PDA

View Full Version : Sifu Randy Williams

APLISS
11-17-2002, 05:03 PM
Hello,
About 6 or so Yrs ago I was introduced to the Wing Chun system by a friend in my Praying Mantis class. Although my skill was increasing quite quickly (so I thought), I was still having difficulty sparring against my kungfu brothers. I started to analyze deeply why I was having so many problems? I began to notice everyone was fighting the same way & NOT using the Mantis techniques we so intensely drilled.? It appeared every one was fighting like this was karate class & not Praying Mantis class. My friend started to teach me what he had learned in his traditional style of wing chun. After a couple weeks, I was able to start applying certain techniques he intensely drilled into me during sparring. I was able to handle my senior brother much more easily & not frightened of his power. I was working in manhatten @ the time & because of the hrs, I wanted to try to find a wing chun instructor near by so I could work out during the week as much as I can plus the mantis classes plus my private instruction with my friend. I began to build a library of wing chun tapes, books, anything I could get my hands on. I started looking up schools to attend & began my journey of teachers in manhatten. WELL DID I LEARN A LOT ABOUT POLITICS. After attending about 8 or 9 schools during this process, I found a video by Randy Williams. I was not only impressed by how he explained wing chun but he seemed like a down to earth guy, funny yet serious & extremely informative. I thought hmm, why does he explain the system better then the other sifu's I have met? Why so many videos,books, & why so many people "BASHING" him? Well I wrote a letter asking the wing chun world why the issues with Randy Williams & I got bashed by quite a few folks? They told me ( via numerous emails from the wing chun world portal ) that his wing chun is not all that good & he wasn't a student of AFongs? How could this be I thought? His books have numerous photos of Sifu Fong in there, (obviously with PERMISSION by sifu Fong) Randy Williams is even wereing Fongs school tee shirts? He also credits Sifu Fong & his wonderful students about there high level of wingchun that Sifu Williams doesn't believe he is even of the same league to them. His Wing Chun not that good? I actually had AFONGS videos before I picked up RANDY's & was quite impressed to say the least. To say though that SIFU WILLIAMS WING CHUN IS NO GOOD IS A JOKE! At the time I wrote the letter to the wing chun world portal, I did not ever have had contact with SIFU WILLIAMS. I was just a guy interested in learning all there was to learn about the style, the founders , creators, "secret" techniques & the friendly people who study this art. I guess everyone thought that I was his student? Well, I've found out there are a lot of people in WingChun who talk a good game but can't use the system for there own positive benefit. It's gotta be to bash Sifu WILLIAMS or discredit him saying he was never a student? Hello, when are the few of you gonna wake up & admit it, he was a student of SIFU FONG'S & has all the CREDENTIALS TO PROVE IT. ANYONE NEEDING PROOF I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP IN THIS CATEGORY! I was finally able to meet up with SIFU RANDY WILLIAMS & am extremely happy to say that he is not what you BASHERS think he is. He is extremely dedicated to the art of WINGCHUN combat & it's theories. He is a true believer of DEDICATION & working at being the best at what ever you do. If you want to work out, SIFU WILLIAMS can show you a new level of working out plus his knowledge of the WINGCHUN SYSTEM IS QUITE AWESOME, PERIOD. I've met over a dozen sifu's of WINGCHUN & have touched hands with most of them but I have to admit, it really is a shame that you BASHERS are so CLOSED MINDED individuals that you can't open your eye's & do your own reasearch into this BS of a story about SIFU RW. HIS WC IS SICK & if anyone would like to dispute this, call me @ 570-775-0178 to discuss it.
ADAM J PLISS

old jong
11-17-2002, 07:46 PM
Touching! :rolleyes: ;)

vertical fist
04-11-2003, 06:54 PM
Thanks Adam for you're post.

A little over a year ago I trained with CRCA briefly. I've met Sifu Randy and Sifu Wayne Jackson.

They are great guys with great hearts and I agree Sifu Randy is an awesome teacher.

I recommend Close Range Combat Academy for anyone who wants to learn the WC system.

Sifu Wayne Jackson, also recommended, teaching out of Williamsport, MD is an awesome JKD and WC instructer.

rogue
04-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Who is the better fighter, Emin Boztepe or Randy Williams? Both seem very good.:confused:

yuanfen
04-11-2003, 09:28 PM
Troll time!

Stevo
04-12-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by APLISS

Hello,
...about SIFU RW. HIS WC IS SICK...

That's terrible. I hope it's not terminal.

Savi
04-12-2003, 10:26 PM
APLISS,
I admire your character. You display much integrity and show righteousness to those who deserve it. Keep it up! Your kung fu Mo Duk (etiquette) can make many smile...

sticky fingers
04-13-2003, 08:46 AM
I heard Randy Williams is coming to Australia or has already been. Anyone went to his seminars in Oz?

tparkerkfo
04-13-2003, 09:06 AM
Hi,

I am not sure if this is a troll post, which it sounds like, or a sincere one. I'll assume the later.

