PDA

View Full Version : Who taught Wing Chun to Randy Williams before he went to see Fong?

old jong
11-19-2002, 08:25 AM
Well,I guess he was not a virgin anymore at that time!...;)
(Just curious)

Rolling_Hand
11-19-2002, 09:16 AM
Old Jong,

Wake up and stop trolling.

How on earth, how in name of heaven and earth, you can actually become decent human beings without trying to entertain yourself from here to the next corner.

humm...

old jong
11-19-2002, 09:31 AM
Asking a simple and clear question is not trolling.

BiuJeeDawg
11-19-2002, 10:49 AM
OLD JONG!!! Why don't you do alittle RESEARCH?:confused:

joy chaudhuri
11-19-2002, 12:25 PM
Yau who was reading Fong's first book while working at China Doll Restaurant 120 miles away from Tucson and then visited Fong's school.

reneritchie
11-19-2002, 12:33 PM
Old Jong please stop trolling. Rolling Hand please stop stalking Old Jong. Yuanfen please stop fanning these threads.

old jong
11-19-2002, 12:41 PM
BiuJeeDawg.
I look at his website and all I see is pictures of him playing with those rings! My question is very simple: Who was his teacher before he meet Fong?....Is there something bad in this?....

old jong
11-19-2002, 12:48 PM
Rene
I'm just interrested in knowing where he comes from,thats all! If they can't or won't answer,well I will just forget about this.
BTW, Joy is my biggest fan as I am his!....;)

Geezer
11-19-2002, 01:45 PM
Old Jong Wrote>

Who was his teacher before he meet Fong?....

If you have a look at the link in the first paragraph he mentions three teachers, I would say the first name he mentions was his original teacher.

http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/wingchun/english/SIFURWintervieweng.htm

Maybe that will answer your question:confused:

old jong
11-19-2002, 01:53 PM
Thanks Geezer.

reneritchie
11-19-2002, 02:01 PM
Sifting through the veils of innuendo and half-statements, it seems some people are probing to see if someone's first teacher really had anything to teach, which is being countermatched by the other people probing to see if a fight was made up. Both probably already have answers they want to out, one, both, or neither could be correct, but in the meantime, it's still rather destructive to all involved and if it caused breakups in the past, not hard to imagine what it will cause in the present, and sadly, the future.

Tap Man
11-19-2002, 02:59 PM
I STILL SEE BOTH ISSUES AS THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK. IF THEY ARE SAYING GEORGE YAU DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING OR LEARN THE ENTIRE SYSTEM FROM AN ACCREDITED SOURCE, LET THEM SAY IT AND WE WILL RESPOND. WHEN THE WHOLE THING PLAYS OUT, YOU WILL SEE THAT BOTH ARGUMENTS WILL POINT BACK TO THE PERSON WHO STARTED THIS WHOLE MESS. THE TRUE "EMPEROR WITH NO CLOTHES" AS FONG'S BOYS LIKE TO ANALOGIZE.

Tap Man Out

BiuJeeDawg
11-19-2002, 04:21 PM
Joy,
You’re still fanning the coals from something in the past. Hmmm, smells like the poison of “Envy”! Instead of making a tasteless remark about Sifu Yau, how about addressing these points that TAPMAN requested from you???

1) RANDY WAS A STUDENT OF FONG'S AND HAS PLENTY OF VIDEO AND NEWSPAPER EVIDENCE TO BACK THAT STATEMENT UP. OR ARE YOU SAYING THE THINGS HE HAS ARE FORGERIES? PLEASE MAKE A CLEAR STATEMENT REGARDING YOUR POSITION ON THIS.

2) RANDY WAS CERTIFIED BY FONG IN 1988 TO TEACH FONG'S WING CHUN IN SINGAPORE. OR ARE YOU SAYING FONG DENIES EVER GIVING HIM THE CERTIFICATE?

