PDA

View Full Version : anybody care to share some secrets?

MaFuYee
06-15-2000, 12:32 AM

[This message has been edited by MaFuYee (edited 06-23-2000).]

YuenBaio
06-15-2000, 06:56 PM
I have trained in Jujutsu, Kenpo and am now in Kung Fu. The interesting combination of experience that I have has developed a very effective ( as I see it ) technique. The few things that I do in a spar are:

1) Stay close to the opponent and press on him IF he/she is larger than I am, but always have defending motions to his punches, crescents etc. Always retreat until there is one opportunity to use the opponent's momentum against them.

For punches below shoulders and above solar plexus, I block with the regular tensed forearm to the forearm, twist my wrist slightly so I can bear it on the forearm and jerk it. Since this is a less known movement, it catches the opponent off his balance and he is pulled foward. He then attempts to regain balance, his concentration on his other hand is nearly gone. What comes next is sort of optional - sometimes I throw a knife hand at their kneck, behind the ear or raise my knee into their solar plexus.

1b) I never ever ever move in close range to a smaller person. They have immense leverage and can make you eat the ground if they can roll you over them. Its freaky. Once I saw a 5 year old beat down a 9 year old using his leverage. whoa

This isn't a part of my technique, but this is something I learned that I thought was pretty cool. It requires split second reaction. When someone punches toward your midsection, with their arm almost full extended, you punch their knuckles. The conflicting forces will feedback through their arm and either break their upper arm or their pectoral girdle ( collar bone ). But obviously this is only in real life situations. Your sparring partner wouldn't be too happy with you if you broke his arm like that.

MaFuYee
06-15-2000, 08:15 PM

[This message has been edited by MaFuYee (edited 06-23-2000).]

nospam
06-15-2000, 10:16 PM
I'm sorry, but you folks seem to always bring up these single 'devistating' strikes. I have to question your experience and/or advice when comments liek these are made.

I am all for strong individual technique, and sometimes things might playout where the opponent drops- it has actually happened to me on several occasions..not on me /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But it strikes me as naive whenever I read these responses.

My favourite technique? Although I see myself as being a dynamic fighter, I can be seen executing a shoot load of leopard strikes to either the solar plexus or throat. I am from (most commonly known name) Buck Sing Choy Lee Fut, where this technique is emphasized muchly.

mantis108
06-15-2000, 11:36 PM
Hi all,

Good going guys. Bravo, Mafuyee, well said.

Peace to all

Mantis108

------------------
Contraria Sunt Complementa

Slater_E
06-15-2000, 11:51 PM
I'm thin and quick. I'm also pretty flexible. Long Armed too.
I like to back off and retreat till they 1.) spend lot's of energy, and 2.) make a mistake.
after they slip up I really really like any long arm motions. Crane arm movements, and shaolin long arm boxing stuff. long arm double punches are a personal favorite.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

------------------
"In a fight, there is no second place."

Slater_E
06-15-2000, 11:53 PM
btw......long arm double punches....they start all the way behind you and swing up into the oponenets chin, or if your low enough they go into his groin.
they can also be done side to side instead of up and down. this time you'd go for temples, nerves, neck...etc...

------------------

Slater_E
06-15-2000, 11:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nospam:
[B]I'm sorry, but you folks seem to always bring up these single 'devistating' strikes. I have to question your experience and/or advice when comments liek these are made.

...it strikes me as naive whenever I read these responses.[B]
[/quote]

you know nospam, I'm sure you could pull a really hard strike with your elbow to the face right? well what if you hit their temple just as hard instead of their cheek bone. the blow would be enough to crush the temple and kill your oponenet. also have you ever pushed on your throat a litte? notice how soft and painfu lit is. a nice leopards paw to teh throat will crush your windpipe. the lungs suck all teh blood down and you suffocate. also what about strikign teh neck--internal bleeding, the liver--internal bleeding, the heart--if hard enough it'll shock you inot a heart attack. it's not naieve to talk about single blows. all you do is find a weak point and go for it.
and not to be rude...but haven't you thought about this?
/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

------------------

YuenBaio
06-16-2000, 01:26 AM
I agree with slater on his comments -

Also, I have yet to see a contact spar last minutes upon minutes. The ones that I usually see are at the most 2 minutes long.

But one thing I don't agree with what Slater is thinking are all those moves. First of all, you have to get around the opponent's defenses before you can even reach near his temple or neck or kidneys. It is rarely in a battle that you can take out someone on the first move.

------------------
Yuen Lo

nospam
06-16-2000, 02:50 AM
I stand by what I've said. If ya disagree. Ya disagree.

06-16-2000, 10:07 PM
I don't really have a "favorite move" I think that would make me far too predictable! I do have a favorite mind-set: I'm not too tired or pre-occupied, I'm warmed up and have stretched out,and have gone through all my kuan, so I feel balanced. That's why Open mat days are my favorite, this is when I do my best too.

nospam
06-16-2000, 10:33 PM
tigerlilly,

It is good that you can achieve that mindset through martial arts, but are you saying you need to do all that to 'do your best'?

Just curious.

Kenji
06-17-2000, 03:34 PM
I think when nospam commented about these "single devastating" strikes, he's not questioning the damage that it would do but how useful is it in actual combat situation. Yes an elbow to the temple would be very deadly but its also very hard to actually land an elbow to the temple at such a precise location when the other person is also intent on hitting you.

