PDA

View Full Version : FAO: Black And Blue

Dr Wu Sao
12-02-2002, 02:44 PM
Hi Black And Blue,

Have you got any tips on incorporating your training into your everyday life?
I've got a friend called Stafford who trains at Kamon. He says that to improve his leg strength and structure he stands in Yee Chang Kim Ma whenever he can, even when he's going to the toilet!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

The Doc. :rolleyes:

S.Teebas
12-02-2002, 11:09 PM
He says that to improve his leg strength and structure he stands in Yee Chang Kim Ma whenever he can, even when he's going to the toilet!

That's too much information.

black and blue
12-04-2002, 05:50 AM
Fella - haven't heard from you in a while!!!

I'd almost forgotten about the Stafford experience... made me laugh so much I almost wet my.... well, anyway.

Good to see you've found this forum - there's some really good advise and discussion, and a little monkey business too.

When are you back to the heady world of Kamon??? Did you ever find a place in Manchester?

Sorry to hear you can't make it back for Mr Li's next week. Good food and the two mad Hemmings (Lemmings?). So, what's the story???

Dunc

Mr Punch
12-04-2002, 08:02 AM
Wing chun in daily life:

always keep two medium hen's eggs next to your bed, so when you pop out butt-nekkid for a pee in the middle of the night you can get in stance with one of them grasped between your knees, holding the other between your cheeks. If either of them break, you're doing something wrong.

The ways are myriad.

Manchester? Have you tried Billy Davidson? Sam Kwok's not that far either. Just don't mention the eggs.

dezhen2001
12-04-2002, 11:56 AM
Michael Tse teacher in Manchester as well ;) lol

dawood

Dr Wu Sao
12-04-2002, 01:21 PM
Hi Dunc,

Not been training since i've been in Manchester so i'm going to be extremely rusty when I come back at the beginning of March. Really looking foward to it though.

I have actually been emailing you but you never told me you'd changed your email address so i've been sending it to the wrong place. I thought you were ignoring me!!!

You must be well into your Chi Sao by now, i'm gonna need some extra training from yourself and Terry when I come back. Do you still train at the hall some Sundays? I think some private lessons from Bill are going to be needed. Having said that, i'm moving in with Dean when I come back so i'm sure he can bring me up to speed.

Are you going for green this month, or is it a bit soon? I understand Si has been going to Horsham every week and will be taking his yellow 2 grading. He's been very kind and invited me to Christmas dinner with him as I won't be able to come back home.

Anyway, now i've got your correct email i'll be in touch.

The Doc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the recommendations Mat & dezhen. I actually went to look at Billy Davidson's class when I first came to Manchester but it wasn't for me.:eek:

black and blue
12-05-2002, 02:49 AM
Well Doc, all is well on the Wing Chun front... but my Chi Sau has hit a bit of a slump... can't seem to progress to that next level, I think this is due to training three times a week... there's four days of no Chi Sau! :(

Won't grade this December, it's a little early - still working on Chum Kiu (d@mn, that form rocks) :)

Glad you're back in touch, looking forward to March. The musketeer returns!

But here's the real pain in the Butt... there's a seminar this weekend... an intro to the dummy. Sifu says I can go (despite my lowly grade :) ) but I've got no spare money in the run up to Christmas. Arghhhhhhhhh :( :( :( Will have to miss it. Life is just one big Stafford.