PDA

View Full Version : Super hard flash game

SevenStar
11-13-2002, 11:26 PM
http://www.albartus.com/motas/mystery/game.htm

friday
11-13-2002, 11:44 PM
hey its a fun game :)
i watched my gf play it b4 and i kept giving her suggestions till she got peed off with me haha.
hav eu finished it yet?
i only saw the game half way thru

SevenStar
11-13-2002, 11:58 PM
not yet - I'm stuck at the alien security panel - the triangle shaped thingy. How far did your gf get?

friday
11-14-2002, 12:08 AM
she finished it.
the alien password panel?
hmm is it the one with funny faces etc on it?
i found it actually quite hard to play and my gf was pretty addicted to it too

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 12:12 AM
faces? she may be past me - have you seen the room that has a door with a triangle shaped security panel? it near the room with the fireplace.

friday
11-14-2002, 12:40 AM
oh sorry the thing im talking about is further on in the game.
i just asked her she knows that part and how to get out. but i'm sure your having fun figuring it out...dont want to ruin your game so i'd best shut up :)

hmmm mind if i ask u? are u addicted to it now? :) hehehe

dz
11-14-2002, 12:43 AM
SevenStar,

I just made that room! Spoiler warning below.
Open the security panel. Take the triangle piecy thingy and one piece of firewood from the fireplace to the big laser cutter in the room to the far right. Place firewood in the place holder and power up the laser - this will ignite the wood. Take it back to the fireplace - this will make the heater in the middle room to cool down -> more power to the laser. Be sure that the lamp in the middle room is turned off.

Return to the laser and put the triangle in the place holder, power up and cut the triangle to pieces. Return once again to the room to the far left.

Zoom in on the security panel. Put the triangle pieces in the panel in such way so the little jerking "pin" fits into a "hole" uhm...yeah, you know what I mean. :D

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 12:45 AM
yeah, I'm definitely addicted to it. I love games like this, hopefully he makes more. Remember the old text games, like zork and jewels of darkness? I grew up on that stuff!

friday
11-14-2002, 12:51 AM
omg i just did all of that i'm playing it now since i missed out on all the early rooms before i saw my gf playing it
i did all of that stuff u mentioned without having any idea of the logic behind it...
sigh...
i bring a whole new meaning to the word fluke

dz
11-14-2002, 12:59 AM
Seven,
Leather Goddesses from Phobos!

friday,
Hehe, way to go :D

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 01:28 AM
lol, I've got 15 of the buttons on the alien control panel - I'm writing them down so I don't forget the order. so far I have them memorized though. I wish I understood the logic behind this control panel. maybe later I will try and figure it out.

IronFist
11-14-2002, 01:31 AM
Now I'm in that room with the smiley faces on the panel. Wtf is this all about? I got like 8 right guesses and there's still more. Now I'm going to cheat and write down them in order with notepad so I don't forget. Maybe then I'll beat it.

Ok, I just beat it. Finally. Here is the spoiler, because that took forever.

Ok, you have to look for the one that doesn't belong. In some cases it's easy, and in other cases it's just trial and error (or maybe I'm just tired).

There are twelve keys, we will number them like this:

1, 2, 3, 4
5, 6, 7, 8
9, 10, 11, 12

This is the sequence in which you must push them:

6,7,11,4,6,7,8,9,10,12,11,6,10,1,7,6,6,9,7,4,5,11, 12,1,11,6,2

And I STILL haven't beaten the level yet.

Time to go look around more.

Oh, there's the key.

How many levels does this game have? I have to go to bed!

IronFist

dz
11-14-2002, 01:31 AM
Each "level" of the panel is like one of those IQ tests you know. Like that one with numbers, all numbers are even except one -> that one is the correct button and so on. Try to find the one that doesn't fit in... or just do it by trial and error :D

I passed that room and the one after that. I just realised I'm on... ok sorry, no spoiling!

dz
11-14-2002, 01:34 AM
IronFist,
Return to the room before, move back the cabinet and the big box to reach the panel at the end of the cable. Look inside. Yay! :)

IronFist
11-14-2002, 01:41 AM
How the hell do I beat this motorcycle level? I can't fix the flashlight.