06-17-2000, 09:45 PM
I said favorite mindset,nospam...No of course not.I think sometimes I'm a better fighter when I'm tired (less thinking and more action).

dooder
06-19-2000, 04:34 AM
I like the side kick a lot. If you really practice it you can hit very close or far and you can through it from lots of angles high or low with pushing or snapping power. I like leg kicks too. It seems like a lot of people don't know how to block them well. I always catch people with heel hooks to the head after I've faked with roundhouses to the head. I like cresent kicks high in close because people don't see them coming. I probably don't sound very southern with all my high kicking, but I have a diverse backround.

[This message has been edited by dooder (edited 06-19-2000).]

Ric Wu
06-19-2000, 06:33 AM
Swallows stomp against a right handed punch
block and grab the wrist on the inside with the right hand and at the same time grab the right shoulder of your opponet on the outside with the left hand then using the left leg cross kick to the opponets knee sliding the foot downward against the shin to the instep. FIVE FAMILY FIST

------------------

laughing tiger
06-21-2000, 01:08 PM
Cool posts. here are a few I like. Say, he throws a left (his right fist), blocking the center with your right palm, slip on the outside and grab his wrist or upper arm and pull him off balance. at the same time, step forward with your left foot, and deliver a left roundhouse to the temple...or if in tighter, to the nerve point behind his ear...either one, use a Pheonix Eye fist.
Another against the same punch is to block, again, with your right back of palm to the outside of his arm, slipping, at the same time coming forward with your left foot to the left side of him (in tight) staying low, and then suddenly twist up, clockwise with an uppercut to the jaw, using a leopard fist. :-)

laughing tiger
06-21-2000, 01:13 PM
it's used in Baguazhang, and I think my art may have got it from there.

06-21-2000, 05:15 PM
These are a few moves I've picked up.

Monkey Steals The Peach
Cobra Spitting.

Basically, you stab the poor guy in the eyes then grab his bollocks. Or vice versa.

Trust me guys, pull this two move combo off, and they WILL FALL.

Paul Skrypichayko
06-22-2000, 02:12 AM
Mantis steals the peach (tong long tao tow) is a poetic name given to more than one move. They also have monkey steals the peach, and I think some move about "stealing the flower" hehe.

In Fu Hok Seung Ying (tiger and crane form), there are only 3 or 4 tiger moves, Mang Fu Ha San (angry tiger descends mountain), Dan Fu Chut Dong (lone tiger exits cave), hungry tiger catches lamb, and one other one (cant remember the name right now).

Sup Ying Kuen (5 animals, 5 elements form) has a more colorful tiger section, with about 10 moves. They are all just repetitions of the 2 or 3 basic tiger moves.

Because of the huge similarities in fu hok and sup ying, many people just practice the extended tiger section in fu hok. It looks nice, makes sense, and makes it easier to avoid confusion between forms.

About magazines...I wouldnt believe everything you read. They may have 10% useful information with lots of crap, lots of self promotion, and lots of errors.

Sup Dok Sau are real techniques in southern shaolin, favorites of Wong Fei Hung.

Je Lei Sifu
06-22-2000, 03:20 AM
MaFuYee

Please stop talking about Hung Gar. It seems that you know nothing about it. And now you are trying to get free lessons on everyones favorite techniques so that you can either say you have learned it or have knowledge of it.

This is not the way to become a sifu. What every style you practice, continue to practice it. But if you want to learn the techniques of other styles then go to a master who is qualified to teach that style.

Goodness, and I though at one time, that you may have been a martial artist.

Once again I am sorry for thinking that of you.

Je Lei Sifu.

06-22-2000, 04:02 AM
I always thought that monkey's clibs trees, so when then want a fruit, wouldn't they in-fact reach down?

But, the truth of the matters is, I study Southern Mantis, and my post here was only intended as a light hearted joke.

Paul Skrypichayko
06-22-2000, 07:33 AM
Phu Le, hehehe, I guess it just shows you how confusing Chinese martial arts can be. This is only the tips of the iceberg, hehe.

tiet_que
06-22-2000, 10:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Je Lei Sifu:
MaFuYee

Please stop talking about Hung Gar. It seems that you know nothing about it. And now you are trying to get free lessons on everyones favorite techniques so that you can either say you have learned it or have knowledge of it.

Je Lei Sifu.[/quote]

I believe this is a open forum. What's wrong with him asking question? If you don't want to tell don't. If you don't want people asking question why bother joining this forum?? What's wrong with free lesson. Who says you have to pay for lessons?? Is Kung Fu only about paying for lessons???

Hmmmm I wonder...

06-22-2000, 11:18 PM
ma fu yee please start a topic with my user name id like to talk with you

Je Lei Sifu
06-23-2000, 03:40 AM
tiet_que

My statement was meant for MaFuYee and no one else.

I have no problem with anyone asking about technique or anything else. However Mr. MaFuYee knows exactly why I posted to him.

If I, in some way, offended you, that was not my intentions. And no martial arts is not about the money. But making judgement towards others is not the way a martial artist should behave.

But when Mr. MaFuYee made his statement, he allowed himself to be questioned on his knowledge and skill.

Brother Teit_Que, I have nothing against your comment or your person. And I do not have anything against MaFuYee. But by saying the things he said concerning my Si-gung, it made me question him.

Je Lei Sifu

Turiyan
07-09-2000, 05:22 AM
What kind of secrets? I'm an arms dealer..

No, not that export rsa encryption deal... I sell psychological weapons. Interested in japanese women? I have a sentence that will have them throwing themselves at you. I sell it to you for 5k USD...

Paul Skrypichayko
07-09-2000, 08:09 AM
hehehe, what's the secret Turiyan? Does it have anything to do with kung fu?