PDA

View Full Version : Ykm Clips

fiercest tiger
12-01-2002, 02:30 PM
Hello for anyone interested ive added some more clips to my site on the phoenixe eye techniques.

http://www.yaukungmun.com.au/technique_workshop.htm

If you have any problems please let us know!

thanks
FT:)

Diamond Talons
12-03-2002, 08:11 AM
Very nice stuff FT. 2b could be deadly as you wrote & my question is would you switch right for left & left for right to make it so? For such a new style it appears to have common stuff with old frame Hakka Tong Long. Enjoyable & positive.

fiercest tiger
12-03-2002, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the comments, Now are you saying its not deadly because its the wrong hand?:) because if it was that would make top (yang) hand on top and left (yin) on bottom In relation to Dim ma Dim Yuet....! One is sealing the air on top , which will still do damage no matter what, but my question is why do you think the rear hand is used in this technique?:)

Also YKM is not a new style, its roots are from the Tang Dynasty, older then bak mei and hakka tong long.:) I do believe other systems have these types of punches!!

But i thank you for your honesty and hope you understand my questions?:)

Regards
FT

Diamond Talons
12-03-2002, 04:48 PM
So nice to see you consider your hand so very old FT & you take pains to rate it as older than Hakka Tong Long & for someone that old that you would know for certain you look good in your pictures. You want to discuss or play politics FT & you can contact bong for stupid stuff? In straight terms right hand out of right lead is long & strikes to hearts lower chambers on angle down & seals blood & stops heart beat for an instant & attention is drawn down. Strike with good power and the head snaps forward maybe a little bit & maybe a lot. Left hand is short & strikes to throat on upward angle cutting through the folding forward neck & seals air. First heart & then throat right afterwards. Just a personal matter & not a rule so I asked. Seal air or seal blood is good & seal both is sometimes fatal. Nicely done on the lower bridge work matching with hands.

fiercest tiger
12-03-2002, 06:02 PM
No politics here brother just picking your brain!:)

I respect all answers thats why ive put it up, and yes i do take critisism as well. Ok, about my hand, what u are seeing is the bak mei hands from ykm, not the internal art YKM. Sorry for the mis info, just letting you know about ykm internal art and its past......dont take it the wrong way mate.:) I really couldnt care if they are hakka or gwalo hands as long as they work. I now know that you have some high level knowlegde about your pressure pints and eneries and the hakka art u study, thank you for your knowledge!!:)

Yes, this technique done with full power will seal the air and stop the heart. If the strike to the throat doesnt seal the air then it will affect the heart due to the vagus nerve and main artery behind and in that cavity! The set up on the wrist is very important do you agree?

many thanks

Diamond Talons
12-03-2002, 07:08 PM
Okay FT no politics & that's good. Okay on what you say you show & that is your business & you are a good guy for showing your hand. More should do this so we can learn & grow & keep our stuff alive & I'll ask one of the young guys to do something like this too for our stuff. I don't rate my knowledge as high low or medium it just is what it is & same for my skill. Too much fighting for position is what I see in this thing so I don't do it. Thanks. Wrist could be important & then it can be not important. A few places get the job done if you are seeking end game & that is only how I look at it & not a rule. I don't see the neck as you do & if throat itself is missed then artery is struck & if artery is missed then muscle is split going front to back with misses. First 2 are end game & the 3rd is not so it goes seal air to seal blood to split muscle & flood if it is 3rd as head is froze for a moment. Personal and not a rule.

BearBear
12-03-2002, 08:00 PM
Hi.

This is a Question. i know will understand.

about when was yau kun mun founded? not origins perse but was basically formed and founded.

Also YKM is not a new style, its roots are from the Tang Dynasty, older then bak mei

I always had the idea that yau kun mun came from pak mei ...

btw great clips and great website.. actually i guess i better go read the history section of it now in detail

if you would like to yau kung mun info in another forums called "Southern Praying Mantis (and other arts) Forums.. i would appreciate your support
diamond talons - if u approve please support also and share your knowledge of hakka tong long
(cheap plug ;P)

http:tonglongforums.cjb.net
http://pub75.ezboard.com/bsouthernprayingmantiskungfu

fiercest tiger
12-03-2002, 09:08 PM
all depends on accuaracy i suppose and technique!!

anyway thanks again!

jon
12-04-2002, 01:45 AM
Great looking clips Garry :)
lol still you might have gone just a *little* overboard, dude attempts to push you and you start to shut down his vital functions.
Im just playing, techs looked great and the explanations where well done as well.
Just remind me never to push you when im fooling around:D

fiercest tiger
12-04-2002, 04:36 AM
LOL yeah it maybe alittle over kill, but i would rather be like this than too soft or kind on my Foe's.

HEHEHEHE! hope all is well mate!:)

Diamond Talons
12-04-2002, 04:53 AM
All depends on quality of foe I suppose.

fiercest tiger
12-04-2002, 02:56 PM
True, but what ever happens, happens!:)

Yum Cha
12-04-2002, 04:20 PM
Hey Diamond,
I like your attitude, thanks for your recent contributions.

YKM is the real thing, I would like to concur. I put in a few years with his Master too, he was a cornerstone of the Chinese Community in Sydney. FT's website is pretty informative.

And yes, he is as ugly as he looks on video, its not lense cruelty....

FT, you should do those videos with Travis, with Kyle, it looks like child abuse...<grin>

BTW, good work on the clips.

fiercest tiger
12-04-2002, 05:10 PM
I feel your love from here!:)

I'll using travis and some others for new clips to come.....lol they all hide when i ask does anyone want to get bashed for the clips?:confused: LOL

FT

Diamond Talons
12-04-2002, 07:06 PM
And I value your contributions Yum Cha & good that you were able to spend what time you wanted with the Sifu.

Lowlynobody
12-04-2002, 07:06 PM
........anyone want to get bashed for the clips?

*Runs screaming off into the distance....*

fiercest tiger
12-04-2002, 07:11 PM
hey, man of steel your next! You missed a great grading last night, he threw up and almost fainted!:)

When are you ready for a grading........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

:p

CLOUD ONE
12-04-2002, 07:17 PM
Well done F.t those clips are great.
BTW Yummy still needs you to correct him on a few things although he won't come in person.LOL
Probably his ego can't take it?

fiercest tiger
12-04-2002, 07:19 PM
Thanks mate, hows it all going with you? Long time no see on the KFO Foe Room!:D

merry xmas and happy new year mate.