When I decided I wantered to learn wing chun, I sought out some material to learn more. I bought a dozen or so RW tapes. I bought a few and asked for a few for Christmas and my birthday. I thought, and still think Randy does a fine job explaining his wing chun and being a good guy...on tape at least. I was/am impressed.

Is what he does any good? That is hard to say and probably depends on a lot of factors and your POV. Can he handle himself when it counts? Probably. Do I wish he would stop teaching? Nope, not at all. I think most of the flak comes from other people and not from him. He may well be a good guy.

Part of the issue, from what I understand, was caused by a falling out beween Randy and Fong sifu. There has been enough written, so I wont go into it. But I think the bottom line is that Randy was not a true student of Fong sifu. I think they worked together for a short time and no doubt Fong sifu trained Randy to some degree. But I don't think any one would say it was long enough to be a student.

Anyways, Have fun learning and going to a whole new level.
Tom
________
Yamaha An1X History (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_AN1x)

KPM
04-13-2003, 11:56 AM
Hi Tom!

Respectfully, I think I have to disagree. Randy Williams was a student of Augustine Fong. I cannot say how many actual hours he spent with Fong Sifu, but his tape series presents Fong's version of WCK. He obviously studied with Fong Sifu long enough to gain reasonable proficiency in his version of all of the forms. The vast majority of drills on his videos are also from Fong Sifu. When Williams was teaching in Singapore he invited Fong Sifu over on more than one occasion and presented him as "Si-Gung" to the students there. So IMHO Williams has every right to say he was a student of Augustine Fong. The current issue is that Williams and Fong had a "falling out" and Williams is no longer a part of Fong Sifu's organization, nor do they maintain a student/teacher relationship anymore from what I understand. I've never met Randy Williams, but I will say this for him. I have followed his articles in the magazines for years and even before he studied with Fong Sifu I thought he wrote some of the best articles on WCK in print. They only got better after his association with Fong.

Keith

Grendel
04-13-2003, 12:21 PM
How long do we keep gossiping about this ancient history? Neither Augustine Fong nor Randy Williams has brought the matter up, so what value has anyone elses opinion on the subject?

Rolling_Hand
04-13-2003, 04:30 PM
<<The vast majority of drills on his videos are also from Fong Sifu.>>KPM

Randy Williams has moved beyond time.

He is pure and free.

Unlike other Fong's studends,

Williams travels on alone.

Humm....

Patrick Gordon
04-13-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Rolling_Hand

He is pure and free.

Humm....

Unlike other Fong's students?

Humm...

Patrick Gordon.

yuanfen
04-14-2003, 12:06 AM
never feed the trolls.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bill_G
04-14-2003, 10:49 AM
I am lucky enough to live about 40 mins
away from Sifu Williams and I train with
one of his top students 2 times a week . If anyone in the
area (Northeastern, PA) is interested, I believe Sifu Williams
is going to be offering classes on Thursday nights.
I will still being training with my current Sifu, but will
take an extra class on Thursdays. I have trained
with Sifu Williams numerous times, and he is by far
the best martial arts instructor of any style that
I've come across. He told us the whole story about
him and Sifu Fong, and it's really not important. What
matters is that out of all the fighting styles I've seen and/or
trained in, his is actually practical. He also incorporates
things such as grappling and groundfighting which many
Wing Chun sifus see as untraditional.
I'll find out about this Thursday night class tomorrow night, e-mail me at valken83@hotmail.com if you're interested.

old jong
04-14-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Rolling_Hand

He is pure and free.

Humm....
Well!... (http://www.alcofielen.com/pics/forumpics/whocares/duif.jpg)

burnsypoo
04-14-2003, 03:13 PM
now that's funny.

Originally posted by old jong

Well!... (http://www.alcofielen.com/pics/forumpics/whocares/duif.jpg)

russellsherry
04-14-2003, 05:17 PM
hi guys, sifu randy will be here in australia by the end of the year
randys skill in wing chun, is second to no one and hopefully ill be coming to july 4 next year with a bit of luck, and ill be droping in to a few schools , i wish to met my other idol emin boztepe, with whom i saw on a tape david peteson showd me and for twice in two e mails i agrree with grendal lets not start old wars up
my opinon sifu fongs ok and so is randy peace russelllsherry

sticky fingers
04-15-2003, 11:52 AM
russellsherry

will he be heading out West by any chance?

russellsherry
04-16-2003, 06:04 PM
dear sticky finger s no sifu wiil olny be coming to melbourne.
but if you are rolfs" pupial talk to him about it i might be able to arange something peace russellsherry