PDA

View Full Version : fighting cancer

chief108
11-17-2002, 04:05 AM
A question here on a personal note...
I *know* that some qigung can help you in the proces of fighting cancer.
The question I have is: any first hand experiences here? and if so... what did you practise and how did that help you (how did you notice the effects, what kind of process do you go trough etc. etc.)

Answers please ASAP....

Thnx,
Chief108

JAZA
12-04-2002, 10:05 PM
Wong kiew kit have a site talking about cancer and qi gong.
I think that qi gong could be helpful with relax the mind of the pacient, and keep flowing his inmunological system.

David Jamieson
12-05-2002, 09:53 AM
The psychosomatic aspect is a good deal of what gives disease the upper hand.

The depression associated with fatal disease, the hopelessness, the downheartedness, etc, etc are all caused by the mind.

Relief of the mind vis a vis chi kung or any number of techniques aides the person with the disease to overcome many of the negative emotional aspects which often manifest as physical symptoms.

However, Cancer has a variety of roots from poor diet, poor geographical conditions, environmental conditions and general failure to practice preventative measures.

You cannot "think" away an acute disease, it must be treated with whatever methods are available and often times one thing is not the answer.

Does Chi Kung in and of itself cure cancer? It has never been proven.

Does Chi Kung aid the patient in their ability to deal with cancer and to get through the treatmnent with a better perspective? Absolutely.

It is up to the person though ultimately. Acceptance is often more useful than resistance. Particulalry when seeking and practicing alternative therapies.

It certainly won't cause harm to practice Chi Kung to help with everything from physical strength to relief from nausea.

peace

TenTigers
12-05-2002, 08:48 PM
This disease must be fought holistically. Chi-gung, diet, visualization, etc. I know of someone who was given two months-told to get her house in order.Non-hodgkins lymphoma had mastasticized throughout her body-stomach, lungs, etc.She went on a cleanse, juiced-(carrot, with dong-guai, vitex,black walnut,astragalus) leatrile (which is illegal in the US-but available anyway-check the internet-F** the FDA,AMA, and the pharmaceutical companies who would rather have you die slowly while spending hundreds of thousands on Chemo-leatrile is two-hundred dollars) and chi-kung, and visualization, and laugh therapy-laughing raise your t-cells-rent as many funny videos as you can, and laugh) and a fighting attitude. Six years later, she still calls the doctor up every year and says, "Hey, D***head, I'm still not dead!" try also essiac tea. There are many different brands, try to get the original-the others are worthless.

TenTigers
12-05-2002, 09:22 PM
here's the link:amygdalin laetrile vitamin b-17 amigdalina

chief108
12-06-2002, 01:36 AM
thnx you all!!!

I've had many, many response from all over the planet and I've made my mind up how to get through this.

And the replies here sum this up quite nicely...

While the docs are still looking at their charts and statistics and discussing what the h*ll's wrong with me... I'm on top of things.
Working on my health, keeping my head up, still being able to laugh, cleaning my mind and body of all poison ;)

Thnx again...
And I'll be around (for a very long time...)

Chief108

David Jamieson
12-07-2002, 06:13 AM
ten tigers, i have to ask how you came to know of Ms.Cassies treatment (essiac).

I've never heard of the tea, just the pine gum itself taken internally. it's interesting that her story makes it around as far as it does.

Gives her more credence I would say. Anyway, just curious.

peace

TenTigers
12-07-2002, 07:58 AM
Hey Kung Lek, y'know, when you're sick you do everything and anything. The web, bookstores, etc.My friend found essiac I believe in a book called the cure for cancer, I might be wrong. It's funny, but I know of people who trust their doctors and never go outside the 'norm', meaning they eschew Holistic, natural, medicine. They actually scoff at it. They also get sicker. My cousin has MS. I told her about aspartame, and how it transforms into formaldehyde in the body at like 80 degrees-we are 98.6, and how it affects the brain and neurotransmitters, creating MS, Lupus,etc. She laughed at me. She has also gone from cane to walker to wheelchair. I send articles, she doesn't read them. If it were me,and I was sick and someone said you can get better by sucking a frog's a**, you can bet I'd be in a pond right now. What have you got to lose by trying?