FT

Yum Cha
12-04-2002, 07:42 PM
LOL - little stirrer....

Remember, I'm just a poor Kau La, Sak Choi donkey, not a Sifu like FT...<grin>

fiercest tiger
12-04-2002, 07:44 PM
yummy,

come give me a hug!! FT loves donkey!;)

MaFuYee
12-04-2002, 10:21 PM
hey gary,

i just took a look at you yin & yang hand page...

that technique you show is VERY simmilar to the application of karate's 'knife hand block'.

(are you familiar with the technique i am referring to?)

except on the back chop, against a right punch; your right hand is striking a point on the top of the forearm, while the left hand chops a point on the top of the wrist, before chopping forward to the side of the neck. (i don't recall the point designations, and i don't have my accupressure book handy.)

personally i don't really know if i completely buy into all the dim mak theories; how would you even test them, to know that they work? - i mean, don't you have to practice a lot to get the 'knack' of getting it consistently? (obvious logistic probs.)

besides, with things like strikes to the side of the neck; you can usually knock somone out with a good forarm shot to the side of the neck with no set up.

... and even if they do work as claimed...
how hard must it be to be that precise to hit such small targets that you can't even see?

- i'm not trying to be a ball buster, and i know that this has been re-hashed many times over in the past, on this forum, but hey... it's been relatively quiet for a while, no?

p.s. - love the accent!
nothing like hearing chinese terms with an aussie twang!

Lowlynobody
12-05-2002, 12:32 AM
hey, man of steel your next! You missed a great grading last night, he threw up and almost fainted!

I didn't realise it was on last night else I would have come. Bit tired from work Wednesday so I staid home and got some much needed sleep. Oh well, tomorrow night should be good. Looking forward to it.

When are you ready for a grading........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

When I can do my kicks right. They suck. And when you say so of course Sifu-ah :p

BearBear
12-05-2002, 01:33 AM
Teacher Garry

I just lifted a few pics from ur web site to put on the Southern Praying Mantis Forums - Photos - yau Kung Mun - Yau Kun Mun 1st teacher in oz section.

if u want remeoved please tell me.

Figure u'll see this qucikest in this forum so sorry for the side track note.

Thank You

BearBear

http://TongLongForums.cjb.net

Diamond Talons do u have any nan tong long pics u'd like to share? or websites?

thanks

David
12-05-2002, 03:55 AM
FT, great site, great southern shorthand :-)

Mafuyee, one way to become proficient in dimmak is through training the healing side. It builds up your strength, makes you very familiar with locations and methods whilst grounding you in recovery techniques for when you practice hard.

jon
12-05-2002, 04:04 AM
Seasons Greetings Garry :)

"LOL yeah it maybe alittle over kill, but i would rather be like this than too soft or kind on my Foe's."
* Can understand that compleatly, I would rather not be playing guessing games on the street either. As for being nice to my foes: Unfortunately i dont have the same level of compassion as my sifu. I personaly think if someone is going to try to hurt me im going to give them something to remember the occasion by.

"HEHEHEHE! hope all is well mate!"
* Ive been great, thanks for asking :)
Hope the school is going well, would be nice to come down again sometime if your not to busy over the silly season.

MaFuYee
Ill let Garry obviously answer his own questions, still just wanted to say.
Ive met Garry and he kindly demonstated a few basic applications on me. I hardly would think his hands rely on preasure points, more like an iceing on the cake. Point being if he hits you full force you would be lucky to get up. Being able to wreak havok with your nevous system is just a happy bonus.

Diamond Talons
12-05-2002, 06:09 AM
I asked the young guys to make a page for us BearBear & they might do it for pictures and stuff & I'm told it is not real fast & easy to do so I will wait & see what they do. Internet is great & leads the way to contacting others to get to know & share whatever people want to share. Exciting & good for new generation.

BearBear
12-05-2002, 07:09 AM
Diamond Talons!

Thanks!

Look Forward to ur the site!!

is any of it up yet? if so please tell me the url

thanks heaps

BearBear

Diamond Talons
12-05-2002, 07:27 AM
Just asked & no idea if & when.

JAZA
12-05-2002, 07:50 AM
Your sifu Garry looks a good teacher. Sometimes good martial artist aren't good teachers.

fiercest tiger
12-05-2002, 04:57 PM
Guys,
Thanks for all your kind words etc, ill answer mafu yee 1st.

Hello,

I dont believe that there is Dim Mak masters, im definetly not one, but its nice to know the breakdown of each move to a yin and yang or 5 element component and understanding whats going on behind the moves. Yes the neck will K'O you with the lightest tape but the set ups and attcking the energy on your opponent can make things alot easier for you if you where attacked. Now i wont just stand there and think sh!t ill hit this to cause that,No its all in your form, im just showing why it COULD work more effectively!!:)

And yes i have seen karate hand that is similar to that move you are correct.:)

Jaza,

thanks mate, what you say can be true.

David,

Thanks, and you are correct!:)

Bear Bear,

No probs , what is it for though?

Jon,

You are welcome at my school anytime mate!:) Your no stranger...

well thanks again i was expecting alot of criticism well some, daimond talons cant wait to see your site and yourself, looking forward for that...its good we can all share and see the differences and similarites.:)

happy holidays to u all

Sui
12-05-2002, 09:55 PM
well f.t i think your getting slow and soft in your old age buddy.lol
travs gonna kick your axx soon.dim mak or no dim mak tell him his feet are getting better but the bucket still awaits him.lol

i've got a question:what if the apponant knows mang-fu and turns the figuer of eight on you?sorry i'm i getting ahead on you bro?i guess i'll have to wait for next series of vid clips eh.ok i'll wait:rolleyes:

btw good to see that everything is working good,and ppl treat you as they should.

sui

fiercest tiger
12-05-2002, 11:22 PM
HAHAHAHA you tricky guy, which clips of the techniques so i can give you an answer?:) Remember all techniques can be countered and basically i would move accordingly without trying to be set up. Can you also explain the 8 FIGURE abit more as in technique?? Sorry ahhhhhhhh im a gwaloooooo!!

