PDA

View Full Version : Is the Tiger Crane Form its own style of Kung Fu ?

FIRE HAWK
12-02-2002, 11:12 PM
I have herd that the Tiger Crane form of Hung gar Kung fu is its own style is this correct ?

omarthefish
12-03-2002, 05:16 AM
No. It is not it's own style. It is one of the primary sets in Hung Gar and considered to many the most distinctive which is maybe where the confusion comes from. Some folks even refer to Hung Gar as 'Tiger-crane' style. My class shirt has a patch with the characters for tiger and for crane on it.

The set was said to have been created by Wong Feihung and is proabably the most famous set in the style. That is all.

fiercest tiger
12-03-2002, 02:43 PM
Hi mate,

hey can you give me an email?

Garry

cogg
12-03-2002, 04:01 PM
i study a style called Tiger-crane combination which was developed by Hung Ee Kan and his wife Tee Eng Choon (the district of Fukien province where the Tee family lived was 'Eng Choon'). Hung Ee Kan was a master of the tiger style and his wife a practicioner of the White crane style. They produced a style which combined the best of what each had to offer: the power of the tiger and the the soft, subtle technique of the crane. The tiger-crane combination was kept by the Tee family and was passed down generation to generation.

tparkerkfo
12-03-2002, 04:22 PM
Hello Cogg,

This sounds like Hung Hei Kwan of Hung Gar lineage. It would be interesting to see a different lineage do the same form, though I think we attribute the actual form to Wong Fei Hung. But he got the techniques from somewhere.

Is there any information on this style? Any websites or anything? Is this style taught openly or just to select persons? Is there any way of seeing any of the forms? Is it at all like Hung Gar?

Thanks and sorry for so many questions
Tom
________
Roll Blunts (http://howtorollablunt.net/)

dezhen2001
12-03-2002, 04:29 PM
cogg, r u in the UK? here theres a skill called 'nam yang' which also talks about a tiger/crane combination, but i dont know much about it apart form what i saw at demos and magazines etc. :)

dunno if its related to hung gar or not?

dawood

apeters28
12-03-2002, 04:52 PM
I study Li Jia Kung Fu, and we have a Tiger Crane set that is very similar to the Hung Gar set, but we don't attribute it to Wong Fei Hong.

cogg
12-04-2002, 12:43 PM
Dezhan, yes i am in the UK and i also train with Nam Yang pugilistic association. The association is based in Singapore, but is taught in London.

Tparkerkfo Hung Ee Kaan and Hung Hei Kwan are one and the same person, we attribute our lineage to him and not Wong Fei Hung.

Cant see any reason why i cant post the web address so check out: www.namyang.co.uk