PDA

View Full Version : Internal clf

monk weed
11-19-2002, 08:56 PM
Reading some of the previous post on this forum the question of internal sets inside the clf system has come up. I find this a very interesting subject and would like to see what opinions and ideas are out there.
I Know in the line I follow the sets: 10 animal, snake, crane and buddha palm are considered internal sets. I don't know why yet but I hope to find out. As far as clf chi gong goes, I feel that any system that has roots in the shoalin temple will have some sort of chi gong exercise and I don't feel that it has to be particularly exclusive to clf. Some sifus could have learned chi gong somewhere else and added it to there curriculum. You could probably take any form and apply the proper beathing techniques and you have a chi gong set. What do you clf practitioners think out there? I have found that not many sifus Know the internal aspects of the clf system and some have supplemented it with tai chi, not that that is bad, so what I want to know is do the practitioners out there practice true clf internal sets, tai chi or both?
Thank you and peace to all my clf brothers and sisters.