PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic, Dont move this please.

Martial Joe
11-14-2002, 01:43 PM
Hey if you guys were really really rich, I mean rich enough to be by far set for life and you didnt have a future in school would you drop out?

For fun: What kinda car would you get?

apoweyn
11-14-2002, 01:47 PM
nope.

college was one of the greatest times of my life. pass that up? nah.

General Kwei
11-14-2002, 01:49 PM
If I were that rich I would actually probably continue to go to school, I enjoy the learning, and th parties arent half bad.

Martial Joe
11-14-2002, 01:51 PM
im not going to college though.

apoweyn
11-14-2002, 02:25 PM
mind if i ask why?

"none of your business" is a perfectly acceptable answer, by the way.

Water Dragon
11-14-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Martial Joe
im not going to college though.

Hmmm, 30,000 people between the ages of 18 and 24, over half of them female, most of them hot, almost all of them drunk and *****. Yeah, I don't know why you'd go either:D

apoweyn
11-14-2002, 02:34 PM
listen to the water dragon. he knows of what he speaks.

:)

fa_jing
11-14-2002, 02:37 PM
Well, college somewhat sucked for me. All colleges aren't the same.

I'd go to school, but only audit courses that appealed to me and live off-campus, away from the insanity of kids with no sense of responsibility living on their own for the first time.

fa_jing
11-14-2002, 02:39 PM
P.S. I never so much as kissed a girl that went to my school in my four years there. Perhaps that's coloring my perspective.

Anyway, I've come to the wierd conclusion that actually what I missed out on at school was more serious involvement in academics. You only get out of it what you put in.

Water Dragon
11-14-2002, 02:40 PM
Of course I do. Where else can you walk into a strangers house just because you see people outside, get drunk, mebbe smoke, and get lucky in the bathroom with someone you've never met and may never see again? I LOVED college. LOVEDITLOVEDITLOVEDIT!!!!!

Got me a good job afterwards too :D

apoweyn
11-14-2002, 02:40 PM
i did that briefly. then decided that i preferred living on campus, precisely because it was covered with people living on their own for the first time.

but as you pointed out, individual mileage will definitely vary.

stuart b.

apoweyn
11-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Water Dragon
Of course I do. Where else can you walk into a strangers house just because you see people outside, get drunk, mebbe smoke, and get lucky in the bathroom with someone you've never met and may never see again? I LOVED college. LOVEDITLOVEDITLOVEDIT!!!!!

Got me a good job afterwards too :D

amen.

in all seriousness, the idealistic appeal of college, to me, was that it was this big institution designed to give you a playroom to figure out who you are and who you want to be.

of course, you're going to figure that out regardless. just by living your life. but college has a way of putting a lot of elements within easy reach.

what sort of women do you like? what sort of books? sports? are you a heavy drinker? do you want to be? are you a loner? an artist? blah, blah, blah...

college has a way of putting the girls, the substances, the books, the teachers, the equipment, and the scenarios right there for you.

i'm with water dragon. i loved it.

stuart b.

Water Dragon
11-14-2002, 02:45 PM
OK, I'm hijacking this thread and renaming it the college thread. This is for all those young'uns that don't know whether or not they should go to college. Now, let's not bore them with talk of academics, futures, woo woo woo, blaze skippy. They've alrready been bored to death. Let's tell 'em bout all the good stuff, like 3 AM dorm room booty calls and upside down Margaritas.

TaoBoy
11-14-2002, 02:45 PM
I'd study martial arts, philosophy and Traditional Chinese Medicine and probably look for a cause in which to lend a helping hand.

All after I took an extened sojourn around the globe! :D

ewallace
11-14-2002, 03:02 PM
This is for all those young'uns that don't know whether or not they should go to college.
Too bad this thread wasn't around ten years ago. I would have made much better grades and avoided the stint at community college. I always miss the good stuff.

fa_jing
11-14-2002, 03:07 PM
I guess I should state that I went to a school were most people were either: severely alienated from one another, in competition, loners, geeks, skull & bones old-boy networkers, genuine cool-guys, "attached" to partners hundreds or thousands of miles away, un-beautiful. Very few normal chicks and they were mostly taken, or had wierd peculiarities about who they dated. That said, with just a few years experience in the normal world I could have cleaned up, unfortunately without that experience you just get caught up in the mentality of the place.

