PDA

View Full Version : Any other Chinese arts very much like CLF?

WalkSoftly with BigStick
07-22-2000, 04:31 PM
I was wondering if there are any other arts which are very much like CLF which I could read about on this forum.
OR
Any sites out there which have technical info about CLF theory and techniques rather than a sell job for the school etc..
You know...passionate computer literate students.

Thanks for any help
All the best to you all!

Jimbo
07-22-2000, 10:58 PM
There are some systems that have some movements that, possibly at first glance, can look very similar to many CLF movements. Tibetan White Crane, (or Lama style) includes some circular punches/strikes similar to CLF's. Hung Ga does as well.

However, CLF, Lama, and Hung Ga are unique unto themselves, I train CLF but not the other systems I mentioned, so obviously I'm no expert on the other two. There are practitioners of Lama and Hung Ga on the forums that could better answer your questions on them.
Jim

07-24-2000, 11:27 AM
I'm told by my sifu all the time that he would like to see me learn Choy Li Fut because he says I naturally fight this style, though I am a Hung Gar/Hark Fu Moon stylist. I would like to see more of this style. the only CLF guy I've ever really seen is Adrian Paul on Highlander. I watched him do a hung gar broadsword kuan in one episode too