IronFist

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 01:42 AM
argh - 21 numbers and it's still going!

IronFist
11-14-2002, 01:42 AM
Where the hell did this lightbulb come from?

Random clicking around, I guess.

IronFist

IronFist
11-14-2002, 01:44 AM
Sevenstar, I posted the solution if you are interested. Go back a page.

IronFist

dz
11-14-2002, 01:46 AM
Just beat the game!

Now, I can get back to work :D

IronFist,

You need a light bulb... do you have the screwdriver? Use it on the motorcycle!

IronFist
11-14-2002, 01:50 AM
Yeah, I got it. Now I'm in the pipe level.

IronFist

IronFist
11-14-2002, 01:57 AM
Alright, I give. What do I do with the pen and the paper?

IronFist

dz
11-14-2002, 02:01 AM
Iron,

Put the paper sheet on the letter from the security (in the room with the poster with colored circles - study it). Use pen on paper to copy the security officer's signature. Bring your new letter to the room with the mail snail and put it in the out box.

The rest is piece of cake :)

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 02:02 AM
crap, I leave for a sec and everyone gets ahead of me! I got the number thing, now I got batteries, put em in the flashlight, found the tiles and the grating. I noticd those odd paintings on the wall that rotate also.

JusticeZero
11-14-2002, 02:08 AM
I'm not sure what your definition of 'super hard" is, because that, though quite neat, was not what I would call "super hard". And i'm the one out of my friends who gets stumped worst by those.

JusticeZero
11-14-2002, 02:16 AM
good grief, I look back and you guys have a bunch of spoilers for all these puzzles that I used to have to solve in freaking grade school. What a bunch of babies, figure them out on your own. What is it with youngsters these days, can't play a game without god mode..

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 02:20 AM
not hard for a puzzle game, but VERY hard for a flash game. Have you ever played a flash game this dificult?

IronFist
11-14-2002, 02:42 AM
Finally I beat the game. Now I can go to bed. I even signed the guest book. Go me.

IronFist

Souljah
11-14-2002, 06:30 AM
whoa nice game, took a while to finish it was woth the time though :D :D

IronFist
11-14-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by JusticeZero
good grief, I look back and you guys have a bunch of spoilers for all these puzzles that I used to have to solve in freaking grade school. What a bunch of babies, figure them out on your own. What is it with youngsters these days, can't play a game without god mode..

Whoa, chill out there, tough guy. Excuse me while I bow to your mental prowess.

:D

IronFist

General Kwei
11-14-2002, 12:41 PM
Crap! in the beginning, in th eroom with the stone tiles, can you stick those in the bridge wrong or something?!

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 03:59 PM
you can't stick them in wrong, but you can line them up wrong - they have to be lined up just right.

wufupaul
11-14-2002, 04:04 PM
This one's for Sevenstar. Have fun, buddy. :D http://thcnet.net/error/index.php

IronFist
11-14-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by wufupaul
This one's for Sevenstar. Have fun, buddy. :D http://thcnet.net/error/index.php

hey wufupaul, what are you supposed to do?

I got about this far:

>attack tree with leaflet

I've known strange people, but attacking a tree?
You hear in the distance the chirping of a song bird.

Hahaha. How do you know where to go?

IronFist

wufupaul
11-14-2002, 05:35 PM
Trial and error, dude, haha. I remember playing it when I was a kid, I just played it again recently. You just have to keep moving around and trying different things. Have you entered the house yet?

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 06:45 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the old memories bro - I may not get any sleep tonight now :D

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 06:51 PM
I'm in the house now. Before I went in, I ventured off to get the jewel encrusted egg.

IronFist
11-14-2002, 07:08 PM
I don't know how to enter the house. I found a window that was open a bit on one side. I tried "enter" but it said "the window is closed." I was like, dude, you just said it was open. Then I kicked it but nothing happened.

