PDA

View Full Version : How proud can I be?

KC Elbows
12-04-2002, 09:56 AM
Last night, a kung fu brother of mine related something someone, who had never been to our school, nor had any of their friends practiced with us through a full class, said about our school. Here it is.

"Your school just get guys who want to work out hard and bang their heads against walls. You don't work technique."

Aside from the bullocks at the end(isn't head butting a technique?), we all got a good laugh out of that one.

It's funny. In kung fu, if you work out light and don't really spar realistically, you can safely pretend like you're tough and be all haughty, but if you workout hard and test yourself, you're treated by those who should be your brothers like you're a thug, whether you act haughty or not.

red5angel
12-04-2002, 10:06 AM
KC, I have started to notice that disturbing trend as well. I thin maybe the answer is a lot of head to wall beating in class and soft, light sparring with partners, that way you sort of get it all in and fit better into peoples stereotypes.

KC Elbows
12-04-2002, 10:11 AM
Yeah, exactly. But it's important to maintain a certain arrogance, after all, it's kung fu. Even if you practice it anemically, you're a killing machine, you should act like one.