JAZA
12-07-2002, 10:22 PM
Ten Tigers you are right, Chemyotherapy is a killing factor many times.
If I were sick I would ask to keep it as the last chance, it makes your body a chemical bomb.
I hope natural treatments become more know, or at least biotechnology promises become reality.

Former castleva
10-01-2003, 01:08 PM
"My cousin has MS. I told her about aspartame, and how it transforms into formaldehyde in the body at like 80 degrees-we are 98.6, and how it affects the brain and neurotransmitters, creating MS, Lupus,etc. "

I think that has,to a considerable degree,more to do with unfounded scare/propaganda than research.
It´s also interesting that some of the "scaremonger" sites do also promote somewhat questionable information outside of that.

wiz cool c
10-20-2003, 06:39 PM
Here is a formula that can help.

http://www.1hpi.com/hpp23/hp-25.html

GeneChing
10-21-2003, 09:36 AM
Check out our Jul Aug 2003 cover story (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=351)

Higgy
11-10-2003, 09:14 AM
My mother used to make essiac. She had people from all over contacting her for it. Mainly people fighting forms of cancer. You are better off buying the tea in its original state and making it yourself. I will find out where she got it from and come back to this thread.

The supplier she used got hundreds of enquiries to supply essiac but the company just used to pass on my mothers details as a person who made it in that area. (properly!)

Another good one she used to make is KOMBUCHA. This used to give you so much energy and make you more alert.

There are plenty of books/websites out there on how to make these teas/drinks but you do need to do it properly.

Back soon!

GeneChing
09-08-2016, 10:07 AM
When qigong or TCM healers come into our office with a braggadocious attitude, I often ask if they have a cancer cure. If they say 'yes', I ask, 'why aren't you rich then?'

Study shows how Chinese medicine kills cancer cells (http://www.deepstuff.org/study-shows-chinese-medicine-kills-cancer-cells/)

http://i2.wp.com/www.deepstuff.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/3819729510_8185ab9b79_o.jpg?resize=670%2C300
Study shows how Chinese medicine kills cancer cells
September 8, 2016

Researchers at the University of Adelaide have shown how a complex mix of plant compounds derived from ancient clinical practice in China – a Traditional Chinese Medicine – works to kill cancer cells.

Compound kushen injection (CKI) is approved for use in China to treat various cancer tumours, usually as an adjunct to western chemotherapy – but how it works has not been known.

This study, published in the journal Oncotarget, is one of the first to characterise the molecular action of a Traditional Chinese Medicine rather than breaking it down to its constituent parts.

“Most Traditional Chinese Medicine are based on hundreds or thousands of years of experience with their use in China,” says study leader, Professor David Adelson, Director of the Zhendong Australia – China Centre for the Molecular Basis of Traditional Chinese Medicine.

“There is often plenty of evidence that these medicines have a therapeutic benefit, but there isn’t the understanding of how or why.

“If we broke down and tested the components of many Traditional Chinese Medicines, we would find that individual compounds don’t have much activity on their own. It’s the combination of compounds which can be effective, and potentially means few side-effects as well.

“This is one of the first studies to show the molecular mode of action of a complex mixture of plant-based compounds – in this case extracts from the roots of two medicinal herbs, Kushen and Baituling – by applying what’s known as a systems biology approach. This is a way of analysing complex biological systems that attempts to take into account all measurable aspects of the system rather than focussing on a single variable.”

The Zhendong Australia China Centre for Molecular Traditional Chinese Medicine was established at the University of Adelaide in 2012 in a collaboration with the China-based Shanxi College of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Zhendong Pharmaceutical Company.

The Centre was established with a donation by the Zhendong Pharmaceutical Company, with the aim of understanding how Traditional Chinese Medicine works, and the long-term aim of possible integration into western medicine.