In the forest, I tried to climb a tree and it said "How Bizzare!" Yeah, like climbing a tree is a weird thing to do.

I also tried to attack the bird, but it wouldn't let me.

How do you get in the house?

I think I still don't understand the basic terrain and movement of the game. Is there more than just "walk (north/south/east/west)"?

IronFist

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 07:14 PM
you have to be kind of specific with these old games. Try open window. that will work. And there is a large tree in the forrest you can climb - you didn't find the right one.

Shadow Dragon
11-14-2002, 07:19 PM
IronFist.

Most of those games were pretty much trial and error till you figurd out how the rules worked for the games.

You will need a Notepad and preferably a sketchpad to draw maps as you explore in the Game.

Kinda more like playing a RPG than a modern Action Game.

Often you get given glues and stuff that you won't till much later in the game, or you need to go on quest within teh game play to finish a small part or get glue/stuff.

In those days the graphics if existed were poor and they game-writers had to keep you interested by methods of puzzles and things.

Personally, I prefer the older method, poorer graphics but more game play packed into it than the new stuff.

Have fun.

P.S.: Anybody remember "The Hobbit" ??

wufupaul
11-14-2002, 07:20 PM
Man, I was eaten by a grue, :( I'll have to try it again later, haha. :)

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 07:23 PM
what a way to die! I found out you can save your game. type

login <username> <pass> abd ab account will be created for you. then you can type "save" and it will save your game. I just looted a painting, a sword and some other stuff from some vandals. I found my way out of the dungeon and am now near a stream.

IronFist
11-14-2002, 10:28 PM
Hey, please tell me. Is there anything in the "big pile of leaves" outside the house? I keep arriving at it, but I can't get anything from it.

IronFist

wufupaul
11-14-2002, 11:24 PM
Move leaves. :)

IronFist
11-14-2002, 11:50 PM
I have a better question.

Can I have a list of all the verbs that the game recognizes?

:D

IronFist

IronFist
11-14-2002, 11:52 PM
lol, check this dialog out:

> jump

Very good. Now you can go to the second grade.

lmfao :D

Also funny, but not as funny:

You are about ten feet above the ground nestled among some large branches. The nearest branch above you is beyond your reach.

> jump

Wheeeeee!

Also, now that I'm stuck by a beach:

> go back

He who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is not fit for the
kingdom of winners. In any case, 'BACK' doesn't work.

Hahaha.

No really, I can't climb up or down, I can't walk or run north south east or west. wtf?!

This game is cool!

Right now I have taken an egg, a nest, and I've seen the grate under the leaves. Is there a key somewhere?

IronFist

dz
11-15-2002, 12:58 AM
Iron,

Type

walk se

to go southeast. I don't know why 'walk southeast' doesn't work.
I'm stuck on that friggin beach too! I have lots of stuff;

A brown sack.
A clove of garlic.
A lunch.
A glass bottle with a quantity of water.
A rope.
A knife.
A sword.
A lamp.
A leaflet.
A brick.
A jewel-encrusted egg.

I want to kill something (not myself though, already tried and did that)!

African Tiger
11-15-2002, 01:02 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! The ****ing bridge!!!!

Is there a pattern to match with the stone tiles??????

dz
11-15-2002, 01:07 AM
African,

Have you caught the "head-rat"? If so, you know it follows drawn lines. Line up the stone tiles so the pattern on them make a line between the small holes on each side of the bridge control thingy, then place the head to follow the line and push the bridge control button.

IronFist
11-15-2002, 01:08 AM
AT: here's a hint if you're still stuck on the stone tiles under the bridges.

I assume you've figured out that you can move them. Like, each one can only go in one slot, but you can move them around in there.

Ok, here's your hint:

Remember how the mouse moves along the lines in the floor in the room to the right?

That's your hint.

Here's one more hint, but it's in a hard to see color so you don't accidently read it:Did you catch the mouse?

Alright, good luck.

IronFist

IronFist
11-15-2002, 01:10 AM
walk se, eh? I hadn't tried that.

You have a lot more stuff than I do. Maybe I should start over.

