PDA

View Full Version : exchanging kung fu instructional tapes

ezequiel
11-24-2002, 10:08 PM
hello

if anybody want to exchange instructional kung fu videotapes with me , please write me to

kungfuvideos@hotmail.com

i have hung gar , choy li fut , mantis , tiger claw , eagle claw , tournaments and others

Tainan Mantis
11-25-2002, 01:42 AM
Instructional tapes are what MA masters make to earn some money while sharing an aspect of their art.
We don't sell enough tapes to afford to enforce any intellectual copyrights.

How does this tape exchange benefit the people who put their time, energy and money into creating these tapes?

argentino
11-25-2002, 08:40 AM
Tainan,

I agree with your post, but to keep things in context I would like to make a comment.
This guy says he is from South America, a workers´salary is about US$ 100 / 150 down here.
The cost of a video tape (40 US$ plus 15 US $ shipping) would take a big chunk of a month salary from someone living down here.

Best regards

Fernando

yingching
11-25-2002, 11:26 AM
I shipped something (not a copy protected tape) to South America once in what i thought was an even exchange, it didn't turn out even though. I paid the shipping, confirmed that the person recieved it, and got nothing in return.
If the income in SA is what you said Argentino, I would hate to see someone pay to ship something here that would stiff them in the return...
I say save your $ and buy from legit businesses, and you will get what you pay for. Save your trading with your friends
Ying Ching
Don't take this the wrong way, it could happen with any one you meet and trade online with. This is just one example I'm sure of many that people were burned by others online....