PDA

View Full Version : Jook Lum :

Shaolin Master
11-24-2002, 07:59 PM
I am currently residing in JiangXi Prov (KwangSai) and studying the two last rare arts of the province. ZiMen and YingMen.

Neither of these two styles resemble KwangSai Tonglong in any way. So how does the art arise with name?

I have also exchanged with those of MeiZhou,Guangdong and studied Zhu Jia, Li Jia and Xu Jia arts amongst others (rare Hakka arts). They are more akin to the art of Jook Lum TongLong.

Therefore may I ask how does the connection with KwangSai Province exist and is the art really originated from the area ? if so why does it not have features common to the arts found in KwangSai ?

Just a question of clarification

FIRE HAWK
11-24-2002, 11:08 PM
Is the Zhu Jia the same as the Chu gar Southern Mantis that is called Zhu Jia in Mandarine and Chu Gar Southern Mantis the Hong kong version of Chu Gar Southern mantis or is the Zhu Jia like Chuka Shaolin Phoenix Eye Fist wich is also called Chu Gar or Chuka or Zhu Jia in Mandarine ?There is two Chu Gars that go by the name Zhu Jia Chuka Shaolin Phoenix Eye Fist and the regular Chu Gar Southern mantis from Hong Kong and Mainland China that is similar to Chow Gar, Jook Lum , and Iron Ox Southern mantis .

FIRE HAWK
11-24-2002, 11:58 PM
You should read about this art that comes from KwangSai Province called Tith Ngau Pai Iron Buffalou style it has connections to Jook lum and the Grandmaster Lee Siem See here are the links
http://www.cyberkwoon.com/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forums&file=index&action=viewtopic&topic=5449&forum=3&36 http://www.cyberkwoon.com/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forums&file=index&action=viewtopic&topic=6968&forum=3&2

Shaolin Master
11-25-2002, 02:37 AM
The Zhu Jia I speak of is of Chinese Origin not that of Malaysia.

Firehawk, Thanks for those. The links are interesting but still do not answer the premise of the question. They provide substantiation for the Jook Lum story to be incorrect and that all Nam Tonglong is in essence Zhu Jia as a root.

Diamond Talons
11-25-2002, 06:02 PM
The hand's name was coined in the 1940s. More along the lines of the Hip Sing than a genuine TCMA designation.

mantidsquasher
11-27-2002, 05:00 AM
Heeyyy 'DT',

Go ask Boggey-Snot "Bong" Mantid-Babie,

He's da #1 Man-Tid in Jookie-Lumie, he's gonna squash RDH Mantid from Alabamie, an dat Mantid from Floridahhhh:D

NYC Chinatown at dawn , kanya jurst hear dem Mantid's sh*t der li'll green asesss

Dat Bongie, he knows everything, Man-Tid, everything bout dat Jookie-Lumie Pie:)

Diamond Talons
11-27-2002, 09:12 AM
Read several of bong's posts. Not interested in politics or rant, he's out.

MonkeySlap Too
11-27-2002, 02:05 PM
Shaolin Master - If you would, PM me, as I have an interest in Zi Men. I learned just a touch from a fellow over a decade ago, and would be interested in comparing notes.

atari
11-28-2002, 08:18 PM
I think Kwangsai jook lum tong long is a hakka (guest) art and is not supposed to be native of Kwangsai. Kwangsai being one of the main areas of hakka population. Its just like Waichow is in Guangdong but the hakka arts there does not resemble a "guangdong" art like Choy Lay Fut. Just a suggestion though, maybe you have already been to the hakka areas in Xiangxi and found that the arts there has no resemblence to the other hakka arts like zhujia.

Well, I can tell you that the my version of the kejia zhujia from meizhou has changed since it reached Indonesia. The body mechanics is the same but techniques has changed. For example instead of practising with the butterfly knives we practise with the parang (Indonesian machete like knive).

BearBear
11-30-2002, 05:28 AM
Hi Atari.

Can you tell me about the art which u study please?

Thanks

BearBear