PDA

View Full Version : need *short* butterfly swords

meltdawn
06-27-2000, 08:33 AM
12" blade. Funny how kung fu is chinese, chinese people are small, yet all the friggin' weapons I find are made for amazons! Argh! Help!

molum_jr
06-27-2000, 11:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by meltdawn:
12" blade. Funny how kung fu is chinese, chinese people are small, yet all the friggin' weapons I find are made for amazons! Argh! Help![/quote]

Most of those giant weaponry are for displays, but since they are so cheap (in price and quality) they seem to be everywhere.

Another place to check is Brendan Lai's martial arts store on Mission Street & 16th Street, San Francisco. He has a few direct connections to factories in mainland China. Most of the good stuff gets picked over by the regular sifu's in the area, but there are some hi-quality items that he'll offer to the regular public.

I am not sure if Wing Lam does any custom orders anymore. His pricing has approached several hundred dollars ceiling.

It will be difficult as most of the factories in China do not produce unless they get mega orders.

meltdawn
06-27-2000, 03:55 PM
Thanks, Molum.

Wing Lam's are indeed pricey. Any info on how I can get ahold of Brendan Lai?

Kung Lek
06-27-2000, 07:21 PM
Hi Meltdawn-

a little closer to home for you would be to check out "spirit martial arts supply"(calgary/winnipeg) they have the wu dip do you want.
I believe the have a website and you can definitely order via catalog.

I bought a set of these knives from them and they were only 79 dollars cad.

Good weight to them although they are not the sharpened combat wu dip do, they are excellent for forms practice and demonstration.

Kuen way martial arts supply in vancouver carries then also but i think they may be a little more expensive.
Peace

------------------
Kung Lek

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
06-27-2000, 08:53 PM
Meltdawn:

Here is a directory listing I found for Brendan Lai:

Brendan Lai's Supply Co.
2075 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 9411(USA)
Tel: (415) 626-8850
Fax: (415) 626-3410
Notes: one of the biggest sources in the U.S. for Chinese weapons. For instance, they carry several styles of the double knives, though not always in stock.

Hope this is helpfull!
Thanks!
Sandman[Wing Chun]

meltdawn
06-28-2000, 08:11 AM
Kung Lek:
"Closer to home"? LOLLOL! I live in FLORIDA!! Seriously though, can you give me any contact info?

Sand Man, thank you so much, I will call first thing in the morning.

Kung Lek
06-28-2000, 07:05 PM
Hi, Meltdawn, please excuse me, I was thinking of someone else.

nevertheless, canadian dollars for good equipment... ya can't get any better than that!
anyway, check out http://www.spiritmartialarts.com
I will find the vancouver address for kuen way supply and post it here later.

Peace

------------------
Kung Lek

Kung Lek
06-28-2000, 07:07 PM
Meltdawn, here is the page that has te info for your wu dip do set.

http://www.spiritmartialarts.com/Catalog/Martial_Arts_Weapons/martial_arts_weapons.html (http://www.spiritmartialarts.com/Catalog/Martial_Arts_Weapons/martial_arts_weapons.html)

El_CLap
06-28-2000, 10:00 PM
Hey guys, I'm a beginner in Wing Chun. I haven't started the knives yet. Do you actually do any weapons sparring? If so what type of knives do you use?

meltdawn
06-30-2000, 01:29 AM
Kung lek,

I went to the website and emailed the owner for more info. He called me this morning and I purchased EXACTLY what I'm looking for!

Thank you!

Kung Lek
07-01-2000, 09:12 PM
Meltdawn-

And so it begins.
I learned a wu dip do set from my Si Fu. It is from black tiger system.
There is pretty good weight to the knives so if the sets are long it can be pretty demanding.

Glad you got a hold of them (spirit ma supplies), they are a pretty good dealer of all sorts of things cma.

peace

------------------
Kung Lek

Highlander
07-05-2000, 08:39 PM
There is a pair for sale on Ebay with a 12 inch blade.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=371205556

meltdawn
07-06-2000, 07:42 AM
EEEEK! Don't go running off telling everybody!!! LOL

I just found them also and I'm holding my breath...