PDA

View Full Version : OT: I'm on TV....

WTJune
11-13-2002, 06:35 AM
.... but not with my MA skills, but with my drumming skills (which are a lot better then my MA... ha ha)... so my band misbegotten got interviewed and we taped a song playback. .... at the interview I'm the 2nd who is interviewed ...

so if you want to see it come to salzburg or try this: http://www.tv4u.at/localheroes1.htm

ähh... and its some harder stuff...

ciao

June

Kristoffer
11-13-2002, 07:03 AM
I have no idea what the hell that page does :confused: but.. good for you!

WTJune
11-13-2002, 07:08 AM
hmm.. its the homepage of the tv-station - it opens the windows media player - this might be the problem.... the filepath= http://www.tv-for-you.at/Filme/filmlocal1.ASF maybe this path works for you...

ciao

June

Kristoffer
11-13-2002, 07:54 AM
This is what I got:

⡘ѣ0ÂNÑ—®³ÁÑ.ILဦ×ü0ô×íxvˆ"ïÿÿáŠÿÿÿà#3ÎoÔ께›ÅÌõ¿ÖÒ9X8ð™P¯$Qr©±8þà?ñˆç– ‘uéDBxÈyìFKè`Šp"z”iiS¤a7G4cøäÜlpYXr/–©Â?£;‡ÕËø;œW!XGé/væŽÔvŽ òÊ™Pcõ#C¿þ;?yeÿÿ¼V8Mÿx›ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ€æº!Ÿ¾¨Ð£þ4MN. 0Àù#@©*kîò6W9ÕÖXÓ ’Ù'R—SZ…˜F·o;g<¹€Úþ½i ’8’ÓÅJ*Ô•o`$%A“¨^áéÜoH?F’‡¯<“èzUN¯RH¬\/Z£Eª Eñp$c€Z´Jai'‹5‹VÌ8SÖ¦2?'×=½{
Ñ@£ºÞ.ÄÖÆÏöcdNp¶%hÁ“¡'Ç`€9†G³|?0c³b>J@8‡ú!¥]ŠPèï†c¿q®,Æ_ÝË¿ËæÊæçìF:¨\/?úï2´œ7:
›b6Ñ?ÄÓyê)K ·Pÿ¨?AC?J¢AA<ßh@`c226›z6‹zÞÂH‚((–ZÇNãqk˜.1'D?I¬=péçjç ¸‡Üà0ˆcÏ
š.2ÄXÆ;»ßY?b>ˆŠÎ¸Ì˜qŒA¢3lA’ûæ8¥@ìÉHÚQ1.”m))bDŒQæCR¥L¬Ìæn¢ ±†%È¡a˜¦'_ÀHÐ&~pº
`+®L ¿«Bãå?ÉŒ°ã9 Ï‚šNIæÓ¦y”šb!'E®PÆÚñQC€1äÁùA (óHáâ•RóÓê¿sí´ÓÅ9°ÇÀ©Ææ’›"©¤åL?§ò¦,ÈÔ›*K¬ŒœvT ?ô´ˆN@,(_3!½"¸ˆ@2Ø&ˆ´CÁ0®U®0VšRãH›kŠAÄ(öŒÂ1¡Ya¨zÂêGáûÈ™5PÃÀYð˜Ç3
žÄ7’FBxÊ*yIÑÑ¢"ûáš[‡Ú‹s¸„tDN¡€&P;=ΛÄz100ôƒ1l”mTPrª+˜-{S!<C‚a4§ÐˬfI•&Ú`q0Ð6±ëÈÔH‹IoJ…£'™bs}Nð™ÐÑ¥²žx®¹pÀpN¨Â Áèã!]¢Ç1»’CñxP\ ™”ÈϦˆ1Q!;šçÉ äÓ‰‰Âabë!ÁyäÀ Râe+Dgˆ™ÌãsIMS@*åœÔ©1ã>Œ‰ÁÆÊC4†¹p
“$ƒ‚‡Þ¶!ÓFðFj?BË„2Oƒp&y —ÙIKö
•€ØA@Å‹a€@eŽ“hÄ9„_"2e\]`*E[5c9Ȳ
?¾à-Ú‰ª¸´?åOZÔ+Bm3è¤JÁ8Þ_‹FÓM0˜Œ(zûé¶Ûjh™@Xé¤(òFdêln µSN,yM}A[CÞ@a’Û‹.YXòdöC_VÃg__ìÓÁBÃ@”Õá¯(mC[´0UcëL’¬}>Ç“fµËqB-5”8~"M]
E¶èÂR¡bmCx=Îo
hL¡ä‚v;Zf¥&ªi˜•Úí5SIRTf†z¥RÑmJ‘—|•N‰Î³˜ì-CH뉣IõÐŽSR°¤;¢KD—A%Ìé ¤Љ,¿-Йjir™-4ÓA"Õå=€
>Å%^bXÙË;òƒÕ0÷r+1°]MÈmúºÓM“+š_ÅD¨T~‰XÚHc_Nµ2+gssò%ä›A Ò¯ßô¢#lCÓ¡‡ÝùEm¡“qØ•6å3A[0pgÜ•57"¼ŽdõËb¹#ˆ±f&K_FMªŒ“ JÝMB-T%5CM43m·Ã°dÚÀÖ×4 R*¡“AM¦†D¨£m£FÑt?òh´?*ÐöÛ5{"nØ؇±‡±º5sëä_mf2¯aCR-¶ÛoÙjUÁ`eBc›kLÚ*›h—šW"O±9¡ûûΈ¹ÓÄ騦 Ìí¥[`kZ¶?žˆp?»`²hÒ¹LÀ$X«i㺌™¿*ÀÃ!i@/2èdᥤH|$¹´Z-œh¦’ªšŠŠµ?{ƒaÔÁbRvM©?!*a?YBdÁ
B4mµZ‚a[d¶bô¬Ï¦jÒÛ‰@T?"Á5Ô •]i¦ÒI‘èwMµDñ?i¤é*i¦¥¦š†Óm¶ß„uV7é?6Ûm_Uµ‡Ìq¶Ûi¶Ò BÅ
>K#À?
BZ-DP,0QÒÉBÆÖ*Ûy30ð?p–ù³èmª›dáÂ[oHñ¡œ

