PDA

View Full Version : WHF book covers

Skarbromantis
11-16-2002, 04:52 PM
I have a set of books that have diffrent covers some have 2 men on the front and the others have 1 picture of Won on the cover with diffrent backgrounds, I think books 1-4 have the men, and 5-16 have the other style covers, is anyone else set like this?

Are they 2 diffrent sets mixed togather, or did they change the cover after the 4 th book?

Is there a set, that has the 2 men on every book?

Just courious, if anyone know, thanks.

Skard1

Tainan Mantis
11-18-2002, 04:16 PM
Did you get the books with 2 guys on the cover from Taiwan?
That is most common here.
The ones with WHF on the cover are sold in HK.

It looks like the 2 guys are doing part of 2 man bengbu.
Although those guys are traced it looks just like the guy traced in the Duo Gang, 18 Elders and Cha Chuei book.
So I wonder if there is another traced version of 2 man beng bu.

Some WHF books have nothing but characters on the cover, but this might be Taiwan version only.

Skarbromantis
11-18-2002, 09:11 PM
Thanks Tainan Mantis,

I got most of my book here in Toronto, from a local guy, where he got them I dont know?

Are all the books available in Taiwan?

Skard1

Tainan Mantis
11-18-2002, 09:37 PM
Bad news,
All the book stores that I have been going to to get the old and out of print books have recently taken all their stock and returned it to the publisher.
In many cases this includes books that have been sitting on the shelf for 10-20 years.

I think this is because new prints of old books are starting to come out.

Of special interest is Wei Hsiao Tang's 8 Step books.
There is the first one that everyone has. It is still available in most book stores as a reprint.
But his next two were only sold by him in the park and never became available to book stores.

These books list several more emptyhand manuscripts as well as forms he only taught in the mainland and all his weapon manuscripts. Pics of him doing jai yao first section as well as weapons.

The only missing manuscript is his short stick which was taught but never written by him.

Hopefully, a loyal disciple of the 8 Step camp will provide a complete translation in the near future, as his 3 books on PM are among the most complete I have seen of publically available material.