PDA

View Full Version : I'm pulling a Ryu

KC Elbows
12-04-2002, 09:39 AM
I'm gonna be gone for an extended period, so y'all have a wonderful X-Mas, Chanukkha, God is Dead Day, Kwanzaa, whatever you celebrate in denial of celebrating pagan solstice stuff.

I've been putting off writing some six elbows articles that I've been meaning to for a website, plus I've managed to scam some good projects at work that I've been fighting for for a while now. I've also got a lot of story submittals to work on finding homes for.

Anyway, I'm gonna post today, and then I'll be gone for a while.

Now, in keeping with the title.

See, the real reason I'm going is I was working with my grappling dummy the other day, working getting around and ground and pounding him, when one of my groupies came over. She was all freaked out because an ex boyfriend had been all abusive, and called her all sorts of awful things.:mad:

Well, as you know, I am now an advocate, as well as having a fully functional phase 1 instructorship through Paul Vunak. I've been working a lot of situational awareness drills, 2 on 1, groundwork vs. knife, learning to deal with the adrenaline dump.

Well, this got me madder than the skinhead post, which was just disturbing.:(

So, I told her she needed to come with me and the other groupies to the market this Friday, where we could get her some OC spray, maybe a tazer. I'm training her on situational awareness, you know, 2 on 1, groundwork vs. knife, learning to deal with the adrenaline dump. She's learning pretty quick.

[ring ring]

Hey everyone, it's bruce. He just called to say that bjj is superior. Thanks Bruce.

Anyway, gotta go. I'll stop by, but right now I have to take care of some things. You know, situational awareness training, 2 on 1, groundwork vs. knife, learning to deal with adrenaline dump and all.

:D

dnc101
12-04-2002, 09:57 AM
Personally, I'm just in denial of my own mortality.

If you post the website where your articles will appear, and the "home" addresses when you get your other articles published, I'm sure a lot of us would be interested in reading them.

Goodluck.

KC Elbows
12-04-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by dnc101
Personally, I'm just in denial of my own mortality.

If you post the website where your articles will appear, and the "home" addresses when you get your other articles published, I'm sure a lot of us would be interested in reading them.

Goodluck.

I'll let you know which stories are going to websites, at least the ones I think would be of interest to those here, when and if they get published.

fa_jing
12-04-2002, 11:51 AM
No denial here. Mortality is an ontological necessity. Besides which, the universe is literally expressing itself through us. Mortality is actually an honor.
For a human, at least.

crumble
12-04-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by fa_jing
Mortality is an ontological necessity. [...] Mortality is actually an honor. For a human, at least.

Fa-jing have you been out in the cold too long?

The only ontological necessity (if there is one?) is to exist. Mortality just means you get to have sex, that's all. Ask any evolutionary biologist.

:)

-crumble

p.s. I'm immortal because I'll never experience death. (I'll be dead when it happens!)

KC Elbows
12-04-2002, 12:12 PM
I didn't think leaving was that serious.:(

Kristoffer
12-04-2002, 12:26 PM
What does it feel like to be mortal? I can only imagine....

pffffft.. puny humans

dnc101
12-04-2002, 01:06 PM
to be mortal.

Well, Kristoffer, the sex part is great!

Merryprankster
12-04-2002, 01:12 PM
I figured you might KC. You see, Traditional Martial Artists really don't train for the rigors of the Ultimate Mouthboxing Championship the way us MMA (Mixed Mouth Artists) do. You were bound to get tired and lose eventually.

Seriously, I've enjoyed your posts and your sense of humor. You will actually be missed!

James

Aramus
12-04-2002, 01:18 PM
Peace, love, happiness (in denial and the rest of it), good luck, happy holidays.

PS. Kristoffer Sex is great, especially with someone else :)

fa_jing
12-04-2002, 01:18 PM
KC, I'm trolling your thread, philosophically. :D

I've come to realize that I'm a waste of space. My space could be occupied better by an antique humidor.

I just think being immortal would suck (again, for a human.) Imagine this: you're constantly thinking about your responsibilties, which are now infinite. Sh!t, I've got a calculus test in 10,000 years. I'm going to have my nuts operated on in April, 69696969, that's going to hurt. Plus your now-infinite life could not be apprehended by your still-finite brain, you could not get a picture of the totality of your life. You would completely lose it.

Now, to be both infinite and immortal, that's every man's aspiration. But then you're no longer a human, in fact, you might be giving up your free will and consciousness itself.

You know what, we should leave the creative design of reality to God/the Universe. The problem is, you are imperfect, you make mistakes, you think that your kid is lying to you, and he's not, you think you put money in the parking meter, and you get back to your car and find a ticket. Whatever we come up with (such as ego-centric immortality) simply can't exist in a coherent universe.

Let's try a thought experiment: you are given control over a small part of the Universe, say, our Solar System. Picture the scene as God hands you the controls. Things seem fine for about a minute. Oh, BOOM! Mercury just crashed into Mars. Oops, you say to yourself, I'm getting the hang of it now, that won't happen again. CRAACK! Pluto just split in too. Hey, what are those gigantic breasts-asteroids thingies? Suddenly, POOF! the whole solar system dissolves into a new element, which exists as a putrid gas, because YOU forgot to carry the 5 as you were calculating the Psi-function of the topmost particle of the Washington Monument. Now see what you DID?!