Often, I'd walk down the entryway stairwell, see someone that lived below me, say "hi." Usually there was no response, like "what are you saying hi to me for? Let's go back to being alienated from each other."

In short, Yale. Most people their had graduated #1 or #2 in their class in High School. Not your fun-loving types - yet some would try to have fun, but they were uncomfortable with themselves, and it would wierd me out. I had some friends who were exceptions and knew how to party right.

But it did have it's moments, especially in senior year -great times, a few great parties, it just didn't really even out with the crap we lived through. My residential college Dean is suspected of stabbing a female student 17 times. The facilities were crap, the food terrible. People too full of themselves.

GeneChing
11-14-2002, 03:09 PM
...I'd go back to school. And travel. The cheapest way to travel is when you're in school.

And I'd get a jaguar. an old one. like what Sean connery would have driven back when he was Bond.

Liokault
11-14-2002, 03:19 PM
Sean Connery.....Bond.....Jaguar...surely you mean aston old boy?

LOL my next car is going to be a jag X series...just 9 months to wait till I can get it.

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 03:26 PM
sex under the steps in a university building, sex in bushes on the campus, arcades with the coolest games, hot women, an accessible gym...did I say hot women? College was great for me.

As far as dropping out though - don't. You never know what could happen. an accountant could steal all your money. you could do something and get sued. Anything can happen, and just like with self defense - you need to be prepared. If you lose all your money and are a school dropout, what would you do? the avg. dropout make 42% less than a graduate. the avg. graduate makes less than someone with college under their belt. you don't wanna be behind the curve.

Water Dragon
11-14-2002, 03:27 PM
The only time I ever drank a case of beer all by myself was in college.

The only time I ever experienced, uhh, multiple opponents (see, we're on topic) was in college

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 03:44 PM
The only time I've had three dates in the same day was in college.

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 03:50 PM
The only time I've had women waiting outside of the locker room so they could see me with no shirt on, rub my chest and ask me to make it jump was....wait, that was high school - See, don't drop oout of high school either! :D

Water Dragon
11-14-2002, 05:45 PM
**** Sev. I always kinda thought you had a thing for high school girls. But you didn't have to come out and admit it publicly like that :eek:

Shadow Dragon
11-14-2002, 05:51 PM
Forget College.

If you got enough bucks, get your own place and a part-time job to keep you from getting bored.

As for the rest of the time:
1.) MA
2.) Riding Motorbikes
3.) MA
4.) Customising Motorbikes
5.) MA
6.) Breakfast Runs
7.) MA
8.) Bike Rallies and Events

The rest will take care of itself, I guarantee it.

Seeya.

Water Dragon
11-14-2002, 05:53 PM
One night, we decided to road trip to Purdue, we went to IU, so we used to make the trip a lot. Some of our people were having a party. I had recently broken up with my girl, so I was all depressed and got hammered. I took down a pint of Jack on the way there.

Once we got there, I got even more tore up and the last thing I remember, is throwing up on this girls shoe about 2 AM on the curb outside.

Anyway I wake up in bed and there's this tight Puerto Rican chick next to me. Then I looked over and there was this other chick. She was a'ight, but nothing special. But I was like, "Oh wow, two chicks. Where the he hell am I. I walk out the balconey to have a smoke and the phone rings. The fine girl answers and she's like "Oh, yeah. Yeah he's over here. You're gonna come get him?" My boys were calling around to find me so we could go home, LOL. I almost got left.

Martial Joe
11-14-2002, 08:10 PM
Ok guys you may have loved school cause of the partying but dont forget when your as rich as im talkin you can party all the time.

My Dad called from florida...he married a woman from a family of billionairs and im getting a hummer h2 with spinning rims and all that for my first car.Hes getting 140 mill from her family.

Im a 16 year old millionair so I guess I plan on finishing highschool and then the rest is all about training and partying.

PARTY PARTY PARTY...dont need a college for that.

Also I want to perhaps own a night club.

Comments?

Martial Joe
11-14-2002, 08:11 PM
by the way i posted this because i was debating dropping out because im already set but i feel out of place just thinking of it.