Travis, never know he may give you a run too bro?;)

Lots of fires here in sydney and outta control, all else is good thanks.

FT
O.G Original Gwalo:D

BearBear
12-05-2002, 11:31 PM
Hi F.T

just for a new forums ,,, yes ANOTHER one .. but we hope this one builds on the good points / combines with kung fu mag forums....

i put some pics of ur sifu who brought yau kun mun to Oz .. i like histories etc ... there is a forum for ya kun mun also .. etc .. justtrying to build up the site until people get interested in it...

And if you have an interesting discussion on this forum (kfMag) and it gets "gate crashed" by stupid moron trolls every few posts please take it over to the Southern Praying Mantis (and all arts) Forums ... which will attempt to HEAVILY Monitor posts and ban people so that some rational civilised discussion and debate can be done..

there's even a very own forum for trolls and morons to flame away in ... and NOT in the serious / fun discussion forums...

http://tonglongforums.cjb.net

Oh.. i see u have been there oredi.. thanks for the kid words. be interesting to see in 6 months times how it goes..

thank you

BearBear

BearBear
12-05-2002, 11:33 PM
Sui

Hi.

hey got any photos or clips of urself do kung fu i can see please?

thanks

BB

Sui
12-05-2002, 11:44 PM
bb of course i do i'll send the pics right away,its me in a grudge match with a w/c guy,guess who got hit alot and guess who laughed.

at the momenent i'm doing a vcd for f.t,it one mevement of every form of pak mei but no 5 eles as i know it doesn't consist in a physical form as such.lol but i may add abit of my fams tai chi if i feel he deserves it.;)

btw do you want a copy?if you do ask f.t but i don't think he'll send you one.lol

sui

Sui
12-05-2002, 11:49 PM
f.t don't tease everyone you know the figuer 8 that mang-fu teachers as in bagua.we talked about it on messenger,i think about a year ago.

yes gwai-lows are dumb but you are no spring chicken.lol

p.s trav without the bucket would bounce off meeeeee

Sui
12-05-2002, 11:56 PM
bb btw your forum rules are ecellent i laughed my pants off,strait to the point,just like you tong long guys.

i'm still laughing,thanks you've perked my day

sui

fiercest tiger
12-05-2002, 11:57 PM
This chicken has no taste left, i didnt get feed steriods!:eek:

But im delicous with giner and shallots!!!

BearBear
12-06-2002, 12:28 AM
bb btw your forum rules are ecellent

Thanks.. just show respect that ATM its basically just a rip directly from kung fu mags rules... when i get some time i'll redo some detailed original rules...

keke yeah to the point ...

where u sent the pictures?

re the vcd? gimme gimme :-)
BearBear

Diamond Talons
12-06-2002, 05:06 AM
You turn the figure 8 with your hand Sui?

Diamond Talons
12-06-2002, 11:51 AM
No answer so doesn't know or can't say. Poem about the hand posted anyways & I can say. First part is about person using 8 & second & third part about person going against the hand.

3 doors open to danger

6 ways lead to victory

3 ways to victory in my hand 3 ways to victory in his hand

The Last Master
12-06-2002, 01:51 PM
The style resembles SPM quite alot, in terms of fighting strategy. In the clips Sifu Garry mentions the use of what was called "Shock Power". This is a power that is also present in SPM practitioners also. These clips have definatly got me interested in the style. Nice site.

Diamond Talons
12-06-2002, 04:11 PM
And Lung Ying too. Hakka hand.

fiercest tiger
12-06-2002, 04:26 PM
Have you heard of the hakka unicorn system?

Diamond Talons
12-06-2002, 05:58 PM
Heard yes seen no. As the Hakka travel & settle different things stay or go & maybe the name of things that stay or go is the same as always & maybe it is not. So many flavors all in the same soup. Good that the world is kind & open to many things.

Sui
12-06-2002, 09:48 PM
it seems you are a student of the numerology school which i am not,makes sense?however numbers and humans are different?i am from a school of nature where calculations reside as less than insubstantial.
with the figuer 8,see that i do not write the number 8 which in my thoughts are different.so the hand maybe.but how far have you to be the mang-fu chut lim?
what it teachers me must be different to you without a doubt and i can only say"mind set"as we are not face to face.my appologies.

i persen can:

1.walkk the 8
2.twist the waist 8
3.turn the wrist 8
etc i hope you see

so mang-fu as the apponant?well f.t knows and maybe i and him can share it openly.not unless you would like to try?

sui

Diamond Talons
12-07-2002, 05:14 AM
Not numerology Sui but real places in the move of figure 8. 8 is eternal always coming & always going & I understand this thing & the many ways it shows. Still the poem holds true as a rule & not personal opinion & if we were face to face then you could feel the 3 doors that lead to danger being opened just before you were hit. Unless you are much better than me & then you would be skilled to close the danger doors & one of the ways to victory in my hand might be enough to beat your better skill & without face to face it is just talk. My point was for thought & not argument & if you don't think much of it it is okay & we stay away from politics of the way of my hand against the way of your hand since we can't prove anything with words & just think.

Sui
12-07-2002, 06:27 AM
its not that i don't think much of it,i think its foolish.

for one how do you know that i would not willingly open them for you,to enter your fears before you hit me?

i agree and explain i'm just showing how pak mie is your big brother as you tong long know no on how or what transform means.

oh but we can prove with philosophy,art of war.unless you are just a mere soldier who is ordered to do without question then it seems we cannot see the same level,let alone speak.but you are interesting never the less.

figuer 8 is what in chinese character.

can you not see that i do not argue?only to further ones experience with a different mind,such as yours.

respects
sui

Diamond Talons
12-07-2002, 09:42 AM
You speak as a child Sui & one with no true fighting experience. Your talk of letting me in says that you know nothing. You are paper fighter. No fears for me. No more talk with you Sui as you are not real kung fu man. You go talk with bong.

