PDA

View Full Version : hopefully last thread concerning Fong/Williams

Patrick Gordon
11-21-2002, 12:30 AM
Hello all,

Sorry if you are all getting REAL tired of all this. I hope to put an end to it...if possible.

I will firstly say, I apologize for saying anything negative about Randy Williams for serveral reasons.

1. I was not present during to hear Sifu Fong's and sigung Ho's telephone call, so therefor I was using second or even third hand information.

2. I am not usually the type of person whom speaks poorly of others and am surprised I got sucked into it.

3. Sifu Fong teaches his students to NEVER speak poorly of other styles, families or person, etc. He would not condon such behaviour.

4. By speaking poorly, others may get a poor preception of Sifu Fong and his family. This would be a great misguided information regarding Sifu Fong and his family.

5. Whatever happened between Sifu Fong and Mr. Williams is their business and is long in the past. It is nice to know that the students of both instructors think so highly of their sifu. Be happy with what you have, I know I am.

6. There is no coversation regarding Randy Williams within Sifu's school, why should there be any here?

Endless bickering is in no way going to do any good for anybody. I to want to wish the best of luck to all Randy Williams people and great luck with their future endevours. I would also like to encourage other Fong people whom may be on this chat site to refrain from brickering with Mr. Williams students and do as Sifu Fong teaches, control your ego and don't speak poorly of others.

take care, sincerely,

patrick Gordon.

kj
11-21-2002, 03:22 AM
Nicely done, Patrick.
- kj

Tap Man
11-21-2002, 11:44 AM
Hello all,

Sorry if you are all getting REAL tired of all this. I hope to put an end to it...if possible.

I will firstly say, I apologize for saying anything negative about Randy Williams for serveral reasons.

1. I was not present during to hear Sifu Fong's and sigung Ho's telephone call, so therefor I was using second or even third hand information.

APOLOGY ACCEPTED. YOU YOURSELF ACKNOWLEDGED TO ME THAT WHEN YOU ASKED HO ABOUT RANDY, HE SUPPOSEDLY DIDN'T REMEMBER WHO RANDY EVEN WAS. SO YOU NEVER SHOULD HAVE TOLD THE RUMOR PART OF THE STORY WITHOUT ADDING THE FACT THAT YOU HAD HEARD IT DISPELLED STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH. GLAD YOU'VE NOW ADMITTED TO THAT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE IMPLICATIONS OF YOUR ACTIONS ON A WHOLE BUNCH OF PEOPLE.

2. I am not usually the type of person whom speaks poorly of others and am surprised I got sucked into it.

LET'S HOPE OTHERS LEARN FROM WHAT HAPPENED HERE. THIS ENTIRE FIASCO SHOULD BE A "GOLDEN" REMINDER TO OTHERS TO DO UNTO... WELL, YOU KNOW THE REST.

3. Sifu Fong teaches his students to NEVER speak poorly of other styles, families or person, etc. He would not condon such behaviour.

RANDY NEVER THOUGHT FONG WAS EVER ACTUALLY PERSONALLY BEHIND ANY OF THE ATTACKS MADE BY FONG STUDENTS OVER THE YEARS. THAT'S WHY HE BIT HIS TONGUE AND NEVER MADE CERTAIN PRIVATE DETAILS OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP AND SPLIT-UP PUBLIC FOR ALMOST 14 YEARS, EVEN THOUGH HE HAS BEEN TAUNTED REPEATEDLY BY FONG PEOPLE AND SOME OF THEIR FRIENDS ON OTHER NEWSGROUPS. ALL RANDY EVER WANTED WAS TO BE TREATED FAIRLY AND NOT CALLED A THIEF, LIAR OR PLAGIARIST IN A PUBLIC FORUM WHERE IT COULD PREJUDICE NEUTRAL PARTIES WHO MIGHT OTHERWISE JOIN RANDY'S CLASSES, OR BUY HIS BOOKS AND VIDEOS. THAT, BY THE WAY, IS A VERY GOOD DEFINITION OF THE WORD "LIBEL" AS WE HAVE USED IT ON THIS SITE. RANDY WAS MAKING HIS LIVING THROUGH MARTIAL ARTS BEFORE HE EVER MET FONG, AND WILL NOT BE DENIED HIS RIGHT TO DO SO AFTER HIS SEVERANCE WITH FONG.

4. By speaking poorly, others may get a poor preception of Sifu Fong and his family. This would be a great misguided information regarding Sifu Fong and his family.

AGREED. GLAD YOU GUYS HAVE FINALLY DECIDED TO KNOCK IT OFF. WE NEVER DID IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. EVEN IN OUR RESPONSES. ALL WE EVER DID WAS CALL ANYONE WITH ACCUSATIONS ON WHAT THEY SAID, AND ASKED THEM TO BACK IT UP. OF COURSE, I OCCASIONALLY ADDED SOME SPIN INTO MY RESPONSES, IN TRUE WING CHUN FASHION.

5. Whatever happened between Sifu Fong and Mr. Williams is their business and is long in the past. It is nice to know that the students of both instructors think so highly of their sifu. Be happy with what you have, I know I am.

AGREED. WE ARE HAPPY TOO. I KNOW RANDY REGRETS SPLITTING WITH FONG AND WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE PROMOTED FONG'S WING CHUN THROUGHOUT HIS VARIOUS CLUBS AROUND THE WORLD THE WAY HE DID IN SINGAPORE IN 1988/9. I REPEAT THAT ALL RANDY HAS EVER DONE IS SPOKEN EXTREMELY HIGHLY OF FONG IN HIS BOOKS, VIDEOS AND WHENEVER ASKED IN PUBLIC. AT HIS MANY SEMINARS, HE ALWAYS BEGINS WITH A MENTION OF FONG, AND HIS RESPECT FOR HIM DESPITE THE BEST EFFORTS OF SOME TO PUT THEM AT ODDS.

6. There is no coversation regarding Randy Williams within Sifu's school, why should there be any here?

AGREED. BUT YOU CAN'T VERY WELL HAVE EXPECTED US TO SIT QUIET. ESPECIALLY NOW THAT YOU'VE OBVIOUSLY TAKEN A GOOD LOOK AT THE FACTS AND EVIDENCE I'VE TRIED TO PRESENT IN A MEDIUM ACCEPTABLE TO THE KFO READERS THAT SHOW ALL OF THE ACCUSATIONS HURLED BY YOUR SIDE ARE TOTALLY WITHOUT MERIT.

LET'S JUST HOPE IT CAN STAY THIS WAY.

Endless bickering is in no way going to do any good for anybody. I to want to wish the best of luck to all Randy Williams people and great luck with their future endevours. I would also like to encourage other Fong people whom may be on this chat site to refrain from brickering with Mr. Williams students and do as Sifu Fong teaches, control your ego and don't speak poorly of others.

AGAIN, APOLOGY ACCEPTED FOR YOUR ERROR, BUT I DO NOT ACCEDE THAT WE WERE EVER OUT OF LINE IN ANY WAY IN OUR DEFENSES OF OUR INSTRUCTOR AND, ABOVE ALL, OUR FRIEND.

take care, sincerely,

patrick Gordon.

ALL THE BEST,

MIKE TAPSCOTT, SPEAKING FOR THE CRCA