But, I noticed you don't have the nest! Haha! When you take the egg, why not take the nest, too? I wonder what you can do with it.

IronFist

dz
11-15-2002, 01:17 AM
Iron,

D4mn! I forgot that nest (I wonder if it's a swallow's nest and if I can cook it with herbs and eat it... did I tell you I'm Chinese? :D )! I took all that stuff inside the house, I have no idea if they are useful or not.

But... now what? Back in the forest again...

Bolt
11-15-2002, 12:21 PM
Gawd... you guys make me feel really stupid... I can't figure out how to get the first code to the door in the second room ! Found the diskette box but can't open it.... maybe *I* just have to go back to the old Pong game !

SevenStar
11-15-2002, 03:32 PM
I have everything dz has except for the brick. I haven't played at all today though. you don't have to type 'walk' you can type 'se' and you will go that direction. I got the nest too. the only time you have to specify what to do (like 'walk se') is if you want to climb something or go down something.

SevenStar
11-15-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Bolt
Gawd... you guys make me feel really stupid... I can't figure out how to get the first code to the door in the second room ! Found the diskette box but can't open it.... maybe *I* just have to go back to the old Pong game !

use one of the items you have to open the box. then put the disk in the PC

Chang Style Novice
11-15-2002, 03:37 PM
http://www.albartus.com/motas/mystery/game.htm gives me a fu(king 404.

SevenStar
11-15-2002, 05:28 PM
looks like he took his whole site down - he may be updating or something.

Souljah
11-15-2002, 06:00 PM
Since were solving puzzles.....

Can anyone help me with Monkey Island 4??????

The part where you reach Monkey island and there are these boulders you have to throw into holes in sequence, what is the sequence?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

African Tiger
11-15-2002, 09:01 PM
How do you like that? I go to take a second crack at the game, and they take it off the server!

They must have known....that it was going to ruin my life!

SevenStar
11-15-2002, 10:12 PM
try the link wufupaul posted here bruh - it's more in depth and will take up ALL of your time.

Chang Style Novice
11-16-2002, 08:18 AM
zorkies -

how do I escape the "maze of twisty little passages, all alike"?

SevenStar
11-16-2002, 02:21 PM
can't remember - try n,w,s,e

African Tiger
11-17-2002, 06:48 PM
There goes that 150 IQ and ****....!!!

How the hell did you guys solve the tiles under the bridges?

dz - what small holes under the bridge control?

And how in the **** do you line them up? By the lines, or by the spaces????

Thanks, whoever posted this game. My life is over!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SevenStar
11-17-2002, 07:14 PM
LOL, I posted that game specificly for you bro. Maybe next time you'll get me a role in a movie if I ask :p :D

you have to line the tiles up by the lines. It will take some doing, and to me it didn't look completely right, but it worked. You just have to play with it. Is the game back online? if it is, I'll go there again and line them up, so I can see how they should be, and let you know if you still haven't gotten it.

African Tiger
11-18-2002, 06:46 PM
well, we'll see. But as I'm typing this, I'm high as a **** kite, so things may not work as planned. Or, I may have a completely lucent moment, and solve the entire game?

We'll see.

IronFist
11-21-2002, 09:06 PM
Bump. These games own.

IronFist

SevenStar
11-22-2002, 12:46 AM
where are you in zork now?

IronFist
11-22-2002, 12:49 AM
You know what, I'm the same place as I was before because I've had a lot of stuff to do recently and haven't had time to play it much.

There's not like a walkthrough anywhere, is there?

Gamefaqs (http://www.gamefaqs.com) maybe? Heh, that would be a long ass walkthough.

Type this
then type this
then type this
then type this...

yeah.

What about you?

IronFist

dz
11-22-2002, 12:51 AM
Like SevenStar wrote, line up the lines by pulling the stone tiles. Then place the head/rat somewhere (don't remember exactly where) on the right side of the bridge control and the head/rat will follow the line and push some buttons for you.

Sh1t, I totally forgot about Zork. Better get back to playing. :D