PDA

View Full Version : Home Strtegnth Training Machines

Taomonkey
12-02-2002, 09:51 AM
ANYONE SEEN THE WIEDER CROSSBOW, IT SEEMS LIKE A BOWFLEX KNOCKOFF, BUT AT ONLY $500. WHAT ARE THOUGHTS/EXPERIENCES ABOUT HOME MACHINES. BOW FLEX, SOLOFLEX, etc...
www.thecrossbow.com

IronFist
12-02-2002, 09:55 AM
No, it's a waste of money.

Next time use the training forum.

IronFist

Ford Prefect
12-02-2002, 10:52 AM
I concur.

Chang Style Novice
12-02-2002, 11:02 AM
All this money and technology, and still no-one's significantly improved on carrying buckets of water at arm's length while running uphill.

SevenStar
12-02-2002, 11:07 AM
1. Invest in some free weights and a bench
2. make your own training devices, like a pulley and a rock pole.
3. buy/borrow "Power to the People"
4. reap the benefits.
5. laugh at all of the suckers who bought things like crossbow and bowflex and didn't get half as strong as you did for a cheaper price.

SevenStar
12-02-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
All this money and technology, and still no-one's significantly improved on carrying buckets of water at arm's length while running uphill.

All of this money and technology is producing machines, which do too much of the work for you. What I'd like to see is a computerized free weight set - you set a barbell or dumbell to a certain weight, and it calibrates to that weight. That would save people like myself who have over 400 lbs of free weights ALOT of space.

Chang Style Novice
12-02-2002, 11:28 AM
Ironically, I think that a bucket of water may be real close to what you need there. A big tank full of some heavy fluid, a pump , a regulator valve, an ergonomically designed container for lifting...that's about it.

SevenStar
12-02-2002, 11:35 AM
Now we just need to patent and sell it :D

In defense of machines though, hammer strength and cybex have machines that promote stabilization by allowing more free range of movement, and not movement along one fixed plane. We have a few of these Cybex machines at my workplace's gym. I'd still rather use free weights though.

IronFist
12-02-2002, 11:52 AM
I forgot, also, in addition to using the training forum next time, also use the caps lock key next time. :D

IronFist

Taomonkey
12-02-2002, 03:46 PM
Are you some internet chat cronie who has nothing better than to beitch about meaningless dribble

"in addition to using the training forum next time, also use the caps lock key next time."

I posed a simple question, and got a dumb arsed answer from the first poster, whats wrong Buffy's plot line getting too complex for you so you have to get your jollies sacking up over 1900 meaningless and worthless post. get a life

and.......pull my finger:p

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-02-2002, 04:00 PM
simmer down b!tch.

you posed a dumb question and got a simple answer.

SevenStar
12-02-2002, 04:27 PM
you're griping at the one of the most informed guys here on the subject of fitness. he's just messing with you - take it down a thousand.
He gave you your answer - it's aa waste of money - and he's right. he also said to check the training forum - which you should have.

As for the caps, it's bad net manners - it's annoying.

Qi dup
12-02-2002, 04:33 PM
Ironfist said to use the training forum because that is where most of these conversations go down. There's a good chance it will just get pushed out of the way on the main forum. He was just trynig to help. you blew it man. Ironfirst could have given you a lot of good advice.

respectmankind
12-02-2002, 04:37 PM
yeah *****! represent!

Taomonkey
12-03-2002, 11:22 AM
"he's just messing with you - take it down a thousand"

Right back at you, i was just messin with IF,
Thought thats where you guys have taken this board.
as for the caps, yes i know, as I have been around before some of you were itches in your daddy's crotch, but I'm one handing it right now,
Broke my left hand last Sunday and my one finger typing style has yet to be perfected.
Being one handed sucks, and really limits what I can demo at class. Strictly solo bastone.

oh and by the way
http://www.whitetrash.nl/pmf/
pull my finger

Ford Prefect
12-03-2002, 11:45 AM
Let go of your anger. That only leads to the dark side of things.