The researchers used high-throughput next generation sequencing technologies to identify genes and biological pathways targeted by CKI when applied to breast cancer cells grown in the laboratory.

“We showed that the patterns of gene expression triggered by CKI affect the same pathways as western chemotherapy but by acting on different genes in the same pathways,” says Professor Adelson.

“These genes regulate the cell cycle of division and death, and it seems that CKI alters the way the cell cycle is regulated to push cancer cells down the cell death pathway, therefore killing the cells.”

Professor Adelson says this technique could be used to analyse the molecular mechanisms of other Traditional Chinese Medicines, potentially opening their way for use in western medicine.

GeneChing
09-15-2016, 11:37 AM
Maybe we should launch a 'TCM Fail' thread.

Young Chinese actress dies from cancer after choosing traditional Chinese medicine over chemotherapy (http://shanghaiist.com/2016/09/15/xu_ting.php)

http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/alexlinder/xu_ting.jpg

Chinese actress Xu Ting died from cancer on September 7th at the age of 26; however, Chinese netizens are wondering how much of a part traditional Chinese medicine also played in the young woman's tragic death.
In July, Xu revealed to her 300,000 fans on Weibo that she had been diagosed with lymphoma. "No matter how long I live, I want to enjoy every day happily," Xu wrote in her post.

http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/alexlinder/xu_ting3.jpg

In that spirit, Xu decided not to undergo chemotherapy, the typical procedure used to treat lymphoma, reasoning that it would be too painful and could even result in a quicker death, adding that she didn't want to "let chemotherapy torment me to the point where there’s no beauty and talent left," The Nanfang reports.
Instead, Xu opted for traditional Chinese medicine, conceding that it might not cure her cancer. On July 24th, she posted pictures of herself receiving cupping therapy from a traditional Chinese medicine "master" she had chosen to treat her. In that post, Xu admits that, "frankly, traditional Chinese medicine is also painful."

http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/alexlinder/xu_ting5.jpg
http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/alexlinder/xu_ting6.jpg

Underneath, the Weibo post, Xu's fan's urged her to reconsider, writing that she was being "cheated" and that "the kind of illness [you have] can only be cured by Western medicine, not Chinese medicine."
Xu received daily TCM sessions that included standard treatments like cupping, acupuncture, back scratching, blood letting and jiusha (揪痧) -- a folk remedy that involves repeatedly pinching the neck, throat and back to increase blood flow.

http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/alexlinder/xu_ting7.jpg
http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/alexlinder/xu_ting8.jpg

However, none of these procedures produced results and Xu grew gradually weaker. According to Sina, Xu's sister became fed up and publicly accused the TCM "master" of being a "fraud." In August, she was able to convince her sister to start chemotherapy.
Unfortunately, by that time Xu's immune system had become too weakened and it was too late. Her last Weibo post came on August 18th. She talked about the incredible pain she was under and wished that it would go away.

http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/alexlinder/xu_ting10.jpg
http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/alexlinder/xu_ting11.png

For critics of traditional Chinese medicine, Xu's death comes as yet another warning of dangerous practices that are based more on superstition than science. TCM's defenders say that the young woman's death can not be blamed on traditional Chinese medicine. After all, she could have just as well have died receiving chemotherapy -- not to mention other kinds of experimental cancer treatments. People's Daily even published an editorial by Dr. Feng Li, Head of the Traditional Chinese Medicine Department at the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences in Beijing, who writes that traditional Chinese medicine should not be blamed for Xu's death:

