PDA

View Full Version : sore elbows...

Qi dup
12-03-2002, 12:12 PM
I have been doing the routine Ironfirst set out for me with pull ups for a while now. I met me goal friday of 5x5 with 50 pounds on my back and the 5x5 without. I'm pretty happy with myself:) anyway last night I decided to switch to puting my palms out. It went very well, except my elbows were really sore afterwards. Even this moring they were still sore. I'm not sure if it's just an ajustment or not. has anyone else experianced this after changing up there routine?

IronFist
12-03-2002, 11:42 PM
Good job with the pullups.

I don't know about the pain thing. Did you use any extra weight when you switched to palms out? Hmmm...

Did you gain any size off of the 5x5 or not? J/w.

IronFist

Qi dup
12-04-2002, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the responce. I just got done with some more pull ups tonight and my elbows arn't as bad. It's actually just my left elbow this time. I was struggling a little and trying to be 'explosive' with my actions and I think I just put a little to much stress on my elbows. plus I think my left arm is probably stronger so I might have been pulling that way?

I'm really happy with the routine. I feel like i'm putting on size pretty well. I'm probably not growing as much as I could be, seeing as a usually box for half an hour everyday and then jog a mile or so. I'm also going to start doing weighted dips I think. This might sound strange, but my set up is gonig to go like this:

Monday: Dips 5x5 working up to 50 pound on each set and then 5x5 without

Tuesday: Legs

Wednesday: Pull ups 5x5 adding weight from 50 pounds and then 5x5 without

Friday: If I don't have game I will do the same as monday.

I want to do to days of dips so I can catch up to were I'm at with my pull ups sooner. I would apreciate any feedback either way. Thanks for all your help, I really apreciate it!