I want to graduate and then do all the ho pimpin.

joedoe
11-14-2002, 08:16 PM
You should always have a fallback plan. An education is a good fallback :).

If you really think that you are fully set, then what can you lose by rounding out your formal education?

Shadow Dragon
11-14-2002, 08:42 PM
Anyway I wake up in bed and there's this tight Puerto Rican chick next to me. Then I looked over and there was this other chick. She was a'ight, but nothing special. But I was like, "Oh wow, two chicks. Where the he hell am I. I walk out the balconey to have a smoke and the phone rings. The fine girl answers and she's like "Oh, yeah. Yeah he's over here. You're gonna come get him?" My boys were calling around to find me so we could go home, LOL. I almost got left.

WD.

Wouldn't it be even better if you could remember what happened and in details.

;) ;)

Cheers.

Martial Joe
11-14-2002, 08:59 PM
Good Question JD.

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 09:04 PM
Like I said in my first post, you should have something to fall back on. stick with school. In the meantime, can I borrow about a mil? I'm good for it.

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 09:08 PM
**** Sev. I always kinda thought you had a thing for high school girls. But you didn't have to come out and admit it publicly like that :eek:

Who knew they were high schoolers? You can't tell nowadays - it's gotta be the chemicals in the chicken

SevenStar
11-14-2002, 09:15 PM
where else can two women fight over who gets to sit next to you? college.

where do you always get to eat free because the casheir has it bad for you? college. (she was one of the two fighting to sit next to me)

where else can you be in a dorm room with 4 women all getting naked? college.

all that, and you get to learn to. since you don't have to worry about money to go or scholarships, you should definitely go. you talked about opening a club - major in business.

then send me a mil or two so I can open a badass training facility.

ewallace
11-14-2002, 09:16 PM
As has been said, the money may not always be there. You never know when your life will be completely turned upside down. At least finish high school and stash away enough (education bonds would probably be good, but water dragon would know more about that) for a 4-6 year degree at a major university. Take some time off after high school and figure out what you want to do with your life. If you have any kind of self discipline, a few months of sitting around not doing anything will get to be unbearable.

Think of yourself as a football player that is leaving college after his sophoomore year to enter the NFL draft. If in his rookie year he tears his achilles(sp) and can never play again, he's screwed.

I think the single best piece of advice was given to me by my grandfather...NEVER BURN YOUR BRIDGES.

Water Dragon
11-14-2002, 09:33 PM
Look Joe, Let me put it to you like this. You're in a situation where you could be set. Go to college for this reason.

You don't need to worry about getting a job, if you play it smart. Get a degree in something you find interesting. Become Fluent in Chinese. Become an expert at Taoism, Buddhism, etc. by taking religious studies, fine art, music, whatever interests you.

Understand that 90 % of learning in college takes place outside of academics. You will be exposed to so many things that you cant even think of yet. You'll meet people from every part of the world and get to know some of them.

Most importantly, between the ages of 18 and 24, you grow into a man. The life experiences you're going to get on a campus during those years is priceless.

Oh yeah, take some finance and econ so you can make your money work for you, and train while in school. There's usually something good around most large campuses.

Lung Hu Pai
11-14-2002, 09:58 PM
Everybody on this thread is correct. You pretty much can do whatever you want to do, but it's good to be educated. I dropped out of college after two years and decided to go out and work for a couple of years. It's then that I realized how important it is to be educated. The extra plus is, you'll have the freedom to study whatever you like and not deal with a lot of the BS needed to get a degree.

dezhen2001
11-15-2002, 02:00 AM
MJ: wow something to think long and hard about :)

hmmm... i would also say that u can ALSO learn a lot by being like me in uni right now: no money, big debts, no motivation, major stress, a gf thousands of miles away etc...

if u havent experienced what it is to be truly up sh|t creek, u dont know how to paddle...

for me if i had that chance: i would put most of it away, help my family get back on a level track and give them a little more, and just think what do i actually wanna do...

thinking now :p

i would study what i already am - i study design and see things in a visual way. its how i express myself besides MA. So i'd do that and train with my teacher as much as i can. Also spend time to learn the things that interest me and just find my direction... as u at least have some savings to fall back on.

