PDA

View Full Version : Internal CMA in Atlanta

Octavius
11-20-2002, 03:22 PM
Hi folks, any of you know of any good internal CMA teachers you can recommend in Atlanta, GA? Taiji, Bagua, Hsing-I, etc? It'll be great if you could also indicate whether the art is taught martially (preferred) or for health. Thanks.

Sam Wiley
11-23-2002, 03:30 PM
I teach Taiji, Bagua, and qigong just a short jaunt outside of Atlanta. If you're interested, drop me an e-mail at taiji_boxer@hotmail.com. I teach both the martial and the healing aspects.

stormmountain
12-15-2002, 06:58 PM
Hey Octavius, Sam is great guy, knowledgeable teacher.

Allen Carroll also teaches Xing Yi in Atlanta.
http://www.atlantamartialarts.com/country/china.htm
Try looking there.

Also There is me: http://www.westga.edu/~kungfu/

hairywhiteguy
01-06-2003, 11:41 AM
Hey, there is also Allen Pittman at : www.apittman.com
He teaches Gao Ba-Gua, Hsing-I, and Chen Tai Ji (short), plus he is starting a hatha yoga class, ect....
I just moved to Atlanta in August and Allen is a great teacher, but, to each his own.

O, and I forgot to mention Big Al. He is a different Al but this guy is awesome. He has done western boxing all his life and then took up hsing-I...I won't get 10 ft. near this guy.
(I don't know if thats the same guy as Allen Carrol)

John

stormmountain
01-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Yes, that sounds like him, I do believe he is a student of Mr. Pittman's.

hairywhiteguy
01-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Thats right he is or was...whatever, right? I just mentioned him because of his extensive western boxing background.

stormmountain, I'm guessing your Jay...what system of bagua have you studied and who from?

Sam, what about you?

I'm studing from allen Pittman and I can see so much in Gao and really like it but I'd like to learn some different approaches. Or at least discuss them.

stormmountain
01-07-2003, 03:19 PM
I know just a little Ba Gua, that I have learned from Wei Lun Huang of Miami. I don't even know what system or lineage it is off hand.