PDA

View Full Version : Online Guides ?

JaRmEz
11-26-2002, 11:24 AM
is there any online guides around that teach wing chun ? one with videos would be wikid. Its not that i cant be botherd to get real lessons because i already do but i cant afford more than 1 time a week and more to the point the lesson is only on 2 times a week i realy was wanting to use the online guide as a kind of addition to my lessons if anyone has any links or anything to say i would be greatfull

PQS
11-26-2002, 12:11 PM
I don't think there is much on line that can help you :( , you might try and arrange a deal with your teacher after you have been there for a while, he may be sympathetic as you are quite young.
Who is it you train with ?
Good Luck
Peter

yenhoi
11-26-2002, 12:31 PM
There once was a WCK flash animation thingie on this forum that was pretty neat.

Nothing you can really 'learn' from on the net, but you can 'learn' something:

www.wingchunkwoon.com

couple videos.

www.wingchunplanet.com

links!

www.wingchunkuen.com

much reading.

That will get you started young space ranger!

tparkerkfo
11-26-2002, 12:53 PM
Hi JaRmEz

unfortunatly there is little you can do. Keep up with your classes and practice what you learn. REALLY practice on the items your sifu deems are important. I would suggest finding a classmate that is interested in working out after class. Wing Chun is not limited to classwork. You can do well if you have a good training partner will to work with you outside of class. Then you get the details fixed in class.

There are several books around, none are all that great at really teaching any thing. Personally I like the Secret Techniques of Wing Chun vol I-III by Weakland. But the problem is most books will probably be some what different from what you do at your school, so it is easy to get confused.

Tom
________
BABE SHOWER (http://www.****tube.com/categories/196/shower/videos/1)

reneritchie
11-26-2002, 01:07 PM
This is interesting. Some martial artists (Royce Gracie) come to mind who offer types of online clubs that, for a cost, provide lessons via video over the net. What do people think of that type of modern teaching approach? Better/worse than video? Can interactive online instruction be far away? What would that be like? And maybe one day, Holo-Sifu??

Marshdrifter
11-26-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by reneritchie
This is interesting. Some martial artists (Royce Gracie) come to mind who offer types of online clubs that, for a cost, provide lessons via video over the net. What do people think of that type of modern teaching approach? Better/worse than video? Can interactive online instruction be far away? What would that be like? And maybe one day, Holo-Sifu??
Hi Rene,
I've been thinking about something sort of like this lately.
Perhaps, someone will eventually come out with some sort of
feed back device like the tennis instructor in Total Recall. It
could somehow scan the "student" and check the structure,
taking into account different body shapes. Of course, it wouldn't
necessarily teach anything in the range of sensitivity, but
technology will provide an answer. :D

[Censored]
11-26-2002, 05:15 PM
I've been thinking about something sort of like this lately.
Perhaps, someone will eventually come out with some sort of
feed back device like the tennis instructor in Total Recall. It
could somehow scan the "student" and check the structure,
taking into account different body shapes.

It could look directly at your bones...if you don't mind being irradiated. :)

Of course, it wouldn't necessarily teach anything in the range of sensitivity, but technology will provide an answer.

In fact, technology has already provided the answer for tactile feedback over wires. The problems are the prohibitive cost, and the lag introduced by data transmission.

quiet man
11-27-2002, 07:02 AM
My (friendly) online guide/advice to you would be: train dilligently, WITH REAL PEOPLE. Spend more time in your kwoon. Talk to your sifu. Have more than one sparring partners. You can't substitute TOUCH. No kind of jpg, gif, mpeg etc. can put your Taan Sau or Bong Sau to the ultimate test - whether it works or not.

danny james1
11-27-2002, 10:09 AM
www.wingchuninteractive.com/site.html is a good online guide for beginners.

JaRmEz
11-27-2002, 11:37 AM
WOW guys thanks alot that is great that flash site is just what i need because i found myself forgeting names and the parts of the forms :D and yes i have 2 wikid training partners they are here now and i have a lesson in an hour