was unaware - I think that's the one - somebody had a fight that happened that way. I'm pretty sure it was tito.

brothernumber9
11-12-2002, 11:14 AM
didn't Frank Shamrock already beat Tito Ortiz a few years ago? I would think that unless Tito can shake that from his mind Ken Shamrock will eventually get him.

Arhat of Fury
11-12-2002, 11:23 AM
Dumb question,
When is this?

Martial Joe
11-12-2002, 01:24 PM
the fights novemeber 22nd.

I think Tito has more of a chance of winning then losing but who knows who will come out on top.

TaoBoy
11-12-2002, 02:45 PM
There's a thread somewhere on www.mma.tv about the Tito street fight. Tito actually contributed to the thread so it makes for an interesting read. The story goes that one of Tito's crew jumped on the back on one of Militich's guys - apparently just fooling around - and another of the Militich boys grabbed the jumper and started pounding him. Tito tried to jumped in but got whacked and fell over. He mentioned he slipped due to his shoes. :rolleyes:

Rolling Elbow
11-12-2002, 02:47 PM
lol, his "shoes".... did he and William Cheung come up with that excuse over dinner? Just one removed from "slippers". Love it!

Cipher
11-12-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Rolling Elbow
lol, his "shoes".... did he and William Cheung come up with that excuse over dinner? Just one removed from "slippers". Love it!

Dang, you beat me to it:D

Arhat of Fury
11-12-2002, 08:33 PM
Thanks MJ

I think if it goes to the ground, Tito will lose due to Kens brute strength, although if it becomes a fight where tito sets the pace and keeps it striking and roman greco style fight, I think Tito could have a great chance.

Just my opinion.

AOF

TaoBoy
11-12-2002, 08:57 PM
Nice points AOF.

What are Tito's submission skills like? Anyone?

SevenStar
11-13-2002, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by TaoBoy
Nice points AOF.

What are Tito's submission skills like? Anyone?

At first they were nil if I recall, but he's been coming along pretty nicely.

Arhat of Fury
11-13-2002, 06:15 PM
From what I understand, once he realized he was going to be on top, he had to step his skills up.

It will definately be interesting.

AOF

joedoe
11-13-2002, 07:18 PM
You are missing one of the voting options - "I don't care" :D

Serpent
11-13-2002, 07:49 PM
Will Hulk Hogan be fighting the same night? I love that WWE stuff.

That's what you're talking about, right? Or at least, same stuff, different name?

;)

Shisio
11-13-2002, 10:23 PM
I heard that Tito just made up that crap about slipping, when he really just got his arse kicked. Kinda like what others said, well this is the way I heard the story (the day after it happened I might add...).
UFC afterparty in London, some guys (though I'm not sure of who they are associated with) and some of Tito's pals start play fighting, and one thing leads to another and soon there at each others throats. Then some Brit (dam m it, I don't remember his name!) tried to seperate Tito's pal and his buddy. Tito apparently thought his friend was getting double teamed so he tackled or pushed the Brit. The Brit said something about this not being the bloody octogon, and thus the 2 went outside to handle the situation like mature primates. Tito tried to lay out the guy with one big punch, but the brit ducks then upper cuts Tito, then knocks him to the ground with a cross (this would most like be were he slipped, if he did...) then before Tito can get off the ground the Brit boots him in the face and knocks him out cold.

P.S.The Brit was supposed to have been a nobody Vale Tudo fighter. But I would still bet on Tito, hell he is human so he can't always win, but Ken's gonna get stomped.

PHILBERT
11-16-2002, 12:15 AM
Rickson will fly in on a jet pack in the middle of the fight and choke both them out.

omegapoint
11-16-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by PHILBERT
Rickson will fly in on a jet pack in the middle of the fight and choke both them out.

No doubt, bruh', no doubt!!! Listen ya'll, Ken is washed up, and Tito thinks he's all that. The reality is they are juiced-up cattle boys, who know very little about real MAs and can do nothing but fight in "NHB" events. What arts do these guys really "know"? I doubt either is even a Brown in GJJ. Wrestler's without knowledge, chivalry and honor? What's new. Those are the best to beat up. Makes you look real tough, because of their size and the false idea many have about wrestling as a MA. Also, steroids ain't no MA neither! I wish the world would get a clue, stick with reality, and quit wavering about what real fighting is. It definitely ain't wrestling or MMAs, as most cats define it.

Speaking of fast-food fighting; I, too, would like to be a short attention span, perpetual journeyman. Where can I sign up? At the School for the Oblivious and Easily Influenced? Peace, jack of all trades, master of nada lovers. Mediocrity supplemented with unnaturally enhanced muscles as a fighting art? Ridiculous!

FatherDog
11-16-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by omegapoint
No doubt, bruh', no doubt!!! Listen ya'll, Ken is washed up, and Tito thinks he's all that. The reality is they are juiced-up cattle boys, who know very little about real MAs and can do nothing but fight in "NHB" events. What arts do these guys really "know"? I doubt either is even a Brown in GJJ. Wrestler's without knowledge, chivalry and honor? What's new. Those are the best to beat up. Makes you look real tough, because of their size and the false idea many have about wrestling as a MA. Also, steroids ain't no MA neither! I wish the world would get a clue, stick with reality, and quit wavering about what real fighting is. It definitely ain't wrestling or MMAs, as most cats define it.

Of course, of course, you're right. Thanks to your eloquent post, I've come to realize that wrestling, despite its lengthy history and plethora of techniques, attributes, and concepts, is not a martial art at all, but merely sweaty men rolling around with each other with no skill at all. I've also realized that wrestlers and NHB fighter are automatically lacking knowledge, chivalry and honor; knowledge of wrestling moves and submission techniques obviously isn't real knowledge, and the good sportsmanship and politeness shown by many NHB fighters towards their opponents even after being beaten clearly isn't real chivalry and honor. Not only that, you've shown me that Ken's lack of a formal belt in any art means that his knowledge is worthless, despite the fact that he's tapped several black belts; of course, it was the steroids that allowed him to slap on heel hooks and chokes, and not any degree of skill on his part. Thank you so much, omegapoint, for opening my eyes on these important and weighty matters.

Now, since you've done what you must have been meaning to do (since, obviously, a post about how worthless NHB fighters are in a thread about an upcoming NHB match had to have been intended to open people's eyes about the truth about NHB... it couldn't possibly have been intended to troll; that would just be silly), how about you just stop reading this thread? I mean, since you're such a serious and honorable martial artist, I know how it must pain you to keep reading things about worthless thugs hitting each other, so why not rest assured that your missive has had its desired effect, stop reading this thread that offends you so, and go back to discussing REAL martial arts on other, more enlightened threads, eh?

Shisio
11-16-2002, 10:40 PM
Omega, just check it out before you bash it.

Grahf1
11-17-2002, 01:10 AM
omegapoint = troll

Asia
11-19-2002, 11:44 AM

That would be a show stopper in itself!!! RICKSON GETTING INTO THE RING AGIAN!!!! GASP!!!!

(I mean he has only 11 fights total in events!!! Come on we expect more from a Gracie!!!)

Cipher
12-04-2002, 07:51 AM
So whats the scoop on the fight? Who won, what happened, anything special?

respectmankind
12-04-2002, 07:52 AM
Shamrock got his ass beat. Download it from something like grokster. It was sad :(. I hate Tito. I will have to kick his ass someday.