3) RANDY PAID FOR WHAT HE GOT FROM FONG. OR ARE YOU SAYING FONG DID NOT ACCEPT ANY MONEY, TRIPS OR GIFTS FROM RANDY AT ANY TIME BETWEEN 1986 AND 1989 IN EXCHANGE FOR VIDEOS, BOOKS, SEMINARS AND PRIVATE TRAINING?

4) THE BOOKS WERE DONE WITH FONG'S FULL KNOWLEDGE AND HELP VIA TELEPHONE CRITIQUE AND ADDITIONS? OR ARE YOU SAYING FONG KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THE BOOKS AND THEIR PRODUCTION UNTIL THEY WERE DONE?

5) FONG KNEW FULL WELL THAT RANDY WAS TEACHING UNDER HIS NAME AND DONATING ALL THE PROCEEDS TO THE SPASTIC CHILDREN'S FOUNDATION UNDER THE NAME "FONG'S WING CHUN SINGAPORE". OR ARE YOU SAYING HE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THAT, AND DID NOT COMMENT ON THAT FACT ON SINGAPORE NATIONAL TELEVISION AND IN ITS OFFICIAL NEWSPAPER, THE STRAITS TIMES ON MAY 17, 1988, ALONG WITH THE "GOLDEN RIBBON BOXER" STORY?

5) FONG WENT IN TO IKF'S BURBANK OFFICES WITH RANDY IN 1986, SHOT PICS FOR AN ARTICLE AND MET WITH CURTIS WONG, INTRODUCING HIMSELF AND ALLOWING HIMSELF TO BE REFERRED TO AS RANDY'S SIFU. OR ARE YOU SAYING THAT NEVER HAPPENED?

6) FONG GAVE TELEVISION AND NEWSPAPER INTERVIEWS IN SINGAPORE CALLING RANDY ONE OF HIS TOP STUDENTS AND PRAISING HIS TEACHING AND CHARITY WORK IN SINGAPORE ON HIS BEHALF. OR ARE YOU SAYING HE DIDN'T GIVE THOSE INTERVIEWS AND SAY THOSE THINGS IN THE NEWSPAPER AND ON SBC TELEVISION IN MAY OF 1988?

7) RANDY HAS HOURS OF VIDEOTAPED INSTRUCTION FROM FONG IN LA AND SINGAPORE. OR ARE YOU SAYING THESE TAPES COULDN'T EXIST, BECAUSE RANDY NEVER HAD THOSE LESSONS BETWEEN 1986 AND 1989?

It interesting that you assume a different stance when you are directly challenged!

It’s very puzzling why Sifu Randy’s name comes up on the net. It would be beautiful if this would end some day!! But since it all stems from ENVY, it probably won’t. But the issues that TAP raises hold a unique position for those who claim other opinion of what took place in the past.

I would suggest that maybe those who are in disagreement anyone practicing Wing Chun to take a comprehensive look at the history of the art. There’s so much freedom for personal interpretation especially if you can make it work for you. This is what Sifu Randy has done with CRCA Wing Chun. But of course it’s my opinion and you know what they say about opinions!!!

;)

BiuJeeDawg
11-19-2002, 04:41 PM
Joy,
I have a question for you! Can you tell me anything about the "Golden Ribbon Boxer

TjD
11-19-2002, 04:56 PM
i refuse to read any sentance with more than one word in all capital letters. lately i havent been reading much on here :(

BiuJeeDawg
11-19-2002, 05:01 PM
Hey Joy,
Here's a thought for you on Sifu Randy's alleged plagiarizing Fong's books. I guess Sifu Randy must've left the Golden Ribbon story out of his books:D.

Rolling_Hand
11-19-2002, 06:19 PM
--Yau who was reading Fong's first book while working at China Doll Restaurant 120 miles away from Tucson and then visited Fong's school.--Yuanfen

------------------------------------------------------------
Yuanfen,

Why Yau?
What about Fong's own dummy history?
In order to rediscover yourself, you have to look back to where you come from. In this case, looking back to your own mind, to before Fong's own WCK history began.

Think of an instance when someone called you an angel.