PDA

View Full Version : WTgymnastics???

Tvebak
11-16-2002, 03:11 PM
Hi guys.
I just watched a tape with some WT demos and in one of them there is three people doing the three basic WTforms at the same time...looks nice.
But in the end one of them who is doing, i think its called Biuzte is doing some strange armswings and bending his body forwards like doing gymnastics.
I have always heard that all WT movements have a purpose in fighting...so im rather curious about the applications of this movement.

OdderMensch
11-16-2002, 04:39 PM
that must have been the "chum sun" motion. it is the last movement in the third form (before the final punchs)

every other movment from every other form has use and purpose in fighting, but thats just a nice way to stetch out your back. honest ;)

I am only a "chum kui" level student so I don't practice bui jee, but I'm sure if its in one of the three hand sets, its meant to hurt people in some way.

wtinfo
11-17-2002, 03:56 AM
can you post a link to the vid?

Thanks

Tvebak
11-17-2002, 11:29 AM
wtinfo: sorry, its a tape, not a online video...And i dont have neither the equipment nor the knowelgde to transfer it and put it online.

AdrianUK
11-18-2002, 05:39 AM
Hi All

I know the motion you mean and have been told a purpose to it, but since I am not at the biu level yet I have forgotten the **** thing, someone higher in WT come on and spill !

Regards to all

45degree fist
11-19-2002, 01:45 PM
I once attended a seminar dedicated to the applications in the form if my memmory serves me correctly this motion is to clear away an attack when you have been taken down or being controlled by the back of the neck like how a kick boxer might knee you.

Tristan
11-19-2002, 02:58 PM
Correct: Going down with bongsao (when he pulls your arm) an going up with maansao.

T.

Mr Punch
11-20-2002, 07:26 AM
this may help (http://martial.best.vwh.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15140&highlight=biu+jee)

...but I wouldn't go too far without someone showing you, or, of course, using it.