uni is a VERY good place to find out who you are, as everyone said above. I never been around so many ppl who are drunk/high while not being either... really makes u think about what most ppl do ;) Also learn how to get such things as puke stains from your carpet etc. oh - and mould off the shower (from last years room occupant!)

hmmm...

im just rambling, but really... think hard about what u wanna do. For me an education is important for what you DO learn, as well as what's "extra-curricular", and also what mistakes u make along the way.

take it easy buddy :)
dawood

Sharky
11-15-2002, 06:59 AM
i'm 2nd year half way through my degree at the moment. i don't want it to end, and neither will you.

go to college you bum.

apoweyn
11-15-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Martial Joe
by the way i posted this because i was debating dropping out because im already set but i feel out of place just thinking of it.

I want to graduate and then do all the ho pimpin.

right, right. and just imagine how miserable and unpopular an independently wealthy young man with a humvee and great wodges of cash would be on a college campus.

jumping jack crap, martial joe, i can't believe this is even a question. hell, i'd go back to graduate school just to hang around with ya.

stuart b.

p.s. and believe it or not (probably not), you may hit a point later in life when you wish you'd done something more. learned something more. written something more. whatever. college is a good opportunity to become aware of other possibilities. that's all.

apoweyn
11-15-2002, 08:03 AM
OK, I'm hijacking this thread and renaming it the college thread. This is for all those young'uns that don't know whether or not they should go to college. Now, let's not bore them with talk of academics, futures, woo woo woo, blaze skippy. They've alrready been bored to death. Let's tell 'em bout all the good stuff, like 3 AM dorm room booty calls and upside down Margaritas.

oh yes. three a.m. booty calls in the dorm room are absolutely not to be missed.

honestly, i think you'd be stark raving mad to pass up this opportunity, martial joe.

stuart b.

fa_jing
11-15-2002, 08:38 AM
:rolleyes: I disagree. Don't go to college - yet. College is set up to come right after high school - before kids fully mature these days. It's a holdover from a past time, when only the elite went to school and they didn't need to learn about hard work or the life of the common man, they just needed to know how to act elite. Things have changed now. Time is valuable - don't waste it not knowing what you're studying or why. If you enter school at 26, believe me you will clean up just as much, more actually, and the chicks will just be younger which is sweet. Finish high school or drop out and get your GED, it's up to you! Don't believe the hype. Go to Europe and hang out on the Riviera, believe me you'll get laid, meet people from all over, and expand your horizons. Fly out to Chicago, I'll teach you loads about life that you'll not learn easily from other sources (or by living it yourself). Go to China and study Kung Fu. Start a business. You're usually better off working for yourself than working for someone else. Need an idea, I've got a ton, need advice, my friend Monir is CEO of a consulting firm, I've got contacts. You've got the hookup right here, but do whatever the F(ck you want. Be free. If you like school, stay, but I wouldn't if I was in your shoes, knowing what I know now. Heck, hire a private tutor if you want to learn, or get hands-on experience, it's better. Education is paramount but school does not equal education, as you can tell from the other posts. It's not the only or the best way to party, either. You are operating under a completely different dynamic now - people are going to try to take advantage of you, so you won't be able to live quite the carefree college life described above, unless you go to school with a bunch of rich kids like I did. Part of the glory of the college experience is NOT being set, learning to live on chump change, and enjoy life anyway. You don't need this at all. You can have a better, freer time outside of school, you just need to travel. You need to learn, but you won't learn what you need to know in school. School is for learning things you don't need to know, you just are learning for the sake of it, which is beautiful, but make sure you learn what you DO need to know first. And, make sure you know what it is you WANT to learn, before you spend your time in school!

Water Dragon
11-15-2002, 08:45 AM
I disagree. No one knows what the hell they want to do when they go to college. That's a part of the experience. I must've changed my major 5 times and dropped out twice.

