PDA

View Full Version : How to strengthen ankles?

inic
11-19-2002, 01:11 PM
sorry for so many posts, but i havent been here in a while and these questions just build up

anyway, iwas thinking how ironic it is that our whole bodies are held up by two very small and fragile bones/muscles in the ankles.

i want to strengthen mine to the extreme. I've seen a lot of 'accident' videos of people broking bones and a lot of them were ankles/elbows
they scared me into wanting super strong ankles now :)

inic
11-20-2002, 01:00 PM
gonna have to explain that lotus thing again

Qi dup
11-20-2002, 05:36 PM
Full Lotus is when you see people sitting cross legged with both there feet on top.

Shadow Dragon
11-20-2002, 05:39 PM
I would go with the parallel horse stance, great for your MA too.

Cheers.

TkdWarrior
11-20-2002, 07:23 PM
half lotus:
cross legged postion, is such that when u fold ur legs, n anyone of ur foot(not ball of the foot but back of foot) touches ur anus n the other leg(foot) should rest on the first leg's thigh
full lotus :
is a position where both of ur foot are resting on other's thigh...
start with legs straigth, pick up ur foot(rite) by hand n put it on ur left thigh, now do it with other foot(left)...it's quite painful when u just start...
i'll advice u to start with half lotus to hav a feeling...i just hope someone can provide the figures...
-TkdWarrior-

Ford Prefect
11-21-2002, 09:29 AM
When I twisted my ankle so bad that all the ligaments connecting my foot and leg were torn off the top of my foot, the doc gave me a big rubber band. I had to tie it around a door hinge and flex my ankle in different directions using the band as resistance. It worked...

45degree fist
11-21-2002, 07:07 PM
Try Training your Hand Drills on a single foot at a time this will improve balance as well as ankle strength