BearBear
12-07-2002, 10:39 AM
Wei Sui... where are the pic of u ,, u said u would send?

where did u send thme please...

thanks

BearBear

Sui
12-07-2002, 11:26 AM
hey don't be like that i didn't mean to offend you why do ppl like you always take it the wrong way its not my fault that 12345......is the way you learn.

have you never heard of a trap,when you think you've hit,whoops its to late.ok no talk your kung fu is sh!te don't blame others for your incompetance.

good bye but i won't ignore you.you tong long guys are so touchy no wonder when you come across pm guys you make foolish mistakes.

sorry bearbear i've been trying to send it by e-mail but i think that there is something wrong with either your e-mail or my computer.technology eh and its meant to help us.i'll keep trying so that you both know that i'm not just all talk.

btw remind me again why do i have to prove myself,where i've seen jack sh!te so to discuss from you guys?

sui

Sui
12-07-2002, 09:35 PM
now we can talk about the ykm clips now the politics of tong long has gone.

f.t i find that you are in a great position for any counter[first clips] as soon as you hit travs arm before anything else,and trav went diagonal back what would you do to counter that position?his left drops and circles clockwise to chim/chum your right phenix arm.
so what i am asking is how would you counter if he neutralised the positions?

hope its clear and i hope you are not offended.

cheers

sui

meltdawn
12-07-2002, 11:17 PM
Heh heh.

Hello, Snake in the Grass. Summoning your death, are you? No red shirts showed up for coffee any day in August. But cowards like you are content with internet notoriety. See? I'm nice to you, I help everyone remember so you can put in you pathetic two cents. Ah, I seem to have read you dispute your absentia. Do you feel big that Pak Mei and Lung Ying were waiting? Do you feel powerful that for one afternnoon, you were considered relevant by few members of the community to which you so desperately wish to belong?

Time to get out your dictionary. At least so you can make sure you spell the big words wrong.

"it seems you are a student of the numerology school which i am not"
NO? But I thought you were Hak Ga? Do you mean Mommie not tell you what 9128 mean? So sorry. You are really slipping in your play for sincerity.

"figuer 8 is what in chinese character."
PLEASE do better than that. How ****ing pathetic.

Learn to swim yet?

I'm back, dunna nunna nunna.

well, for tonight anyway. I have band camp in the morning.

CLOUD ONE
12-08-2002, 02:13 AM
Some one needs to take some deep breath meditation.
Or is it the time of month?

Trolls are always welcome to this thread it comes with the territory.

BearBear
12-08-2002, 03:08 AM
hihi Sui ..

i dun want you to prove nething ... I just wanna see ur pic .. Sui is infamous :P

i want to ur pic .. i asked .. u replied ... i do not get, i ask why, seems ur or my email is down you say.. what address u sending to?

i dunno what is wrong with the email ...
maybe u can post it here? or on the net?

Sui
12-08-2002, 06:43 AM
hahahahaha md so you decide to show up now please give me a hand i'm drowning in your blood.lol
i was there on both dates you wasn't,did your cr@p master not let you go?
its no wonder,he knows his kung fu is "lap sap"hahahahaaha your always good for a laugh.

figuer 8,you need all the help you can get with a teacher that cr@p.hahahahaa and don't pretend you know.lol

yes go to band camp where your teacher needs your help of getting that trumpet out his a$$.hahahahahaha

cloud she doesn't know how to meditate her si-fut is always trying to trick her.when its the time of the month she smells worse than bullsh!te of her si-fut,and he tells her to get out.hahahahahahahaha

bearbear,i'm still trying..........put it up here?no thanks i'm shy md might ask her to teach her but as you can see i'm her si-gung.lol
so,what you want is what you get you say?get me a ferrari will ya for christmas
i'm sending it to e-mail tonglongkuen this is you isn't it?

sui

meltdawn
12-08-2002, 07:49 AM
Md’s sigung… I am honored that the teacher’s teacher claims the student. Gee, I thought it was the other way around. And if you’re my sigung and you think my kung fu’s shet, why claim me? Or do you mean this in a condescending way? So you want me to obey you? When you balls finally drop, look me up. Then we’ll talk. Since that’s all you can do anyway.

Complaining about smells? Wow, you’re definitely not Hak Ga. I would think your si fut would smell worse than mine, given what’s stuck up it – your head.

Yes, post a picture here. I want to see what a faceless coward stray dog masterless lun yeung looks like. You think from one picture I’d want to come study from you? Study what, the art of mouth-****ing? Really now, that was a pretty bad attempt at an insult. I KNOW you can do better. Don’t you see that when you keep attacking my anatomy, you only prove you’re gay? Not that there’s anything wrong with that… Most men prefer my anatomy, but if you like to play with your own team, go for it. Where’s your buddy Cloud One? Oh, there he is, attached to your anus. I hope you guys are safe. A lot of nastiness around these days.

I’d like to send you a Ferrari for Christmas. Hmmm, where do you live again?
I’d like to congratulate your master on what a fine, upstanding citizen he produced? Hmmmm, who is he again?

Thought so.

BearBear
12-08-2002, 08:51 AM
Hey Sui.

Email may have been wrong..
try TongLongKune@Hotmail.com

anyone have historical, interesting etc pics of pak mei, ykm, tong long , any art email away :)

Thanks

Yum Cha
12-08-2002, 05:30 PM
Diamond,
I like that little poem. You know, a lot of you SPM guys have some interesting culture, and the similarities to Pak Mei are significant, but when it comes to some of the "lore" like the poems and the teaching, it always makes me think, does that apply the same way to my style, or? And the "?" is the fun of it all...

Without wishing to invade your privacy, can you give us a rough location? US? Aus? State? City? Whatever your comfortable with.

Melty,
Nice to see you. You had a look at FT's vids yet? He sent that boy back to Tenn, so maybe he'll make it down your way...

Hi Sui,
Wreaking havoc as usual. Oh, by the way, I got those pictures you sent, so its not your email that's down....<grin>.

You are right about the figure 8 technique being one possible counter, if I understand what you mean correctly, but any static demonstration opens itself to counter, and that is your lesson to take away, as much as the technique itself, right? Its inevitable. There's a web of permutations only limited one's own ability.

It becomes another figure 8 in itself bouncing from counter to counter-counter and on. And you so love to dance.... Isn't that what keeps us all interested? The love of the dance not the sequence of the steps? Dragon hunting?

