PDA

View Full Version : Who were Grandmaster Wei's 8 step mantis students?

phantom
11-22-2002, 08:09 AM
I already know of Sifu John Chang and Sifu Lin Chun Fu. Who are some other 8 step students of Grandmaster Wei's? Also, where do they teach? Thanks in advance.

count
11-22-2002, 09:25 AM
Master Su Yu Chang learned his 8 step from Wei Hsiao Tang. He teaches in New York. Here's a link. (http://www2.micro-net.com/~ycsu/mastersu.html)

Stacey
11-22-2002, 01:15 PM
There were lots of students. Many will tell you that time spent standing in the park equals knowlege, but Master Wei taught a few students abovee the rest.

There were some old students who learned quite a bit, but the ones who learned the most were Su Yu Tsang and Shyun Kwan Long. Su Yu Tsang focussed more interested in forms and has a wide knowlege of many praying mantis systems. Shyun Kwan Long did more of the fighting aspects (in his youth, he was often scolded for beating up people of other styles in challenge matches) He was the youngest of the bunch and so people were outwardly mad, but kind of proud of him at the same time. He focussed only on 8 step and as a result has more depth in the system. Both Su and Master Sun are the real deal when it comes to mantis. Both are worth whatever they charge. If your in a location where you can learn from either one, do it. If you talk to any of the real giants of praying mantis, they have nothing bad to say about anyone. Its their students and students students who adopt the "were better than you" attitude and come up with mental poison and gossip that helps no one become a better martial artist. I'm guilty of this as well, but now I'm learning more of the system and I think I'm beyond this nonsense now.

I'm not knocking anybody here. Master Wei ran a school, there were all kinds of students, some better, some worse, this isn't what I have been told by anyone person, but what I have peiced together by listening to many sides of the story.

Bottom line- Among giants, who cares who's taller...

www.8step.com

PaulLin
12-01-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Stacey
There were lots of students. Many will tell you that time spent standing in the park equals knowlege, but Master Wei taught a few students abovee the rest.

There were some old students who learned quite a bit, but the ones who learned the most were Su Yu Tsang and Shyun Kwan Long. Su Yu Tsang focussed more interested in forms and has a wide knowlege of many praying mantis systems. Shyun Kwan Long did more of the fighting aspects (in his youth, he was often scolded for beating up people of other styles in challenge matches) He was the youngest of the bunch and so people were outwardly mad, but kind of proud of him at the same time. He focussed only on 8 step and as a result has more depth in the system. Both Su and Master Sun are the real deal when it comes to mantis. Both are worth whatever they charge. If your in a location where you can learn from either one, do it. If you talk to any of the real giants of praying mantis, they have nothing bad to say about anyone. Its their students and students students who adopt the "were better than you" attitude and come up with mental poison and gossip that helps no one become a better martial artist. I'm guilty of this as well, but now I'm learning more of the system and I think I'm beyond this nonsense now.

I'm not knocking anybody here. Master Wei ran a school, there were all kinds of students, some better, some worse, this isn't what I have been told by anyone person, but what I have peiced together by listening to many sides of the story.

Bottom line- Among giants, who cares who's taller...

www.8step.com

If you can announce the original address of where your master Shyun lived in Taiwan, what school he attended, His father's name and business name, position(if he ever has any), the address that GM Wei lived in Taiwan, the proper name of the competitions Shyun claim that he won and where it was located. Then I maybe believe what you have said. Oh, and don't tell me all that memories are lost in the fire too.

By the way, nice smoky talks and try to disguise as high MA master will never give any real thing. Show me the real things, that is the buttom line. If you give out some form learned form Su (in which Su has mixed up his other styles of mantis and forget how the 8 steps supposed to be, he has mostly 7* instead), some stealen Shuai Chaio, some observation of China ShaoLin teaching method, some Wushu moves added. I would say people better to go learn form where the sources really are, much cheaper and real too.

PaulLin
12-01-2002, 02:06 PM
And that fansy talk of yours is so gross.

Skarbromantis
12-01-2002, 02:26 PM
Paul you know Stacy was just trying to get you going, he/she knew you would respond, don’t fall for the troll games, this one was way too obvious.

Skard1

Stacey
12-01-2002, 06:06 PM
Paul, how can you be so bitter? I wasn't trying to dissrespect anyone. I have heard nothing but respect from my Sifu about Lin Chin Fu. There is no need for this. There is no place for it.

If I have been venomous in the past, please forgive me. I forget that there are humans on the other side of this. I was confused, if I have hurt you or your ego, I am sorry. That wasn't wise of me. In doing so I've cursed myself. Please forgive me, hatred will only continue without forgiveness.

It is my perception (and only mine) that you have some sort of competative hatred for anyone else that has knowlege of 8 step praying mantis, especially if they have a name and following.

Your true worth has nothing to do with kung fu. Kung fu is only something you have...like a car or a house. It is not who you are.

Try to see yourself from time to time as god does. He knows your true royal nature. At times when I meditate, I can see that too, and now it becomes manifest.

We can all do better, I have began by loving myself and all creation and asking for your forgiveness. I don't care about what you have, only about what you are. For who you are, I will love you.

PaulLin
12-06-2002, 04:57 PM
Paul, how can you be so bitter? I wasn't trying to dissrespect anyone. I have heard nothing but respect from my Sifu about Lin Chin Fu. There is no need for this. There is no place for it.

If I have been venomous in the past, please forgive me. I forget that there are humans on the other side of this. I was confused, if I have hurt you or your ego, I am sorry. That wasn't wise of me. In doing so I've cursed myself. Please forgive me, hatred will only continue without forgiveness.

It is my perception (and only mine) that you have some sort of competative hatred for anyone else that has knowlege of 8 step praying mantis, especially if they have a name and following.

Your true worth has nothing to do with kung fu. Kung fu is only something you have...like a car or a house. It is not who you are.

Try to see yourself from time to time as god does. He knows your true royal nature. At times when I meditate, I can see that too, and now it becomes manifest.

We can all do better, I have began by loving myself and all creation and asking for your forgiveness. I don't care about what you have, only about what you are. For who you are, I will love you.

Oh no, that is now scarery rather than gross. I wouldn't be happy to know that some one who speak false has some thing to do with me. If you want to love some one, then tell the truth. The bottom line is---Where is the beef? Show me the reasonable proofs that I have been asking for all the time. If you can't, then you can keep on shifting topics and try to protrait yourself as generous high level fiction kung fu guy and who ever try to point out your lies to be ill-well.

Again, the bottom line is show the beef, or you are not qualified under GM Wei's teaching. And when ever you bring that qualification issue up, I will remind the readers that you can't support it with tracible proofs.

Why don't you go build some real reseme instead of playing tricks here?

Stacey
12-06-2002, 10:06 PM
Tricks? What for? What have I to win or lose? Nothing, both are equal.

what will you have won? Face? People to share your perception? These are all illusions. Reality is pure, all encompassing bliss. This is why I love you. This is why I don't care. I respect that you have a different perception than mine and I won't try to change yours. I love you as you are and I respect you enough not to try to change you.

Are you looking for evidence for you perception? I will help you. Master Sun doesn't know 8 step, your a grandmaster and wise practitioner of taoism and a model christian as well as the son of a a supreme living treasure who mastered 5 kung fu systems taught them all in their entirety to you. You could win all the UFC's if you want to, but are currently too busy. This is your perception. Maybe I don't see it that way, but you do and thats wonderfull. That is why God gave both of us senses, so we can both see for ourselves.

I can bite into a carrot and you can too. Maybe I will hate it and you will think its delicious. Is the carrot good or bad?

And secondly, does the carrot care?

PaulLin
12-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Tricks? What for? What have I to win or lose? Nothing, both are equal.

what will you have won? Face? People to share your perception? These are all illusions. Reality is pure, all encompassing bliss. This is why I love you. This is why I don't care. I respect that you have a different perception than mine and I won't try to change yours. I love you as you are and I respect you enough not to try to change you.

Are you looking for evidence for you perception? I will help you. Master Sun doesn't know 8 step, your a grandmaster and wise practitioner of taoism and a model christian as well as the son of a a supreme living treasure who mastered 5 kung fu systems taught them all in their entirety to you. You could win all the UFC's if you want to, but are currently too busy. This is your perception. Maybe I don't see it that way, but you do and thats wonderfull. That is why God gave both of us senses, so we can both see for ourselves.

I can bite into a carrot and you can too. Maybe I will hate it and you will think its delicious. Is the carrot good or bad?

And secondly, does the carrot care?

What your trick is to go around what will showed your lies and not answer them at all. So that you can keep on ripe-off the newbes on the martial arts who knows almost nothing. You sale fantisies only, no reality.

Again, no going around the questions, you can believe a GM that told you he won 5 contests and cannot tell you where and when they were hold, you can praise a GM who bluff about his rich family back ground and fake past but cannot come up with his old address and business in Taiwan and his master's address in Taipei. Even a fool would see that reality, if you are not fool, then you are evil. And that is why I want noting about your love, nothing to do with you at all.

Eating a carrot is like taking a class, some come out a class with learning the subject that was taught, some only learned how to cheat on tests and sleep with eyes open.

