PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone ever write midis before?

IronFist
11-15-2002, 12:40 AM
While we're OT about music, let's talk about midis. Anyone here ever sequence or write anything before? What software did you use? Post some links to the songs:)

I'm trying to find the ones I made... they're way back from high school. Hahaha.

IronFist

Former castleva
11-15-2002, 05:45 AM
I´m going straight to hell now but...
I listen to old,video game clips in forms of midi etc.
Genuine stuff.
:)

Souljah
11-15-2002, 05:52 AM
I started making them a couple of years back in secondary school (15-16)
and yep, I still make them, cubase vst is one nice program but logic audio is still easier to adapt to and more versatile.
I've sold a few tunes, dont think they were used or even released but got a fair sum for them......considering I'm only composing and not fully producing.

Which is my next step, Im trying to build my studio up so I can do this as there are a few 'new' heads that want to use some of me and my friends tunes.
But music is one very expensive business.....

soul

Souljah
11-15-2002, 05:55 AM
sorry havent put anything on the net (yet)
Have got alot of tunes though (257 now i've counted them)
However only about 60-70 of these are finished, and theres only a handful of them I actually still like.....lol

soul

FatherDog
11-15-2002, 08:52 AM
When I took Electronic Music in college, I used Cakewalk to make midis and mp3s. The only one I still have laying around somewhere is my final project, which was the Welsh Charm of Making from Excalibur layered over itself five times, with the "Song of Time" from Zelda64 in the background as a midi track.

I got an A :D

Sho
11-15-2002, 09:04 AM
I've tried to compose some midis with a program called Cakewalk Pro, but nothing greater than just simple melodies and beats. It's a fairly easy-to-cope-around software if you have some basic knowledge on the piano keyboard.

Sharky
11-15-2002, 11:35 AM
i record all my songs using logic audio platinum 4.7, and make beats using Reason 1.0 on my powerbook. got the whole home studio thang goin on

Souljah
11-15-2002, 12:01 PM
home studio eh, *sniff*:( I hope for this

So you got mixer and effects and sends station hooked up? nice
How come you make beats on a seperate module?

Next thing im lookin to get is a Korg X5D or a korg triton (though the triton is like a g more!) - My current key board is abit beatup.

My favorite composer is a guy called bruce faulconer, u may have heard of him, he composed all the AMERICAN dragonball z music to name just some of his work.
I say american cos the episodes we get here in the UK have crap music that toonami put on and sounds like it took about 2mins to compose.:mad:
The music he made for the original DBZ conversions is real atmospheric, especially in the latest episodes
The character theme tunes are just classic (vegetas had to be the forst that got me hooked)

soul