PDA

View Full Version : What are you best and worst at?

mun hung
12-02-2002, 01:04 AM
Almost everyone is blessed at doing something exeptionally well or quite possibly something they learned rather easily. There is also that troubled area that often takes a bit longer for us to grasp. Most are blessed at doing something good, while being poor at something else. What is it that you are good/best at, and bad/worst at?

My own?

good - pak sau

bad - timing while shifting the horse

Mr Punch
12-02-2002, 01:28 AM
best: wingchun kungfu.

worst: modesty/jokes on forums.

Mr Punch
12-02-2002, 01:30 AM
Oh OK...

best: fast and stable footwork including untelegraphed kicks.

worst: the yielding bong sau/punching with my left (dunno why, can't get the same snap whilst turning)...

yuanfen
12-02-2002, 07:13 AM
Best- wing chun- doing what is needed-not depending on any
specific technique,

Worst- pronouncing Indianapolis. It comes out different each time.

Ish
12-02-2002, 08:19 AM
Best: things just happening without me thinking about it when under pressure

Worst: Not tensing my shoulders during long periods of chi sao

kungfu cowboy
12-02-2002, 08:27 AM
BEST: Utilizing my robot arms for Good.

WORST: Woody Allen impressions.

Jaeson
12-02-2002, 10:37 AM
Best:I am the best at everything I do bad.

Worst:I am the worst at everything I do good.

Mckind13
12-02-2002, 11:10 AM
Jus caus' no one else has!

I am the best at what I do...

But what I do isn't very nice...

Snikt

A A
!!! > < !!!
-
;::;

wingchunalex
12-02-2002, 11:29 AM
best: learning new stuff, i pick things up quickly in wing chun and other arts. in terms of wing chun im pretty good with my jom gaun sau (high low gaun sau i think i've heard it called).

worst: timing the stepping to the side then stepping in with tan and lower palm strike from the dummy. also good root is hard for me to develope cause of a disability, but light footworks makes up for it.

Mr. Bao
12-02-2002, 11:49 PM
What I am good at, Hmmm? Well I think I am good at understanding the theories behind what my teacher is teaching.

What I am bad at, let me see? Well, I do have habits from my old wing chun training. THIS NO EXCUSE. I do take full responsiblity of my ability now and blame only myself. I have unnecessary tension in my upper body which effects my coordination and timming. Mentally, I am not i am not relax enough to cover my picture and just play kung fu. I have a problem of what bruce lee called, "body feel". I think I have to learn how to "feel" what is
right kind of energy and form instead of just mentally understanding it. My sihing, Simeon, made a good point in explaining that perceptual knowledge is a must! You may have conceptual understanding, but without perceptual knowledge your conceptual understanding is incomplete.

Well, to be honest, I am trying my best. Some of my juniors have progressed much faster than myself. I am always reminded when I see them doing things which I am trying to do. But I always think positive and I know I will get it in the end. I am a long term type of guy. I am humble of enough to admit my weaknesses and I am not too ashame to work for what I have now.

Bao