PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Workout

SevenStar
12-02-2002, 02:37 PM
Today at lunch, I overhead some guys talking in the gym. They discussed a workout that will make all women want you and all men want to be you. Below are some notes I took:

Lift 4 days a week - 2 days upper and 2 days lower. One day should be heavy and the next should be light

on the heavy days - you focus on mass. Do 4 sets of 10 reps for every exercise.

on the light days, do 5 sets of 15 reps for each exercise.

When you do frountal raises, don't stop when your arm is parallel to the ground. Take it up until it's almost parallel with your neck.

you MUST do exercises that hit the TRIceps from all angles, that way you can work BOTH muscles in the tricep.

If you want a defined chest, you have to work your inner pecs. cable flies will give them definition; dumbell flies will give them mass.

PHILBERT
12-02-2002, 03:23 PM
Hey next time ya see them, ask them for some more information.

rubthebuddha
12-03-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by SevenStar
you MUST do exercises that hit the TRIceps from all angles, that way you can work BOTH muscles in the tricep.

doesn't tri mean three?

SevenStar
12-03-2002, 02:34 AM
that's part of what was so hilarious about it. I was doing deads while they were talking. I almost dropped the barbell trying to hold my laughter in, especially about the inner pec thing.

ElPietro
12-03-2002, 09:40 AM
The idea of two days heavy, two days light, upper/lower body isn't a bad way to train. If they woulda stfu at that point they may have known what they were talking about. You wouldn't be very strong with that routine, and also wouldn't be progressing very often in weight. It would probably get pretty boring coming to the gym and using pretty much the same weight all the time.

Ford Prefect
12-03-2002, 09:50 AM
That sounded like westside training at first with the split. Heh!

Qi dup
12-03-2002, 04:30 PM

If you want a defined chest, you have to work your inner pecs.

Your "Inner pecs?" I've never heard that one before. Maybe there talking about having a really deffined heart or lungs?

SevenStar
12-09-2002, 03:07 PM
I saw the dynmic duo again today. They were working chest and at one point began to discuss whether or not doing decline cable flies would benefit them any. A few minutes later, one of them says, "It's amazing how those movie stars get big in a few months when they have to, like tobey in spiderman, kurt russel, etc. I need to take some time and train with one of them so I can ge like that" his buddy says "If I had their kind of money, I wouldn't have to hire trainer to get big; I'd just work out about 5 hrs a day every day."

At that point, I could no longer hold my peace. I re racked my weight, looked over to them and said "You wanna know how to do that?" "yeah!" they replied, so I told them to do squats, bench presses and deads, heavyweight, etc. and they nodde their heads in affirmation then went back to doing cable flies. While I was there, they did 4 sets of cable crossovers, 4 of cable flies, 4 dumbell flies - and who knows what they did before I got there. I know at least bench and incline becnh

Qi dup
12-09-2002, 06:41 PM
, "It's amazing how those movie stars get big in a few months when they have to, like tobey in spiderman, kurt russel, etc.

Toby in spiderman? that's big these days? Sweet!

SevenStar
12-09-2002, 07:43 PM
lol, not quite, but he made a tremendous muscle increase. It took 6 months to get him the way he looked in the mirror scene after getting bit by the spider.

PHILBERT
12-09-2002, 10:36 PM
****, I'd love to be that muscular. Im too **** scrawny, yet Im so blasted strong for my size its scary.

Qi dup
12-09-2002, 10:51 PM
Well, one thing to be said abot these guys, is at least there at the gym. You've seen them there twice, so I give them credit for that. They could just be sitting at home after doing '8 minute abs' drinking a coke and thinking, "Only a few more days of this, and i'll be big just like spider-man. I am all that is man!" If they spend time at the right gym and rememeber to leave there pride at home, they'll probably learn a thing or two.