Why be surrounded by 18-24 year olds when your 26? Do it when you're 18-24 like everyone else. Any normal 26 year old is not going to have much in common with an 18 year old. If you're gonna do it for the experience, do it at 18. If you're doing it purely for the education, you can do it at 26 no problem.

fa_jing
11-15-2002, 08:56 AM
Nobody knows because they're all making the same mistake. And in most cases, there's no other good choice. It doesn't really do you much good to work at Wendy's for a couple years before you go to school, but if you have the opportunity to travel or stidy Kung Fu or something else (which require cash), then by all means delay your entry. Doesn't have to be until your 26, maybe enter at 22. You yourself will better be able to make the decision as your life unfolds. All I'm saying is, don't go to school just because someone told you to, go because you want to and if you have a good reason for it, if it is a means to an end. And at your stage, there is all this hype about education and you should know the truth - that the reason teachers hype the school system so much is that they themselves live off of it. Again, education is paramount, fun is glorious, school is optional.

apoweyn
11-15-2002, 09:02 AM
i have to disagree fa-jing. i think you have a point. but i'm with water dragon. college is largely about your experiences outside of the classroom. and those experiences are going to be radically different if you're a different age from everyone around you. not necessarily worse. but different.

i'm getting ready to go to graduate school at 32 years old. and i partly wish that i'd done so straight out of undergrad. though i think you have a point about figuring out what you want to do. if i'd gone to grad school years ago, it would have been with a very different goal in mind. so i'm not sorry that i waited so long. HOWEVER, i'm doing it for the academics now. i'm looking for a different set of experiences. and the age difference hopefully won't figure in as much.

but if it were undergrad, i'd really regret the age difference, i think.

stuart b.

p.s. what's with the rolly eyes?

KC Elbows
11-15-2002, 04:03 PM
In a way, I envy the social experiences of all those who took college right after high school and lived there, and in a way, I'm really disturbed by all the comments that it's more about what's outside of the classroom.

True, networking is important. But what good is networking a bunch of people who don't have deep thoughts about what they're networking about? Hell, I networked with all the miscreants outside of college while you were networking with the miscreants in. And if you want orgies, deal heavily addictive drugs.(I'm going to hell). It's more immediately profitable than college.

Sorry for the tangent. Go to college. In between terms, travel and adventure as fa jing said. Because he's right in a way, but don't risk your future to travel(trust me on this-gots plenty of experience and brains, but, as far as it matters to society, I'm a side of human beef who can easily be replaced come dinner time-whatever that means). Travel in between terms. And not spa vacation crap. Real adventure, something that tests you, something that teaches you.

Me, I'm going to school one class at a time, and I've yet to experience a class that I didn't work all out for, even though it might have been an easy A. I always find supplementary material and try to read the works of the actual thinkers in a field while I'm taking my class, not just the stuff the teacher recommend.

Of course, don't listen to me, I ain't got no edumacation.

wushu chik
11-15-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
sex under the steps in a university building, sex in bushes on the campus, arcades with the coolest games, hot women, an accessible gym...did I say hot women? College was great for me.

7*~ I don't know what your prob was....i did all that in HIGH SCHOOL!! And the only hot woman i looked at, was me....but the guys man.....OH THE GUYS!!!

MJ~ Do what you think is right. But don't drop out of HS! Just maybe take a break from going straight to college out of HS! Live a little....travel, see the world, THEN, if you want to...go to college. Don't let people push you into doing what THEY want you to do! Just follow your heart!!

OMG, THAT WAS MUSHY, I FEEL DIRTY......MUST TAKE A SHOWER NOW!!! :D

~Wen~

wushu chik
11-15-2002, 04:56 PM
where else can two women fight over who gets to sit next to you? college.

where do you always get to eat free because the casheir has it bad for you? college. (she was one of the two fighting to sit next to me)

where else can you be in a dorm room with 4 women all getting naked? college.

Like i said....i accomplished this in HIGH SCHOOL!! Gotta love having fam at Berkeley!!! :cool:

~Wen~

Xebsball
11-15-2002, 05:16 PM
Son, if i got very rich i wouldnt do any college.
I would only train/travel/party/do nothing.
Its true that someday you could need that degree, but you also could instantely DIE without warning anytime hit by a truck while crossing the street to get to school. You could also DIE by a number of different other causes at anytime in your future.
Preparing for the unkwown might in the end might have been pointless.

I didnt get any no nothing neither in elementary school, high school or the short time spent in university (wich i got in and out twice :D)
But really, i think you should finish your studies if you find em to be somehow fun, if not its up to you to know if its worth the pain or not.

