PDA

View Full Version : shao-lin do

grasshopper
06-13-2000, 09:31 PM
any practicioners on here?

drunkenostrich
06-13-2000, 09:50 PM
yup! where are you located? who is your teacher?

grasshopper
06-14-2000, 05:38 AM
williamstown,kentucky.Sifu Dan Lester

grasshopper
06-14-2000, 06:04 PM
ostrich?hello out there in cyberworld...

sean_stonehart
06-14-2000, 07:15 PM
Marietta, Ga... Sifu Mike Reid & Master Gary Grooms. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you....

[This message has been edited by sean_stonehart (edited 06-15-2000).]

drunkenostrich
06-14-2000, 08:09 PM
Hello Grasshopper. I am an instructor in SAn Marcos Texas and i have my own school now in Luling Texas, i am a disciple of Master Shaefer who teaches in Austin.

grasshopper
06-15-2000, 05:31 PM
drunkenostrich,
hello sifu,nice to make your auaintance.I've looked on-line for 3 months for shaolin do members and your the first i've found.we have a small school in williamstown ky.but I really like it more than some big schools i've attended{in another style}Grandmaster Sin just tested us last monday.I'm at revnwo@hotmail.com.

grasshopper
06-15-2000, 05:36 PM
sean_stoneheart,
nice to meet ya.I used to want to parachute,but I've found full contact sparring is dangerous enough for me lol.lol.lol.

kungfukid
06-15-2000, 07:11 PM
hello.
i am an instructor for Barry Webb in lagrange, ky

grasshopper
06-15-2000, 07:44 PM
hello kungfukid,
nice to meet you.thanks for your response.anyone associated w/this style feel free to contact me at my e-mail,would like to have new friends.I deleted my icq but will get a new one soon.

------------------
seeking the way

Iron Spirit
06-15-2000, 08:40 PM
Grasshopper, Who told you what the Stone tablet represented?

grasshopper
06-15-2000, 08:40 PM
I really don't want to go there ,but I guess I already did.I don't want to offend anyone,but I sit here dazed and confused,truth?deception?ignorance?wisdom?governme nt influence?lingering secrecy from an age passed?jelousy?fact or fiction?personal perception?
are you curious yet?I was and I went there,wish I hadn't.
KUNGFU FORUM GREETINGS FROM THE TEMPLE PAGE2

------------------
seeking the way

grasshopper
06-15-2000, 08:44 PM
IRON SPIRIT,
I'M NOT MEANING TO BE OFFENSIVE TO ANYONE,I'M JUST CONFUSED HERE .JAMES R. HALLADAY "SHAOLIN-DO:secrets from the temple"

Iron Spirit
06-15-2000, 08:50 PM
Nothing wrong with seeking the truth, I wasted a year training with a teacher who wasnt what he said. Better to waste a year then a year and a day though

grasshopper
06-15-2000, 08:54 PM
IRONSPIRIT,
do you know anything about this particular situation?

Iron Spirit
06-15-2000, 09:31 PM
Check your email Grasshopper

grasshopper
06-16-2000, 06:29 AM
to all my brothers in shaolin-do,
I want to sincerely apologize for reopening this can of worms,I didn't know this topic had been on here before,{I wish I'dve seen it}I also expected intellectual discussion and not a bunch of mud slinging.sorry if anyone in our style OR ANY OTHER STYLE was offended.

ScreamingDragon
06-19-2000, 11:09 AM
Mudslinging is the correct term. As I've said in numerous posts, it's just wasted energy. I'd much rather focus it into exchanging useful info/techniques. So, let's hope that we can really turn the page on this topic and get down to being students of Kung-Fu.

Peace Everyone!

Screaming Dragon

grasshopper
06-20-2000, 09:26 AM
I totally agree screamingdragon.I've read all your posts latley and was highly impressed.hope to talk with ya.thanks.

------------------
seeking the way

ScreamingDragon
06-20-2000, 01:02 PM
Grasshopper,

Where do you study? Do you have a favorite animal style? I'm curious to know where other Shaolin-Do practioners are in their developements and what they've encountered to get there.

Peace and Good Fortune!

Screaming Dragon

grasshopper
06-21-2000, 05:30 PM
screaming dragon,
I'm probably not the one to answer most of your questions because I'm still in the begining stages of this art.our system first extensiveley trains your body and mind to be able to do and learn the teachings you recieve later.it's a really well thought out path of teaching and learning,I'm sure many styles work the same way but this goes a little further than ones I've studied before,especially in training your mind to be able to take in so much in a short period.
personally I've always liked the tiger style but I'm really not built for that,6'4" 200 lbs.lol.probably better suited for mantis or crane,I don't know yet what I'll specialize in.fortunatley I'll get a little of all the ones we have and then I can decide which ones I'll focus on when the time comes.I'll tell you about my previous training on email if you'd like,{just so no one gets offended by my views of it} thanks for your intrest.

------------------
seeking the way