PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough.

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
11-13-2002, 11:20 AM
As a rule I try and take as hands off an approach to this forum as humanly possible, but enough is enough. Posters on this forum need to take their personal sniping off of here and back to email. Let's quickly review the rules on here:

"Rules are very simple here: be respectful of others. In general, this means don't slander or libel another school, instructor or person; don't use abusive language; don't waste everyone's bandwidth talking about things that don't relate to Kung Fu."

RESPECTFUL. That is the #1 thing that is missing from conversations on this forum currently. Respect for your fellow posters needs to return. For what it's worth,

YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO AGREE WITH ONE ANOTHER.

But conversations must remain polite, and respectful EVEN IF YOU DON'T RESPECT THE OTHER PERSON OR THEIR OPINION. If you have a problems with someone, and feel the need to tell them that, use your email. The compulsive need to denegrate someone else in a public forum has very little to do with explaining yourself to others, and everything to do with trying to make yourself look better in the public eye. That is not what this forum is for. It is NOT the place for self aggrandizing behavior or evangelizing. There is altogether too much chest puffing and pea**** strutting going on around here, and it is really decreasing the quality of the conversations here for those individuals actually interested in learning and discussing things.

THIS IS A PUBLICLY AVAILABLE, PRIVATELY OWNED FORUM.

Simply put, this place has rules. Not alot of rules, but there are rules, and forum members are expected to abide by them or lose their priviledges. You may not say "whatever you want, when ever you want". If you don't like this, find yourself another forum to post on.

SIFU AND LINEAGE BASHING IS NOT ALLOWED ON HERE.

That includes everyone. Yes, this means you.

THIS FORUM IS FOR WING CHUN KUEN.

This forum is for the discussion of ideas, theories, techniques, history, etc. of the Chinese Kung Fu Style known as Wing Chun Kuen. So you either:

[list=1]
[/list=1] [list=1]
Include your martial art in that family, in which case you are in fact practicing the same art as everyone else, although your methods and ideas may vary, from somewhat to greatly. In that case, you are required to be respectful and polite to everyone else on here. Or...

You practice an art that is fundamentally different than everyone else on here. In fact, you may call it something other than Wing Chun, and don't consider it to be comperable to what others do. In that case, this is NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU TO BE POSTING. You should be posting on the Southern Chinese Martial Arts Forum. Not here. Period. If you are not practicing the same basic art as everyone else, you should not be posting in this forum, since this is not the place for you. If you are practicing the same art as others, you are required to be respectful. Understand that people may not agree with you. Understand that they don't have to.
[/list=1]

Given all this, I'm going to go through and close all the posts that have been experiencing these difficulties. Many of them have great discussions interspersed with the garbage, so i'm not going to delete them. My apologies to all the people who this will inconvenience, as they will have to start new threads to continue their conversations. I hope you understand. To those that are upset because they didn't "get the last dig in" or "have the last word", well that's just too bad, that's really not what this forum is for.