Stacey
11-15-2002, 05:32 PM
But take this as an endorsement.

I did make out with a girl in a tree before going back to her room and get up in another one against the science building in a drunkfest/riot, but these situations do no happen to everyone. Where else do two hot lesbians grab your ass and ask "who are you going home with?" Not in church...well.....maybe catholic church. JK. College, where you can have intellectual debates and then get your dack sucked to your favorite tune. Where its worth class to stay home for the duration of your hand job. Where their are swedish/japanese exchange students who want to make you their lover. Where there are drunk fests where you can wake up in someone's lawn and eat breakfast with them, chip in for beer and body paint and show up even more ripped to the homecoming game. Yes. College is not something to miss.

a little advice....if a girl says "I'm sooooo drunk" this means, "**** me before I am responsible for my actions." In turn say, me to...I don't know anything in the world except your name...and then remember her name. Its that easy. She's that easy :)

Water Dragon
11-15-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by KC Elbows
In a way, I envy the social experiences of all those who took college right after high school and lived there, and in a way, I'm really disturbed by all the comments that it's more about what's outside of the classroom.

Why be disturbed? Nobody's knocking education. Education is key, but joe will hear that from anyone he talks too. It's stating the obvious.

I came from a mill town in the hood just outside of Chicago. College introduced me to the Opera, theatre, Art, and all kinds of people I never would have met in the hood.

I made the closest friends I'll ever have in college, because we were all nothing more than a bunch of kids going through it together with nobody to turn to but each other.

Let me go ahead and restate that.

we were all nothing more than a bunch of kids going through it together with nobody to turn to but each other.

That's the key right there. That's what makes the college experience what it is. You're taken away from what is familiar, and forced to grow up in a totally new and strange and exciting world with nothing but your friends, who are going through it with you.

That's 90 % of the college experience right there.

Water Dragon
11-15-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by apoweyn

p.s. what's with the rolly eyes?

Oh, he's just upset that he was a **** in college and never got laid. Go back and read the first couple of pages of this topic.

Water Dragon
11-15-2002, 06:09 PM
What the hell? They censor **** around here too :confused:

SevenStar
11-15-2002, 06:58 PM
yeah it is. weird , ain't it?

KC, saying "stay in school and go to college so you can learn" is a good thing to say, but it's also boring - he's already thinking about not going. We want to show him there's a fun side to it also - experiences that he may never have if he doesn't go. I met one of my best friends, teacher, and training partner there at a MA club that we started. I had a challenge match there, got into wanting to enter grappling competitions and fight full contact, etc. alot of stuff I may not have been into or exposed to had I not gone to college.

SevenStar
11-15-2002, 07:06 PM
Wen, I shoulda known you when I was in high school!

Xebsball
11-15-2002, 08:16 PM
There might a fun side or not.
One never knows, i for example thought university was 10 times more boring than school. Why, i dont know.
I guess it depends on the combination of the enviroment + individual and the outcome of such is most the times unpredictable.
I cant say its not worth the try though, it truly is worth.

wushu chik
11-15-2002, 08:19 PM
Wen, I shoulda known you when I was in high school!

Yeah, that's what they ALL say ;)

~Wen~

diego
11-16-2002, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by apoweyn
listen to the water dragon. he knows of what he speaks.

:)

LOMFL at this thread going from a question about preferance of auto 2 lesson's in Pimp.

guohuen
11-16-2002, 09:08 AM
Stay in school and learn as much as you can ******!:mad: :( :) :D

guohuen
11-16-2002, 09:10 AM
******= d a m m i t.

Martial Joe
11-16-2002, 12:08 PM
Understand that 90 % of learning in college takes place outside of academics. You will be exposed to so many things that you cant even think of yet. You'll meet people from every part of the world and get to know some of them.

I could easily do that with traveling and just being rich.

And all that stuff about booty calls and lots of girls and all that...

...look at a rap video...see those guys, they are rich and they actually do that stuff that you see.

Partying with their friends meeting new people and having alot of fun.

Martial Joe
11-16-2002, 12:12 PM
I should add that their fun isnt for just a college time.

So alot of them wont be like "ahh the college days i miss them. College was the best time of my life."