Of course, I do know some techniques that have no counter, but if I showed you, I'd have to kill you....<laughing> Actually, perhaps I can send you a few pictures?

Diamond Talons
12-08-2002, 06:37 PM
Yes YC I too find the thinking to be fun. The poem is not words carved in stone & just as you say it is a thing to start thinking not cut it short. A prompt & not a conclusion. If 2 people of decent & about equal skill in PM & SPM got together & really tested their hands & then were honest about it the common would out number the different. Just my opinion, not a fact. East coast of America. Sorry about Sui & I don't understand this word play. It looks hateful & ugly to me so I will stay away from it.

Yum Cha
12-08-2002, 06:52 PM
I'm sure you are right about the similarities outnumbering the differences. The nice thing about differences is that they create perspective.

TaoBoy
12-08-2002, 09:49 PM
FT,

Nice clips.
I'm a big fan of the Pheonix Fist.

Now, who do I have to b!tch slap to get a reciprocal link from your site?

I'll be in Sydney from 03/01/03 -> 05/01/03. Wanna catch up and compare notes?

PM me if you wish.

Cheers,
Adam

BearBear
12-08-2002, 11:46 PM
Hi all...

this porlly belongs in a different thread .. but

how do u guys train, conditionand develop your phoenix eye fist .. speed, accuracy, power, tougneing, qi gong etc

what is this fist formation called in ur style eg. fanf-an choy, biu sao etc ...

I have starte this topic also in the southern mantis forums under training ideas exercisesm drills and exercies etc if you would prefer to post there...

I does anyone do a thumb knickle strike .. i've always been wary that you would just break/dislocate your thumb, except perhaps into neck.

Thanks for sharing

BearBear (TLK)

fiercest tiger
12-09-2002, 04:21 AM
sure, but my mother is going into hospital on the 18th so i dont know if or when i can get the time. call me on my modile 0414 563 886 or give me your number and we can chat!?:)

Bear Bear,

Hi, i was just featured issue of the warriors way magazine talking about the phoenix eye fist, conditioning and dummmy work etc.

later
Garry :)

Diamond Talons
12-09-2002, 04:49 AM
YC yes differences can create perspective if I understand what you mean by this word. Experiences also can create perspective.
All the differences & experiences in the world add up to nothing without the creator doing something with their knowledge of differences & memories of experiences.

BearBear
12-09-2002, 05:37 AM
Hi, i was just featured issue of the warriors way magazine talking about the phoenix eye fist, conditioning and dummmy work etc.

Doh!

what is warrior way magazine? is that the nz one? Is it Aust one?

i only know australiasian fighting arts - which i think dun exist anymore regretably and.. onli see blitz around.. besides the america ones...

wanna be super nice and mail me a photocopy if i send u a stamped self addess envelope? or email/ftp me a scan of it???????

if not and its an oz mag can u give me the postal address and i see if i can pic up a back copy ... sounds like good article to look at for my question!

thanks

BearBear

David
12-09-2002, 08:49 AM
And me, FT - I can't find WW on the WWW :-)

Is there an echo..?

-David

Sui
12-09-2002, 09:34 AM
md the ting you don't realise is that your si-fut is open to all from your website and ppl can see the true meldown that your si-fut has created.so thanks for sharing.lol

yum how are you i was hoping you'd shed some light to those in dark places.
i would hardly call that havoc,to put some-one like md in the true state of "the lung ying"she proclaims to learn .hahahahaha what a laugh.

so you got them great,sorry the heads are chopped off,i'm a faceless coward,or hadn't you noticed?

yes but the figuer 8 is not counter as such but a nutralisation of f.t position.why?because as stated he is in a very strong position an if you counter his counter counter would have me on the floor.so neutralise the position to make myself in a better position,if you get what i mean?

yes the dance,hahahaha how correct you are but i would expect nothing less with you have such great poetry.[your on to me]
but yes by all means send some pic[its only curtiouse]i would like to see your rhetoric from your poetry.i look foward to hearing from you.

""YC yes differences can create perspective if I understand what you mean by this word. Experiences also can create perspective.
All the differences & experiences in the world add up to nothing without the creator doing something with their knowledge of differences & memories of experiences.""------diamond talons

creator as in god?or the man with the idea?
there is always the persona to wich is not the man,"to be or not to be is the question"-------mel brooks:)

Diamond Talons
12-09-2002, 12:25 PM
Creator is man or woman & a gift from God given to no other creature on Earth. Counter for counter for ... is pen & paper kung fu & not real fighting if the foe is real & not some punching bag with legs & feet. I try one more time with you Sui because of E-mail that says to look past your foul mouth & bad attitude. If he proves wrong I ignore you. High ging from distance touch of the tips of relaxed fingers extended ends much of your sacred figure 8. No trap to spring no time to spring just get hit. Bridge like water going out or coming in like fire on first touch like metal on release of strike. Want an example of how much power in my use of this thing? Ask like a real person & I will tell you & then you honestly answer while thinking about the poem I gave to you & you tossed back in my face like a spoiled child being told no.

Kristoffer
12-09-2002, 01:33 PM
:)

fiercest tiger
12-09-2002, 02:35 PM
Good to see you guys getting along, love is grand isnt it?!:)

TaoBoy
12-09-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by fiercest tiger
sure, but my mother is going into hospital on the 18th so i dont know if or when i can get the time. call me on my modile 0414 563 886 or give me your number and we can chat!?:)

later
Garry :)

Hey Garry.
Your mobile number has been stored in my phone. I will call you closer to the time that I will be in Sydney.

Once again, my best wishes to your mother. Here's hoping for a swift recovery.

Cheers,
Adam

Yum Cha
12-09-2002, 11:57 PM
FT,
Sorry to hear about your mum, my best to her for a quick recovery.

Diamond,
Often we have chatted here about wandering lost, losing your way or needing a compass. You are right about the creator (of course). You see, I am a firm beliver that Kung Fu travels with the man, not with the style, with of course, due respect to all these wonderful styles we share. And what could a superior man do that would be the most judicious use of his experience and perspective?

Is your elemental experience from your style, or from outside studies?

"3 ways to victory in my hand 3 ways to victory in his hand" Can I see this as three doors I open for myself, or 3 doors he opens for me?

