PDA

View Full Version : Are there any body conditioning methods that do not cause bruising and swelling?

curious
07-13-2000, 04:36 AM
Is there any? Do they still require the use of dit da jow?

Paul Skrypichayko
07-13-2000, 09:25 AM
Yes, there are. I train with little or no side effects, and have achieved good results. I almost never use dit da jow, maybe once or twice per year.

So far in 3-4 years of training the method without dit da jow, I have achieved more than my friends who have used only dit da jow and rubbing. I have no bad side effects yet, but I guess I will know for sure by the time I'm 80 if it's really the best method. My sifu has been training this method for 43 years, and no side effects for him yet.

Hope that helps you out.

molum_jr
07-13-2000, 02:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Skrypichayko:
Yes, there are. I train with little or no side effects, and have achieved good results. I almost never use dit da jow, maybe once or twice per year.[/quote]

Besides the internal aspect of dit da jow, doesn't it also keep your outer skin from developing hard, semi-dead skin?

Paul Skrypichayko
07-13-2000, 10:55 PM
Yes, my skin is pretty healthy, no callouses or buildup of dead cells. It's soft, supple, and sensitive. My knuckles have thick enough skin that they dont rip when punching certain surfaces. My sifu is really against building up dead tissue and scar tissue, like Pan Qingfu, etc. Too many negatives with that, and it doesn't let you keep a low profile either.

The biggest benefit of the non-jow method is the training for the channels in your shoulder.

molum_jr
07-14-2000, 04:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Skrypichayko:
The biggest benefit of the non-jow method is the training for the channels in your shoulder.[/quote]

I have no idea what you are referring to concerning the correlation between iron palm and channels in your shoulder.

Paul Skrypichayko
07-14-2000, 10:39 PM
It's a simple, yet remarkable method. =)

curious
07-19-2000, 05:22 AM
Well, what is your method?

Paul Skrypichayko
07-19-2000, 08:00 AM
If you are interested, you'll have to come and learn.

curious
07-21-2000, 02:38 AM
Where do I have to come?

Paul Skrypichayko
07-21-2000, 03:27 AM
If you want to learn, my sifu and I are in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

my email is hung_ga @hotmail.com