I hear so many people say that and i ask why....they reply with it was so much fun...all the partying and seeing people.

I will compair myself to a rap star once again
Look at those guys, now they look like they live "THE" life, Not "THE" college.

Xebsball
11-16-2002, 12:12 PM
BOOTY!! :D :D

Martial Joe
11-16-2002, 12:14 PM
Look at those guys, now they look like they live "THE" life, Not "THE" college.

I said that...doesnt it sound great?

dezhen2001
11-16-2002, 12:57 PM
Look at those guys, now they look like they live "THE" life, Not "THE" college

ur quote pretty much said it all :)
your forgetting all the family problems, drug addiction etc. that a lot of rich/famous people have as well... what happens if u have mor emoney than u could ever spend and need? it gets bloody BORING after a while and THAT is when things go downhill... imo anywyay :p Thats why doing something worthwhile is well, worthwhile...

dawood

Lung Hu Pai
11-16-2002, 02:32 PM
You're right about the life part Martial Joe, since you have the money; partying, travel, and women will be no problem for you. You can put off education for a long time too. The thing is, after a while, most people usually outgrow these things. You should have all the fun you can. For me personally, I'm recommending the school thing because I don't like feeling dumb and I feel my brain is going to waste. Also, it gives you a chance to meet people with similar interests as you and also gives you something to talk about. The best thing is that you can do school on your own terms since you have the money to do it. Do whatever you like, but keep school an option in the back of your mind. Things change as you get older.

Water Dragon
11-16-2002, 03:22 PM
Simple solution Joe.
You have all this money, so spring break, go hang out on campus with Ryu, or Iron Fist, or someone on the board who goes to school. See what it's about. That'll help you know if it's for you or not.

anton
11-17-2002, 12:05 AM
I know it may seem like you're "set for life" now, but permanence is an illusion. Money comes and goes - it can be taken away from you as fast as it is given. The knowledge and skills you get from a formal education are something that no-one can take from you. Apart from getting you a job and money, an education makes you "an educated person" - it changes the way you think fundamentally and makes you more able to enjoy life in ways a person with no education never will. I suggest you finish school, enroll in a college degree, defer the first year and go travelling all over the world. Then come back and do the degree.

Martial Joe
11-17-2002, 09:36 PM
Yeah...all i want to do is enjoy my life...ive been through some ****...i dont want to go through it again.

Martial Joe
11-17-2002, 09:51 PM
I have decided to finish highschool no matter what...colege is a road ahead so this thread is done...it can be deleted or whatever.

Martial Joe
11-17-2002, 09:53 PM
by the way. thanks for the replies.

dezhen2001
11-17-2002, 09:54 PM
good luck with what u do :)

dawood

Martial Joe
11-17-2002, 09:58 PM
thanks bud

Chang Style Novice
11-17-2002, 10:01 PM
Also, Joe, keep in mind that real life can be more expensive than anticipated. It certainly is for me!

I'm pleased that you've decided to finish highschool, and not futz with a GED (Good Enough Degree.) You seem like a bright guy, and I'd bet college would be good for you, as well as a blast.

On another note, my cartoon would beat up your cartoon. So there. Nyah, nyah, nyah. Neener neener neener.

Shadow Dragon
11-17-2002, 10:03 PM
MJ.

Here is my advise:
When you are finished with your education go for a few "Wanderjahre".

This is an old concept where a person that learned a trade or similar had to travel for 1+ year while supporting and prooving himself by doing his trade.

Living away from home AND working for a few years is a good way of maturing, you will very soon learn what is good and what is not, plus it helps to learn not to rely on family and friends during times of hardship.

Try going into a different country for a few years and you will come back years ahead of your peers.

Just my 0.2 cents.

Martial Joe
11-17-2002, 10:04 PM
haha, who is that guy in your icon...ive seen him before.

Yeah i might go to college...all the money in the world isnt everything.

ill know when the time comes...god bless if your religious.

Martial Joe
11-17-2002, 10:05 PM
shadow dragon...if i get the opprotunity i will do that. goodnight man.

Shadow Dragon
11-17-2002, 10:09 PM
MJ.

Opportunities don't come along, you make them happen.

Same as problems you create them all by yourself without any outside help.

All the best for your future..