Sui
I understand what you mean by a neutralisation, it reminds me of the coiling of a dragon more than the attitude of a Tiger though, any comments?

Bear
Have you tried Fung Ahn choi push ups? Start slowly, working your way up.

fiercest tiger
12-10-2002, 01:07 AM
Sorry forgot to answer this one...

You can get Warriors Way mag from www.warriorswaymagazine.com

They are also looking for submissions to the mag, tell them i sent you.

(cheap plug) Look out for my iron palm article in the next issue!

Garry

Diamond Talons
12-10-2002, 07:32 AM
YC a superior man would live a moral upright life & pass on what he knows of such a life. Both to elements whatever I was taught I learned & whatever I learned I tested to make sure the learning was to be kept. Yes YC to 3 ways question & here is another part of the poem for you & it will make sense to you & I think you know this thing in some other words. 6 ways of the 4 words to the 4 winds & 3 paths are yin & 3 paths are yang & when the 6 ways are held in perfect balance all paths lead to victory.

Sui
12-10-2002, 10:02 AM
then where does destruction fit in?is this from god?

i right in my tone not in yours,and if you don't like then you should transform but i guess your great style doesn't allow you to.lol
you may ignore me?well golly,lol i must be careful.but the fact is i won't ignore you as i reconise that everyone has a voice in these forums.the beauty is in the variety of which we speak you only here to further your reaserch-there are many reasons why we are all here.to ignore only makes you ignorrant.

ykm clips is the title and we talk on questions raised on this subject,so we are not talking fighting which i guess we both know there is a difference between a pak mei fighter and a person studing pak mei.[eg]

who said i had a foul mouth and a bad attitute?whoever said that can kiss my axx and be my biotch.hahahahaha you'll never understand.lol guessed i proved him wrong you can ignore me now.lol

you can try try try to understand the figuer eight but your abilty to transfom is not touched yet give it time but i guess you bieng 52 is that time is running out but not really it can be touched in a moment.

its not as don't accept your theory with that basic poem its just that its foolish we all grow from that what is taught,don't we?so tobe a child that you have said no to,have you had much experience of this? if you have then your teaching methods lack the disapline of a true nature.

how are you yum?
yes i would say you are touching it.the fenix hands are indeed powerful so to counter it is a near imposibilty but you counter to do nothing[not strike back]don't worry its so that you are in a position where he can't strike you but you can strike him with contempt.remember the fenix is a symbol of rebirth,rising from its ashes.so the tiger can't overcome the mystike with its power.you should understand the dragon for you are tall,how do you oppose a shorter person[by kneeling?]
you see dt,how i treat yum cha,he has the ability to transform.

:) sui

Diamond Talons
12-10-2002, 10:22 AM
Wrong answer & wrong tone Sui & you write in the wind just like your mouthhand & I've been told of ignore button so you disappear & become nonexistence just like your hand & experience & skill you nasty little child. Ignore list works good & I never click [here] so Sui is disappeared & now plays in the gutter by himself.

meltdawn
12-10-2002, 11:32 AM
Sui, sui, bark bark bark.

"md the ting you don't realise is that your si-fut is open to all from your website"
Really?!? You mean it's public? And how many times have you viewed it today?

" and ppl can see the true meldown that your si-fut has created."
Oh yes, because still pictures always show true evidence of one's kung fu. Thank you for the admiration you've proven by studying my pictures so closely. But it creeps me out.

Your presumption in judging my kung fu at this point in my training and using the past-tense "created" would be like critisizing a painting when viewing the artist's mock up. However, your obvious lack of true depth of knowledge in ANY art moots my analogy. Oh, sorry, forgot to remind you to get out your ****shunery.

"so thanks for sharing.lol"
Tap tap to you, Ha Ha jai.

Hmm. You keep mentioning my si fut. Why does my pupe chute interest you so much? It's a poor attempt at reconciling your gender preference issues. Really, it's OK nowadays to stick to your own kind. In your case, I wish you would.

Thanks for the plug of my school's website.

Garry, I stayed in your thread because I know how much you enjoy this little reparte. :) Happy Holidays, and best to your mother.

fiercest tiger
12-10-2002, 03:05 PM
Interesting poem, making me think about your 3 yin and 3 yang are these considered doors or techniques? Also YKM Internal art has 3 CIRCLES AND 9 WINDS, INTERESTING !

THANKS
ft:)

fiercest tiger
12-10-2002, 03:08 PM
3 yin or 3 yang of the limbs tricky little poem!!!:):D

Diamond Talons
12-10-2002, 04:04 PM
You know this thing FT & perhaps in slightly different words & your offering the number 9 proves this thing. It is in the doing that kung fu lives & from what I have seen you do it well & are to be congratulated for your time & efforts in your hand. I will keep your Mother in my prayers & I have learned that God answers all prayers. Peace to you in this difficult time FT.

fiercest tiger
12-10-2002, 04:31 PM
Thanks for your support for my mother, much appreciated!:)

FT

Yum Cha
12-10-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Diamond Talons
YC a superior man would live a moral upright life & pass on what he knows of such a life.

Indeed.

Both to elements whatever I was taught I learned & whatever I learned I tested to make sure the learning was to be kept.

So I can understand it that your knowledge comes through the family, not through an external study of accupuncture and Taoist philosophy?

To be unfront, I am not taught elemental theory, perhaps due to language, perhaps due to the nature of my Sifu, but I am interested in it nevertheless. FT is quite knowledgable, and he is very generous, but your perspective is quite interesting, mind you, I'm perhaps a couple of steps slow in the uptake...

Yes YC to 3 ways question & here is another part of the poem for you & it will make sense to you & I think you know this thing in some other words. 6 ways of the 4 words to the 4 winds & 3 paths are yin & 3 paths are yang & when the 6 ways are held in perfect balance all paths lead to victory.

I'll have to think about that one a bit. 4 words are what puzzle me the most. Is this a translation, or English authored?

Melty

? Bark, bark, bark, bark ? LOL HEY! I'm a fan too!

Sui

With the Figure 8 against the Phoenix, it rolls out, it rolls in... And what happens if you sink in your claws? Elementally you could see water meeting fire, in the animals you would see a Dragon against a Snake? Or is it really a leopard against a snake? I don't look at it that way in my own mind, I only ever feel water stone (yang yin) tiger and leopard..