:D But then again my computer is whack. So ya play drums? That's alot of fun. I remember my old band-days...

WTJune
11-13-2002, 08:03 AM
.... hey kristoffer....: i think thats the part where you can see me - if you look long enough on it:
¶%hÁ“¡'Ç`€9†G³|?0c³b>J@8‡ú!¥]ŠPèï†c¿q®,Æ_ÝË¿ËæÊæçìF:¨\/?úï2´œ7:

;)
you've been in a band too - tell me more ! Of course drumming is a lot of fun and not as dangours as MA is - drums dont fight back....
the only danger is hitting yourself with the drumstick - or a drunken stagediver, who falls in the drumset.... ha ha...

Can you play an asf file - maybe it will help if you download it first and then try to play it....

ciao

June
[url]http://www.mp3.com/misbegotten

David
11-13-2002, 09:07 AM
The first link works for me though I don't do German.

Don't let the fame get to ya!

-David

General Kwei
11-13-2002, 09:22 AM
nice WTJune, you guys sound good.

Qi dup
11-13-2002, 10:00 AM
That's cool that you were on tv man. What kind of music do you play?

guohuen
11-13-2002, 10:09 AM
That was great! Thanks for the good tune. Nice kit. Sonor's are very coveted here. Your's sound great . Good tuning, good playing. I especially like your snare sound, crisp and dry without being ringy.
BTW, drums do hit back. I know you've hit yourself in the face playing a hard backbeat on the snare. Everyone has. At least everyone that plays match grip. :D :p

Kristoffer
11-13-2002, 10:26 AM
LOL I've actually hit myself with drumsticks too :D But I played guitar and somethimes vocals. we were only 3 persons and we did not use bass. Our music was very weird. alternitive with alot of melodic slings coverd by hardcore guitar noise.The texts were all about the singers f*cked up life at home, that, and drunk dogs.
We were called ''BOUX''

WTJune
11-14-2002, 03:01 AM
@david - with this kind a music you wont get famous....
the interview is about the band - who writes the lyrics and
where our next gigs are.....

@General Kwei: thanx great too hear that you liked it...

@Qi dup: its just a local Tv station - but i think it cool too..
i call the music metalcore - mixture between Metal/Punk/Hardcore...

