PDA

View Full Version : Dropping a line

Ryu
11-18-2002, 12:57 PM
Hi everyone.
I'm just dropping a line to say hi and let everyone know what's been going on.

Well I have enrolled in a rape-crisis and sexual assault advocacy program (thanks again Watchman) here at my university and county. My training will start in February, and I'll be getting involved with not just advocacy but hopefully the RAD programs sponsored by the police department, etc.
My training is stepping up even more then before. I'm working out quite a bit, running, lifting weights at the gym, and of course sparring, training still in BJJ/judo, JKD, CFA, etc.
Plus, I'm going to be working with some University wrestlers here and there getting my takedowns, sprawls, and matwork just a little more solid. :D

I do think the SD stuff is going to take on more priority for me in the next coming years, so it'll eat up a lot of my time.

I'm getting involved in some Asian Associations and will be trying to get more involved with organizations that speak about violence against women in the media, the stereotypes and mistreatment of Asian women in media (on the rise) etc.
I've given a speech about it lately that went over wonderfully, and seemed to really spark a match inside me about possible career choices I'd like to make.

Right now things are real busy trying to balance college life, training, Advocacy, studies, girls, friends, weightlifting, etc. but things feel really "good" for the first time in a while. So hopefully things will pick up.

Good luck to you guys, take care,
and I'll talk to you later.

I probably won't be posting as much anymore, but I'll always drop by.

See you all later.

Ryu

Qi dup
11-18-2002, 01:21 PM
Right on Ryu, you the man!

KC Elbows
11-18-2002, 01:33 PM
Of course, we have no real proof that he's the man. But even if Ryu's a lying little girl with rickets posing as a man on internet forums, he's the man, for our intents and purposes.

You roll, girl!:D

FatherDog
11-18-2002, 02:13 PM
It's good to see you getting out and involved with the things you consider important, and working to positive effect. Good luck, with your training and your goals.

Watchman
11-18-2002, 02:21 PM
Good luck, Ryu.

I for one can relate that there is a special sense of power that comes with taking your talents and abilities and exercising them in a larger realm of influence. I can personally attest that as soon as those folks get you trained and put to good use, you WILL be saving lives.

Qi dup
11-18-2002, 04:09 PM
That's right KC. In the words of Shaq,

"Before you can be the man, you have to be the man."

TaoBoy
11-18-2002, 04:52 PM
This is not the first time I've been confused by something Shaq has said. :D

SevenStar
11-18-2002, 06:39 PM
Congrats man, keep training hard.

Xebsball
11-18-2002, 10:06 PM