PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu Spectacular in Vancouver not to be missed!

firepalm
11-14-2002, 02:22 PM
'Wushu BC' will be presenting what is sounding to be a very exciting show featuring various traditional styles of Kung Fu, as well as Contemporary Wushu & San Shou. Special guests will be Monkey King Chan Sau Chung & his son Chan Kai Leung. 'Wushu BC' and its member clubs are pulling out all the stops to make this a really exciting show.

The show is apparently themed showcasing the origins of Kung Fu and up to the competitive aspects of Wushu & San Shou.

Tomorrow Friday night @ the Michael J. Fox theater, tickets available through Ticketmaster

:cool:

rubthebuddha
11-14-2002, 02:39 PM
dåmn you firepalm! you GOTTA give us more notice on stuff like that. i live right across the border in bellingham, and if i knew about this, i'd have made plans.

still might be able to go, but i doubt it. :(

GeneChing
11-14-2002, 03:06 PM
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/cgi-local/calendar.pl?month=November

Oh wait, nevermind. By the time it gets approved, it'll already have happened. :(

firepalm
11-14-2002, 03:20 PM
I put a couple notices in a couple of weeks ago. Still it will be worth the trip, Bellingham what an hour away! There'll be enough Kung Fu & Wushu to last you months:D

diego
11-14-2002, 03:25 PM
**** firepalm, this is like the 4th time you posted a event, and im broke as hell...:rolleyes: you think you can like crosscheck with me, then tell the vancouver kf event organizers to set up events, when i get paid:cool:

rubthebuddha
11-14-2002, 10:27 PM
to burnaby, it's only about 45 minutes if i drive with enthusiasm and get a border guard who's having a good day.

alas, i'm teaching tomorrow. won't be able to make it :(

Stone Monkey
11-15-2002, 12:19 AM
Sounds like it's gonna be pretty sweet - I will be there with a bunch of friends and fellow students.

Apparently Choy Lee Fut, Hung Gar, 7 Star Mantis, Hsing Yi & Ba Gua as well as Lion & Dragon Dance, San Shou and Contemporary Wushu will all be represented...:cool: