PDA

View Full Version : Chen Tai Ji and Brake Falls

wiz cool c
11-24-2002, 09:28 AM
I was watching Master Ren Guang Yi's push hands tape and at the end they where sparring with throws. The guy Mr. Ren was sparring did a form of brake fall I am not familiar with. I was wondering if someone could tell me if it comes form the Chen style or if this individual has done anther style and incorperated the brake fall into his Tai Ji. The way it was done. He was thrown onto his back he landed with his left leg bent right leg strate. He was leaning twards his right side, his right arm strate to his right side with palm facing up. His left arm was bent twards his chest. He may have been on the ball of his left foot. I think I have seen this same technique used in Wu Shu or Drunken style? Is this brake fall tought to Chen stylist at any time?

Brad
11-24-2002, 05:58 PM
It's probably Ditang, a modern wushu falling style, and incorperated into just about every modern wushu curriculum. I'd imagine most wushu people in China have probably learned it at some point regardless of what style/system they practice. Good stuff :-)

wiz cool c
11-24-2002, 08:54 PM
sounds logical thanks.

Prairie
11-25-2002, 10:44 AM

looking_up
11-25-2002, 02:29 PM
Which tape is this? I know master Ren has forms videos and form applications videos...did you learn a lot from the tape?

Thanks

wiz cool c
11-25-2002, 11:02 PM
It is tape #2 push hands. It has the five levels of Chen push hands. Then it shows free form chin na from push hands then there is a form of sparring with throws. It is a great tape.

looking_up
12-02-2002, 12:19 PM
OK - I'll try to find it.

Thanks.