Got to remind you again, my father is the head deciple of GM Wei, by traditional rules, he has the right to determine who are in the system. Even ShiShu Su YiZhang, if my father sees it fit, he can kick him out of system too. I am talking about when Su learned his very first 8 steps foundations, my father has already finished 4th Zhaiyao. And when my father retired, guess who should have the right?

But we never like to use authority, we only use realities. That is show me the beef. No smoke screens around the real issues. GM Wei don't like to talk much nor fansy, neighter than all my father's masters. They have given all their life to train in their arts and no time to learn how to talk fansy. That is what makes them so incredible and outstanding.

Again, this is not just to you, since you can't represent your GM any ways. You have no authority in any of this. Tell some one with authority to show up here, if they dare to come out with any truth at all.

BeiTangLang
12-11-2002, 07:12 AM
K Children,.....enough. Back to the topics question & away from your politics of dancing.
Is there a list of persons qualified or not. If so,...list them. If not, say, "No there is not a formal listing" & end it.

PaulLin
12-11-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by BeiTangLang
K Children,.....enough. Back to the topics question & away from your politics of dancing.
Is there a list of persons qualified or not. If so,...list them. If not, say, "No there is not a formal listing" & end it.

I do not apreciate your saying of "children". It would be taken as an insult. There are no politics in my part. I am not in the kung fu business at all. My intension of what I have said is original, no other purpose. I don't agree with you labling my effort of telling the truth a "politics of dancing." And I have no interest in interfering other's business until they try to interfere other real GM Wei's students form teaching the real 8 step. That is the ill-well he lies about me would not be true since I didn't come out and talk about it when they first falsely claim thier lineage.

There are Wang Jie, and another late student of Gm Wei in taiwan( give you name when I dig it out). Su Yi Zhang also is a student of Gm Wei. according to my father, Wang Chiu Hsung ( the one who appeared on the book with my father in the demo) is one of the top. My father left Taiwan about 2 years before GM Wei passed away. There could be more new students came after my father left.

Most of GM Wei's students you can find their picture in his latest book in Chinese. Students who came later are not on that book.

The best way for me to rocognize a GM Wei's student is to see his/her moves.

Other than Su YiZhang, Zhang JiaHuang, Wu ErLi, I don't know any other students here in U.S. If you come up with some names, I can tell you what I know about the person in the aspect of GM Wei's 8 step students or ask my father about it.

BeiTangLang
12-11-2002, 09:25 PM
It was meant to be insulting. It was not aimed directly at you Paul Lin, but if you feel insulted by it, maybe you know deep inside yourself that you were a culprit even if I missed it.
Call it what you wish, but getting back to the discussion at hand without the he said/she said is what I'm after.
Thank you for doing so in your last post.
Best wishes,
BTL

MonkSanTe
12-12-2002, 11:12 AM
Bei Tang Lang, I understand that you are a moderator of this forum, and I understand what that entails. I do believe that referring to Mr. Lin as a Child is extremely disrespectful. To me, and many others, Mr. Lin represents honesty and integrity in the Chinese martial arts. He has been repeatedly mocked and insulted on this forum. I believe it is his right to defend himself and present his side of the story when needed.

BeiTangLang
12-12-2002, 01:04 PM
MonkSan te, what part of my message,"It was not aimed directly at you Paul Lin" did you miss? I was not directing my comment towards him.
Thank you for your post though.
If any of you feel I am doing as poor job or have something not pertaining to the threads topic you wish to discuss, please pm me to keep the threads on-track.
Thank you all for understanding.
Best Wishes,
~BTL

P.S.
My appologies to the list for speaking in such a manner to anyone. It was a bad day. Next time I will hadle the situation differently.
~BTL

PaulLin
12-13-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by BeiTangLang
MonkSan te, what part of my message,"It was not aimed directly at you Paul Lin" did you miss? I was not directing my comment towards him.
Thank you for your post though.
If any of you feel I am doing as poor job or have something not pertaining to the threads topic you wish to discuss, please pm me to keep the threads on-track.
Thank you all for understanding.
Best Wishes,
~BTL

P.S.
My appologies to the list for speaking in such a manner to anyone. It was a bad day. Next time I will hadle the situation differently.
~BTL

Maybe you didn't mean that, but if you use the word "children" instead of "Child", you certaintly did aim at me. At least to the readers, that well be what they will see. I am supposed here that you didn't mean to call me a child, so I will not taken it as an insult.

Keep up the good job.

PS.
If you means other wise, we will met at the top of the Rocky Mt. at sun set and duel until only one walk down the mountain:D

PaulLin
12-13-2002, 10:04 PM
The student I forgot his name in Taiwan is Tzou ShianFu. I don't know the official way of spelling Chinese with English, I just try to make it sound as close as possible.