PDA

View Full Version : Rattan Shields

DIVAKILLIA
06-16-2000, 10:54 PM
Does anybody know where I could get Rattan Shiels?

Self-Thinking Follower
06-18-2000, 09:46 AM
Rattan Shields for sale here http://www.wle.com/weapons_unusual.html

molum_jr
06-19-2000, 10:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Self-Thinking Follower:
Rattan Shields for sale here http://www.wle.com/weapons_unusual.html

[/quote]

The shields are handmade in Hong Kong, but you should examine them if possible. If the weave is not tight enough, then a tiger trident "can" pierce the shield. It happened to me and luckily the prongs were not sharp but I did get a slight scare and indentations on my foreare. The China products are crap and lo quality, but they sure look nice with the tiger art work.

The best rattan shields are made for the Hong Kong police, but are illegal or unavailable to the general public. They are strong and small enough to defend against daggers and chinese cleavers...

You have to ask what kind of use you have in mind... These shields will wear down eventually after use...

[This message has been edited by molum_jr (edited 06-20-2000).]

jut sow
06-19-2000, 07:31 PM
hey check out a compant called bejing imports.they are located in texas. there shields are much cheaper than wing lam's. i don't know the #, but its always in inside kf magazine.

DIVAKILLIA
06-20-2000, 02:31 AM
What I'm looking for has to be very sturdy. I'm going to use it for SCA combat, which uses rattan sticks as weapons & it's full contact.

molum_jr
06-20-2000, 03:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DIVAKILLIA:
What I'm looking for has to be very sturdy. I'm going to use it for SCA combat, which uses rattan sticks as weapons & it's full contact.[/quote]

These WL rattan shields would cover half your torso and would be too heavy for you then. Dang! Why are you posting your response on every forum?

DIVAKILLIA
06-20-2000, 05:50 AM
Because not everybody reads all of the forums.

molum_jr
06-20-2000, 11:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DIVAKILLIA:
Because not everybody reads all of the forums.[/quote]

Okay... but it still seems like spamming the forums...

[This message has been edited by molum_jr (edited 06-21-2000).]