Is it that TCM is bad at treating tumors? Regardless of whether it’s Western medicine or TCM, malignant tumors are not something that can simply be treated using a single method. They require a synthesized approach, combining both eastern and western methodology.
For example, while western approaches like radiology, chemotherapy, and surgery are effective in shrinking the tumor. TCM is effective in reducing symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, edema, and pain that comes with western treatment. Moreover, after the tumor is under control, TCM helps to repair the immune system, accelerate the body’s recovery, and minimize the chance of the tumor returning. It’s irrational to blindly reject one treatment in complete favor of another. No medical professional would say with certainty that TCM or western medicine is superior. They both have their own advantages and shortcomings. Each case requires specifically tailored treatment according to the stage and pathology.
Therefore, in treating malignant tumors, solely relying on acupuncture and fire cupping is not enough. It’s not that acupuncture and fire cupping are useless. Rather, the treatment was used on the incorrect area.
This incident reflects the mindset of some patients when considering treatment options. Some fear the agony and suffering felt by those undergoing chemo and radiation therapy. Out of a psychological fear, they choose to completely pursue the less painful option offered by Traditional Chinese Medicine. Some even feel that TCM has mystical powers, able to cure any illness.
Additionally, public dissemination of the popular science behind treating tumors is insufficient. After contracting an illness, many feel lost and will desperately seek out any doctor that presents a solution. This is a situation we all need to hereafter avoid and correct.
I recommend that once patients discover their illness, they go to a regulated, prestigious hospital and seek medical advice. On a national level, there needs to be an increase in regulation and supervision so that patients can receive a standardized level of treatment.
Throughout her experience with cancer, Xu stayed optimistic and used her platform to help others in need. When fans wrote in with words of encouragement, she redirected them to other cancer patients that she had met that needed more help than her. She also donated money to children suffering from cancer and tried to encourage them to remain positive. "I believe without a doubt that if we can go forward without fear and with optimism and bravery, then we can make a miracle happen," she wrote.

http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/alexlinder/xu_ting9.jpg

[Images via Weibo / Shanghai Daily]

GeneChing
10-28-2016, 09:11 AM
Massage is contraindicated for cancer anyway as it can abet metastasis.

No evidence that massage can prevent, treat breast cancer: doctors (http://www.shanghaidaily.com/metro/health-and-science/No-evidence-that-massage-can-prevent-treat-breast-cancer-doctors/shdaily.shtml)
By Cai Wenjun | October 24, 2016, Monday | ONLINE EDITION

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/newsimage/2016/10/24/020161024164709.jpg

THE poor awareness and improper prevention and treatment of breast cancer can be important reasons for the rise of incidence, medical experts told the National Breast Cancer Meeting in Shanghai over the weekend.

The incidence of breast cancer keeps rising in China. The incidence in urban areas is 34.3 in every 100,000, while it is 100 in every 100,000 people in Shanghai, topping all female cancers.

People’s low awareness of regular screening, proper prevention and treatment, some wrong ideas like so-called folk remedy and massage at beauty parlors resulted in many patients missing the best time for treatment.

“There are many misunderstandings on breast cancer in China, as some beauty parlors claimed that massage can remove lumps on the breast and reduce toxin in the body,” said Dr Shao Zhimin from Shanghai Cancer Center.

“Women can regularly check their breast through self-massage, while there are no evidence supports that massage can prevent or treat breast cancer.

On the contrary, improper massage can speed up the spreading of cancerous cells into blood system.”

Regular screening and proper treatment are key for breast cancer prevention and control, as Chinese laboratory medicine is developing quickly under the rising demand, especially in the fields of oncology, premarital tests and infectious diseases for precision medicine.

“The genetic sequencing technology can identity the different types of patients’ breast cancer and guide doctors to give more targeted medicines and treatment,” Dr Pan Baishen from Zhongshan Hospital said on the first forum of the Best of AACC China launched by Chinese Society of Laboratory Medicine and American Association of Clinical Chemistry in Shanghai.

Health and Science

mickey
11-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Greetings,

There is nothing in the article that the same self inspection methods that we encourage in the USA are the same as those used in massage parlors in China. It appears that they are doing something different. There has been no reference to any situation where parlor passage has caused metastasis. Only the possibility was offered. Where are the facts?

mickey

boxerbilly
11-01-2016, 08:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBFBwfBGJVo

David Jamieson
11-22-2016, 09:08 AM
Now I'm interested in the theories around sucking frog asses...