@gohuen: thanx, great that you liked it - we did all the recording on our own where we usally play - all is done like normal recording with clicktrax, everyone is playing alone and everything is recorded on the computer.

About the Sonor kit: its a delight set, one year old and i only bought the toms and the Basedrum, befor that i had a sonor signature - which is a great drumset also but very difficult too tune. Nomally i play 2 diffrent snare drums - 1 is a Sonor Designer snare and the second (from the join the mbg track) is a pearl signatur from the Chilli peppers drummer.

Here in Europe DW-Sets are convted here also and expensive too...
sounds like youre drumming too - what do you play... do you have a band ?

And you're right i've hit myself very often - sometimes in the face - sometimes on my arms, and as i told kristoffer, once a druken stagediver fell into my drumset.... the gig was canceled after that i had to throw him from the stage.

@kristoffer:
i hope you didnt hit your eyes or your nose - which hurts alot.
The description of your music sounds interesting -why didnt you have a bass - did you record something ?

ciao

June

guohuen
11-14-2002, 10:06 AM
Drums used to be my primary instrument after vocals. My guitar and bass playing has advanced enough that they are now my first call, particularly slide guitar. Still love the drums though. I play an old gretch kit, five pieces, walnut stain. I'd love to upgrade to a double bass kit, something with die cast rims like my gretch's. I'm looking long and hard at premiers. Lacquered DW's are nice but I'd stay away from the covered ones. My friends delaminated and the dealer said this was a common problem.
Don't have a band currently, just a guitar duo with my song writing partner. Carry on with the good work.

guohuen
11-14-2002, 10:13 AM
Oh yeah. Armond Zildian lives about 10 kilometers from me and comes to our Inn for dinner about once a month. He's very old now and on oxygen but livens right up when you talk cymbals with him. I love K's.

WTJune
11-14-2002, 11:42 PM
.... ha this is great.... were now talking bout drums on the kf board.... so it seems like there are people out there who have the same hobby combination like me (music/ma...)

You know i stopped TKD when i was 14 for my first band, cause we had alot to play these days...

@ guohuen - sounds like you're a great musican - you can play more instruments and you're singing... Youre playing a gretch set, sounds great, they are very expensive here in austria. Bout the dw... when i decided to buy a new shell set - i had to favourites - the sonor delight and a dw collectors with an oil finish, but i decided to buy the sonor - cause the dw was an discontinoud model.

Do you have any music online ? Send me a link if so...

Hey and the story about Mr. Zildian is great... is it true that zildian and sabian are from the same family ? I've heard a story about that...

ciao

June

Kristoffer
11-15-2002, 12:44 AM
WTJune- the fist reason we didn't use bass was because we were going to record a song at a time. Then we played around and recorded the instruments one at a time and then remix all the tracks later on. When we played around we found that it sounded really cool with 2 or 3 guitars. (one of corz playing almost like a bass with low tunes but its not really the same thing) Then we went on with that.

Now I play almost only aucustic and experiment with computer-made music. samples and beats. And of corz I still sing and make alot of texts.

IronFist
11-15-2002, 12:46 AM
Dude, you guys rock. We need some bands like you over here.

Keep up the good work.

How old was that girl who interviewed you? She looked really young. And she's on TV. Good deal.

The only thing that blows is that I'm on a 56k dialup connection, which is only connected at 31.2kps, thanks to the old phone lines in my apartment, so I'm hearing this song in 3 second bursts every 10 seconds.

IronFist

WTJune
11-15-2002, 02:56 AM
@kristoffer.... we're also recording one at the time (with a clicktrack for the drums first). The way how you did it without a bass sounds interesting, but how did you play it live ?
@ the recording we've doubled the guitars too, which is common in metal music.

Which programs do you use for making music on the compi ? for the recording we've used NUENDO - do you know it ?

@ironfist - thanx - great to here that you like our music - the girl at the interview was about 14 and she does all the interviews with the local bands - its called LocalHeros....

I had the same connection as you have at home - till i had enough and bought my ADSL conn which makes 512Kb up and 64 Kb down - which is ok for downloading and streaming.

ciao
June

WTJune
11-15-2002, 08:11 AM
so the fame is gone..thats showbusiness.. ;) . the next bands video is on the homepage... we've played with this guys so maybe you'll like them 2

ciao

June
[url]http://www.mp3.com/misbegotten