I am only tall against Chinese. I'm 5'11" in the old numbers. I have a weakness, funny you should pick it, in attacking against smaller. I use my size to rise above them and attack down. It is effective enough, except against someone really good and brave, who sneaks under me. I had this weakness exposed about two years ago by my old Si Hing and Sifu, and have been working to correct it. Its an psycological thing, as opposed to a style weakness. And yes, one of my practices has been dropping down to a knee and striking low then again as I rise up.

Diamond Talons
12-10-2002, 05:49 PM
Study? Hakka Tong Long is whole & it requires mind & body & spirit to get proper understanding & create real skill so yes study & what I was taught. I get away from those element words & say bridge is yin & goes where least resistence is found & it seeks never forces & through the center of foe. Fingers relaxed & extended make first touch & with touch begin to turn to yang & tan ging drives strike through touched part as yang is complete. Just an example & not fight by carved in stone saying. Okay for you? 4 words are no problem for you YC here I start them for you Swallow & it does not have to start with this I just picked it for no real reason.

Yum Cha
12-10-2002, 06:31 PM
DT, once you get away from the elemental metaphores, it all clears up for me, this is more the way I think.

4 words. Pretty obvious in retrospect, perhaps I'm just looking too deeply.

Thanks.

It seems so much of this is beyond the style, any style, it must be of the primordial stuff from whence these styles spring. And its meaning is likewise pegged to a space in time when people looked at things differently, can we say this? Thus my questions as to its manifestation in your style.

Diamond Talons
12-10-2002, 06:58 PM
YC then these are the words used from now on. Deep? As the spiritual is to be found in the mundane deep is to be found in the obvious. Not fact just what I've learned to be true. Most excellent on primordial points yes I agree & that is one reason I stay away from politics. How people did look at a thing & how people will ever look at a thing is all within us here & now. What is learning? We rediscover those things we all ready knew but did not realize it to be so. No Sifu can pour his hand into any student no matter how empty his cup or how great the Sifu. I do not use the word style for the same reason as keeping out of politics it puts dark ugly clouds in the sky that is otherwise clear & open & beautiful. There are certain stuff that are constant & you can use the word style if you want. I know these certain things a certain way & how & what I make it is in me. Art.

Sui
12-11-2002, 01:06 AM
md once again you are victorious,and again i'm at your merci.

yum figuer 8 WITH not against the phenix.how i see it is with parnership for i know how dangerouse the phenix is[that f.t shows in clips]a bagua guy of high level would see what i talk of but then f.t would change to shrink.any thoughts on this yum?

p.s one touch from that phenix and kansas is going bye bye.

sui

Sui
12-11-2002, 01:14 AM
"dark ugly clouds in the sky"

what is so bad about this?accept it as a part of nature not to control,there is beauty,even with "dark ugly clouds in the sky".

yin and yang in perfect harmony.

sui

fiercest tiger
12-11-2002, 03:20 AM
I know what you mean, straight out of tiger exits the forest!:)

:D FT

Melty,

I know you love asian guys and sui is asian, is there any chance i could get things going between you both?:)

sui,

What you think?:)

FT:D

BearBear
12-11-2002, 04:45 AM
FT the Match Maker?!?

:eek:

friday
12-11-2002, 04:46 AM
hi FT,

hows it going, sorry to hear about your mother hope it all goes well.

if your going to be busy i think i might pop in at your kwoon after new years. otherwise i'll be coming in next week on monday or wednesday. let me know whether thats cool with u or not. also what time u want me to come in. during the day or during the nite class?

is there parking nearby? i'll probably be driving over.

regards,

Friday

fiercest tiger
12-11-2002, 04:48 AM
Hey, i didnt know you liked melty, u jealous bro?:)

LOL
ok, bear wants a turn at you next melty!! :)

I know u like it melty;)

fiercest tiger
12-11-2002, 04:51 AM
Hey mate,

hope all is well? yes, give me a call my mother goes in on the 18th so, il be alittle busy or stressed so i cant say if ill be at the kwoon or not. Give me an email i will call you, just leave your number....:)

im getting ready to paint it just took off the mirrors and stuff, starting to clean it and re-paint it on friday with my healing clkinic in teh back for next year.

ill call u and catch up!:)

bye mate
Ft:)

BearBear
12-11-2002, 07:27 AM
*Jealous Look* ....

Aiiight! Lets Settle this wif Gong Sao!! *Fierce Look*

:X

bearbear

ps. i dunno ur family so i dun say b4 .. but martial art world is brothers and sisters.. so hope your mother get well soon. take care.

*salute*

CLOUD ONE
12-11-2002, 08:03 AM
F.t that's an excellent idea yin and Yang unite and there will be goodwill and peace to all men and women.

Just think Sui would learn the use of English and meltdawn the use of kung fu. LOL

How about it you guys, am I invited to the wedding?

meltdawn
12-11-2002, 11:57 AM
Well, it's a proven fact that when a date is set for Sui, he doesn't show.

Nice try, though! ;)

fiercest tiger
12-11-2002, 02:05 PM
HAHAHAHAHA Yeah imagine the wedding?!:eek: couldnt keep there hands off each other, poisionous snake of sui and melty's 5 horse returns to sui's bedroom form 2 man set.

hahaha sui sorry bro, but i had to say it would be a fanstic wedding. YKM will do the lion dance, cloud will do the monkjong, diamond will do the final san da to finish the cerimony!!? what do you say sui? oH I FORGOT THE DONKEY,YC can be the priest as he is BAAAAAAAK MEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIII he can join both of you together.

lol

bear bear,

yes, bro we are all brothers. Just dont take KFO too seriously if you know what i mean. There are some great people i have met here and speak to outside oif kfo and thats a good thing. Thanks for your kind words mate, i hope she heals and everything goes well for my mother too.:)

all the best to your pai and your family as well.

FT

TaoBoy
12-11-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by fiercest tiger
....with my healing clkinic in teh back for next year.

Hey FT, do you study TCM too? If so, we can discuss that in the future also. I am currently completing a Cert IV on the way to an Adv Dip in TCM.

Peace, Adam.

