PDA

View Full Version : Honisol

Arhat of Fury
11-25-2002, 04:43 PM
Anybody heard of this art(s). Its supposed to have combined many different arts.
Any thoughts or opinions?

AOF

joedoe
11-25-2002, 05:00 PM
Sounds like a hemmaroid cream :D

Arhat of Fury
11-25-2002, 05:30 PM
LOL
for when you get those shooting leg pains.:eek:

joedoe
11-25-2002, 05:32 PM
Shooting? Leg? So it is a grappling style? :D

Arhat of Fury
11-25-2002, 05:59 PM
Yes, I beleive they call it shootfighting(****fighting)

Former castleva
11-26-2002, 07:42 AM
Immediately reminds me of "hoshinsul" (spelling?) which basically means "self-defense" in korean.
It is possible that there is an entire style built on this,at least so I have read-a korean art.
Besides that,this term is used in korean arts when talking of defense techniques and you can also hear about "hoshinsul hapkido" style etc.

yenhoi
11-26-2002, 07:51 AM
former castleva's avatar is disturbing, I dont know why, it unnerves me.

Former castleva
11-26-2002, 11:52 AM
I´m sorry yenhoi.
I do not know if feng shui is applied in KFO,but healthy pets should be fine,while mean ones may bring sha chi-negative.
Welsh Corgi may offer disturbing bites if not raised well,besides that he/she will make a good friend. :)
Maybe it reflects something you are not comfortable with,it is good to surround oneself with beauty.
BTW,I like your avatar.It hypnotizes me in a way.
If you do have suggestions that you feel to be good,I´m open to them.
I hope my avatar won´t keep you away from reading my posts,if you tend to do so.

KC Elbows
11-26-2002, 12:09 PM
You try to pass that off as a simple welsch corgy, but isn't that a pembroke welsch corgy? And did you associate that legless wonder with beauty?

Actually, they are sweet dogs. However, beautiful? If by beautiful you mean 'like a sausage with ears' I agree.

Arhat of Fury
11-26-2002, 12:59 PM
FC,
I believe I spelt it wrong. here is the sight www.sdi-fremont.com
It is based on korean and japanese arts.
I was just curious if anyone has taken it or their thoughts on it.

AOF

Former castleva
11-26-2002, 01:37 PM
"You try to pass that off as a simple welsch corgy, but isn't that a pembroke welsch corgy? And did you associate that legless wonder with beauty?

Actually, they are sweet dogs. However, beautiful? If by beautiful you mean 'like a sausage with ears' I agree. "

KCE,
Opinions vary. :)
You are right,it is pembroke,as opposed to cardigan (I have actually mentioned this in one of my other posts as a gentle joke,I never thought it would raise such interest though.)
I did not directly associate this dog with beauty,even though I think it represents it pretty well along with others.
Might be a bit "legless",another reason to keep him fit.lol

Arhat of Fury,
-Tricky language,ain´t?-
I see.Seems like another translation of hoshinsol this art you mentioned.
I think it is included as one of less known arts in the great list of Korean MA,besides being an off-shoot style of a system like hapkido etc. as previously mentioned.
Not to say these ppl would have got it wrong.

KC Elbows
11-26-2002, 01:39 PM
Former C,

I'm just kidding. They're sweep dogs, about the kindest dog there is. My best friends has always owned exclusively pembrokes because of this. And yes, it is important to keep them fit.

FatherDog
11-26-2002, 01:41 PM
Mmmmmmm.... sausage with ears....

Former castleva
11-26-2002, 02:20 PM
KC,
lol.OK,I see.

FatherDog,
They have plenty of pork´s ears out for sale if you are interested,plenty of dogs love them.
They tend to be more clean where I live,or so they say...

:)