PDA

View Full Version : Art I don't know about

dre
11-19-2002, 08:41 PM
" I-Liq Chuan"

I saw , quite by chance, a local teacher of this internal Chinese art. . . I've never heard of it before.

I humbly ask anyone here to enlighten me on it and it's origins, and also any personal experiences with it you may have had.

I've read a lot on the net about it. . but we all know how the net can give out bad info. So I'm asking you guys , I-Liq Chuan, how about it!

Shadow Dragon
11-19-2002, 08:55 PM
Hi.

Are you talking about

Yi Li Chuan

if so I can maybe put you in touch with one guy I know, he used to teach it at a Military base ovfer here.

He also occasionally posts on BOTH KFO & E-Budo.

Cheers.

dre
11-19-2002, 10:23 PM
http://www.iliqchuan.org/

Here's a web site that seems to be affiliated with the (previously unknown) teachers of this in my area.

One of them even teaches in a Monestary , I geuss they can't be that bad. . .

I really don't know about the spelling though, there are always about 20 ways to spell any Chinese phrase.

Shadow Dragon
11-19-2002, 10:32 PM
Hi dre.

Nope not "Yi Li Chuan", never heard of tht one before either.

Can't rally make much out from their side, so far what I read looks pretty much like Tai Chi with the mental aspect emphasized.

But than many "hidden" arts seem to be coming down from Wu-dang mountains and other places at the moment.

Will ask some contacts if they have heard about it.

Cheers.

dre
11-19-2002, 10:47 PM
Thanks a lot.

MonkeySlap Too
11-20-2002, 03:17 PM
I heard about a guy named Art, but i don't know him either.

rogue
11-20-2002, 04:08 PM
I don't know much about art, but I know good art when I see it.

TkdWarrior
11-20-2002, 07:41 PM
dre i hav a question when u met that local teacher why didn't u asked...anyways mate i hav heard about one guy with same name on MartialTalk.com..
-TkdWarrior-

dre
11-20-2002, 08:38 PM
what?