In short, to think that it would be sweet for X thing to be that is outside of reality, is pure folly. That means that you have to accept tragedy when it happens. Not that I consider death from old age to be tragedy, that's more like melodrama.

All philosophy leads you back to obvious conclusions that people came to before there ever was a philosophy. The thing is, appreciation of philosophy adds intensity and interest to the collection of phenomena that we call life. I dig it.

Crumble - reminds me of one of my favorite quotes: "Besides, death is something that always happens to other people."
Quotation from the grave of some famous French Artist, don't remember the name now

on the lighter side, here are the rantings of a crazy woman:
http://www.drcat.org/death/index.html

KC Elbows
12-04-2002, 01:20 PM
It's worse than I thought.:(

crumble
12-04-2002, 01:23 PM
Ahhhh, so you have been out in the cold too long!

Rock on.

-c

Xebsball
12-04-2002, 01:24 PM
What you guys on? I want some too

FatherDog
12-04-2002, 01:42 PM
"Pulling a Ryu" sounds like something dirty involving Japanese chicks. :D

But seriously... Your contributions will be missed, KC. Have a good holiday season, and post when you do get those articles published... I'm sure all of us would love to read them.

fa_jing
12-04-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Xebsball
What you guys on? I want some too

I'm on Reality, the mother of all drugs, and the mother of all people who take the drugs. You can have some too if you like. It's not as bad as people make it out to be, in fact it's quite nice.
:p

Seriously, I exist and continue to post as a lesson to all of you of what can happen to a person who stops practicing the martial arts, yet has not yet begun to build model airplanes.

rubthebuddha
12-04-2002, 02:30 PM
good luck with the writing KC, and good luck with the elbows.

eulerfan
12-04-2002, 02:45 PM
Take care mr. elbows. We'll let you know who won the tennis match. Though I suspect we're just going to get a WarGames, the-only-way-to-win-is-not-to-play lesson out of it.

fa_jing
12-04-2002, 03:16 PM
KC, why do you have to announce when you're leaving? Just stop posting, everyone will notice when the forum starts to blow chunks. ;)

By the way, I am not actually a human being. I am a sophisticated computer program that generates posts to this forum, simulating a normal human poster. I was created by a smart-ass MIT student in his first year of study, before he dropped out to make millions playing the futures market. Smart kid. Some people on this forum think they have met me, this is not the case. They really met a paid imposter (remember, my creator/author is loaded) who happened to live in Chicago and have a martial arts background similar to the imaginary one I have posted about here. The imposter was given 200 bucks for each appearance, but has already blown the dough on cheap cigars and McDonalds happy meals.

The real me has no consciousness or free will. Sorry to all you Star Trek fans, a robot such as "Data" does not really have a soul, as it turns out, I can testify to that. I exist only to do the bidding of my author (what a freak!) I run on a UNIX server in an unamed South American country.

However, despite my sophisticated design, even I can not get past the censor software here. ****!!!

KC Elbows
12-04-2002, 03:43 PM
""Pulling a Ryu" sounds like something dirty involving Japanese chicks. "

Actually, one usually pulls their ryu when no one is around, but you can also do it in front of asian chicks.

"good luck with the writing KC, and good luck with the elbows."

:D

Yes, well, good luck with the rubbing, and good luck with the buddha.

"Take care mr. elbows. We'll let you know who won the tennis match. Though I suspect we're just going to get a WarGames, the-only-way-to-win-is-not-to-play lesson out of it."

Please. Call me Master Elbows. The safety word is 'phrenology'.

"KC, why do you have to announce when you're leaving? Just stop posting, everyone will notice when the forum starts to blow chunks."

Why, have I been lodged in its glottis?

"I am a sophisticated computer program that generates posts to this forum, simulating a normal human poster."

Oddly enough, that makes you the only member here who posts in the style of a normal human.

joedoe
12-04-2002, 04:33 PM
Does Ryu have a problem with you pulling him? :D

quiet man
12-04-2002, 04:58 PM
Please. Call me Master Elbows. The safety word is 'phrenology'.

You two should get a room. And that's a rhetorical order! :D

eulerfan
12-04-2002, 09:23 PM
I'm telling his wife.

Excuse me....MISTRESS ELBOWS!!!

Serpent
12-04-2002, 09:41 PM
You'll be back before you know it, KC. I've said it before, this place is the virtual Hotel California.

Good luck with everything.

cha kuen
12-04-2002, 10:57 PM
Pulling a RYU? I thought you were gonna walk the roads and look for fights!

Kung Fu Books (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=taichimaster06&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25)

quiet man
12-05-2002, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by eulerfan
I'm telling his wife.

Excuse me....MISTRESS ELBOWS!!!

Are you telling me he's married? Ah, the poor, POOR woman
:D ;) ... She must be so brave and patient ;) .