Diamond Talons
12-11-2002, 04:38 PM
FT MD & Sui married? I would be honored to do the san da & it would be Praying Mantis wedding with MD ripping of Sui's head at the conclusion & then everyone can see the truth of this thing & that is that Sui's head is empty like all else about him.

Yum Cha
12-11-2002, 05:30 PM
...and I now pronounce you Man and Wife, you may devour your husbands head...

...hey, that leaves Melty single again....<grin>

Diamond Talons
12-11-2002, 07:08 PM
And with a good life insurance policy taken out before wedding MD is in a position to do well. Fun aside I think that in real fight MD would hurt Sui bad & maybe kill him. Checked with some guys who know & her Sifu is real & doesn't matter what shows on web thing as opinion based on knowing what he's done for real & not public posing stuff. MD posts are rude & nasty as Sui's but with a cold undertone & that tells me she is committed to wiping him out given the chance. Lure trap kill. Just opinion & not fact. Red shirt never showed in August or any time & Sui is childish troll who knows when to do running dog & that is best thing he does besides running foul mouth. Wouldn't show for wedding either so we have a good party at his expense.

fiercest tiger
12-11-2002, 07:35 PM
No mate i dont do TCM, no time but learnt some Dit DA in hongkong with the grandmaster and i have the ykm formulas and know how to make etc for kung fu training, healing, health etc.

Im no doctor but its good to know alittle!:)

Yum Cha,

Meltys free, taoboy you have a girl? I forgot she only wants asian guys!!:rolleyes: hmmmm

Melty,

take what you can get love!?:) hahahaha

Sui,
You have a fan club here man!
:cool:

FT GWALO

Diamond Talons
12-12-2002, 07:03 AM
The Silly Sui Posts Nonsense Fan Club & now we need membership cards & a funny hat to wear & maybe t-shirts too. Give running dog running foul mouth Sui his own web thing too so disease of stupidity not spread out all over the place.

CLOUD ONE
12-12-2002, 07:50 AM
If sui riles people up with his nonsense then his kung fu must be good.
Just think getting to someones centre by a few words, what his actual physical self could do? IMO not fact!!!

Diamond Talons
12-12-2002, 09:14 AM
You flatter yourself Sui pretending as lonely cloud. Running dog and running foul mouth aren't kungs worth having & mocking not the same as riled.

Sui
12-12-2002, 11:12 AM
this is where you get wishy washy.if indeed then cloud would have the same ip address,there are programs out there which tell you what ip adresses are and where abouts in the world you are.i have mds and yours too,theres always gene ching to verify it?

md and i in a wedding,you wankolos,lol.all of you.i'm sure shes nice but getting her and me in the same room no way i'm scared of her,haven't you seen those pictures of her.lol.shes bigger than me not hieght but width ways especially her si-fut,ahhh her si-fut is more my type,he could do with a drilling might give a smile on his face.hahahahahahaha

cloud you know his center is exposed,how foolish he is.lol

Diamond Talons
12-12-2002, 12:01 PM
Ignore running dog & running foul mouth list works good & lonely cloud Sui is on it too with first Sui. So easy is this thing to not be bothered with childish nonsense & rude words by no skill & coward people.

CLOUD ONE
12-12-2002, 01:11 PM
Certainly sui, one of his 'danger doors' is wide open or maybe unhinged.

Number 8 or figure 8? You make your mind up!!!

Diamond Talons you come right out of a pantomine.
(wishy washy) LOL.

meltdawn
12-12-2002, 01:15 PM
Hi boys, yes, soon I will be eligible for real. Seems that kung fu and marriage sometimes don't mix.

Snake in the grass,
Do you forget that when you joined KFO, several of us were the admins? Do you forget we exposed your college IP with Cloud's?

How often you visit my school's website is recorded too.

You think have my IP? Wow, good for you. I wonder why, then, the only way you could attempt to damage me was a pathetic little attempt at a virus sent to my school's mail.

Bigger than you? Hahaha, thanks. Baby got back. Of course my sifu is more your type, you're gay. But the only way he'd turn his back to you would be after you're in the wheelchair, baby.

Now, I know that you CAN get hostile... even downright mean. Come on, you little poseur. Show us what you've got. Send me your headless pic others have (it must have been taken at the wedding). Now I wish I'd have accepted your offer of peace; that picture would be good for a laugh right about now. Nameless, masterless, and now headless stray dog. Come on, babeeeeeee, is that all you've got?

Oh, and i do prefer Asian men, but the only yellow in Sui is that streak down his back. Or that banana in his mouth. :D

So, where do you live?
Who is your master?

Thought so.

Sui
12-12-2002, 02:17 PM
md your the best one here.lol
don't you get tired beating me all the time?i don't think that you did.do a check now with gene ching and ask f.t,but whatever makes you secure?

its not that i'm g@y but instead he's more attracktive than you,he looks like a bankok chick boy and you look like a wrestler of course i would go for him over you.lol

well i'm glad you didn't because the last thing i want is for you to see my kung fu.its because its worse than your as it always has been.lol

you may prefer aisen men but they don't prefer you,so i guess rejection is all that you'll learn.poor little i mean huge md.

if i tell you where i lve do you promise not to drive a truck through my house?cause thats what you do for a living isn't?truck driver.hahahahaha

you loos you cry,you win you cry,lol **** theres no p[leasing you,give you a truck and your happy as larry.hahahahaha

hey,wishy washy,oh it doesn't matter you'll only ignore me,so:confused:

sui:) still smiling

Diamond Talons
12-12-2002, 03:04 PM
MD smokes Sui & lonely cloud Sui like a cheap cigar & nothing left but ashes for headless running dog & running foul mouth Sui coward with no skill. MD if you have Sui IP I would like to have it too & I will give it to some nice young guys in Hip Sing. They're not gay & they need to make reputation so Sui can be visited by them & show them his hand & they not take no for an answer. Young guys always eager to impress old men like me & I was that way too once so this is good.

Sui
12-12-2002, 11:27 PM
oh yes please do i could do with a thrashing but tell them not to hurt me to bad as their si-fu[you] can't.lol
so you aren't impressed when they drill your axx,nevermind you may get a big d!ck one day.lol

cya wishy washy,and stop going to those websites you sick old man!

sui:)