PDA

View Full Version : Temple Kungfu TV ads

iron_silk
12-05-2002, 10:07 PM
Does anyone here seen those ads or know anything of their program?

I've seen those ads and they seem suspect. I could be wrong.

Serpent
12-05-2002, 10:10 PM
*grabs deck chair and beer. sits back, waiting for the show to begin*

:D

joedoe
12-05-2002, 10:18 PM
Pass the beer nuts Serp. You wanna Steinlager or a Heineken? :D

neito
12-05-2002, 10:20 PM
i have seen said ads, when i was a child i always enjoyed them. not as good as the lydo chinese ads though. if you are from edmonton you will know what i mean.

Serpent
12-05-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
Pass the beer nuts Serp. You wanna Steinlager or a Heineken? :D

Steiny please.

joedoe
12-05-2002, 10:24 PM
*Psshhhhhh* (opening of the bottle)

Here you go. Should be a good show. :D

Serpent
12-05-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
*Psshhhhhh* (opening of the bottle)

Here you go. Should be a good show. :D

*drinks. passes nuts*

I can't wait!

Serpent
12-05-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Serpent

*drinks. passes nuts*

By that, I don't mean that I had a drink and then p!ssed legumes.

Don't go there!

neito
12-05-2002, 10:30 PM
since you guys are waiting so intently i will start it off with temple kung fu is a fake evil scam. wheres ajax? he could get this rolling.

Serpent
12-05-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by neito
since you guys are waiting so intently i will start it off with temple kung fu is a fake evil scam. wheres ajax? he could get this rolling.

And their cult leader is a self-promoted psuedo-pope of his own hokey creation...

Come on, you can do better than that!

neito
12-05-2002, 10:38 PM
unfortunatly i am tired of temple threads. it's 2002, if you are still fooled by this kinda stuff, you are stupid and don't desrve to learn martial arts as far as i'm concerned. back in the 70's and 80's it was a different story because nobody knew any better. so i do not care to bother educating the populous about the templescam.

Serpent
12-05-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by neito
unfortunatly i am tired of temple threads. it's 2002, if you are still fooled by this kinda stuff, you are stupid and don't desrve to learn martial arts as far as i'm concerned. back in the 70's and 80's it was a different story because nobody knew any better. so i do not care to bother educating the populous about the templescam.

Ah, you're no fun.

iron_silk
12-05-2002, 11:54 PM
Thanks a lot Serpent.

This wasn't meant to say "duh are they for real?" I just wanted to hear any stories behind it. Though I seem uncertain of their validaty, I was only covering my ass.

How come they are still around? I called them once by accident b/c they listed themselves under a different name in the phone book (from my area) and under their name. I called the"Canadian Association of Kung Fu" or whatever it was called...and

I heard a guy say "Hello Temple Kung Fu" I went "What the F*ck!" and then I noticed the phone numbers are the same. So seeing as how I called already I decided to ask them some questions about their lineage.

At least they didn't lie (to me) about their master or their master's master had learned from shaolin or from even a Chinese master.

Their ads are disturbing and funny.

Well Serpent? Where's the show?

neito
12-05-2002, 11:59 PM
i called them once after seeing an ad for kempo kung-fu, so when they answered temple kung-fu i did not notice. i cam down for the interview and was quite dissapointed. those baztards did not get my wallet. :)

rubthebuddha
12-06-2002, 12:52 AM
seve ... serpent is expecting more than he's going to get. temple kung fu is a joke, as are their claims -- about lineage, style, skill of their master, the whole bull**** piano thing ($20 says it was a rousing rendition of chopsticks) -- everything about temple is a lie. it's a funny one when you spend some thought on it, but it's a joke that's been told so many times that most of us are tired of hearing it.

<searching through joedoe's freezer>

got any margarita mix in here, joe?

Skarbromantis
12-06-2002, 09:33 AM
Just go here: http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/205613

Skard1

Ajax
12-06-2002, 02:50 PM
> since you guys are waiting so intently i will start it off with temple kung fu is a fake evil scam. wheres ajax? he could get this rolling.

I drift in and out. Everything there is to say about TKF has been said... and said again, and again. Yes they are a McDojo, yes Olaf is a fraud in that he makes false claims about his lineage, misrepresents the style he teaches, and is now building a shrine to himself in Grand Forks with the money he's scammed and volunteer labor by those students who still believe in him. Very few of the steady stream of new students at my studio stick around for more than a few weeks or months although none of them will ever get their $$money$$ back. As for me, it sucks that I fell for this stuff, it sucks that I'm $3000 poorer and that I'm going to have to switch styles/schools at some point. Hopefully when I have the cash I'll be able to train under a genuine master in a style of my choice, meanwhile I work hard, read all I can to stay on the right track, and routinely kick my instructor's a$$ in point sparring.

iron_silk: they're still around because plenty of people who wander into their studios just don't know better. It also helps to be the only "kung fu" business in the phone book.

African Tiger
12-06-2002, 05:15 PM
YOU TOO can learn kung fu in 10 easy, self-paced lessons for only 4 payments of $19.95!

Do amazing feats, just like your heroes Jackie Chan and Jet Li! Be the first on your block to study the ancient ways of chinese karotty!

Operators are standing by! Call now!

BUZZZZZ! (Alarm clock)

Giacomo wakes up screaming, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

WinterPalm
12-06-2002, 10:02 PM
Does that mean temple kung fu doesn't even do anything more than tap sparring or point sparring or whatever?
That is sick.

diego
12-06-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Serpent

By that, I don't mean that I had a drink and then p!ssed legumes.

Don't go there!

No, nothing like that...i was just thinking you were having your hot home-oh fun:D

Mr Punch
12-07-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
got any margarita mix in here, joe?

WTF's a margarita?!

Nothing against girls or anything (I usually try to get as much against them as possible!!! :eek: :rolleyes: ) but are you a girl? Maybe you should join TFK...!!!

Take a cold shower, drink a coupla beers and a straight shot or two, slam a coupla Mexicans down and then come back...:D

FatherDog
12-07-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Mat
slam a coupla Mexicans down and then come back...:D

I haven't slammed any Mexicans down, but I usually slam down a Phillipino during wrestling practice. :D

Turiyan
12-08-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by iron_silk
Does anyone here seen those ads or know anything of their program?

I've seen those ads and they seem suspect. I could be wrong.

Ah, those old ads... Wish we had vcr's back then. Remember the one with the white guy that look like a Fed in a karate gi doing a leaning over brick break. The flute music in the background..

They are still running ads on tv?!

Royal Dragon
12-08-2002, 05:12 PM
Royal Dragon enter's the room, pulls up a chair and says,

So gentilmen, whats to drink??

neptunesfall
12-08-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Mat

slam a coupla Mexicans down and then come back...:D

i slammed a couple mexicans once. their brothers still want to kick my ass for it.

Serpent
12-08-2002, 06:01 PM
*takes beer and deck chair*

Oh well, this is obviously just too old for fun any more. I'm off to the Wing Chun forum. ;)

neito
12-09-2002, 01:58 AM
turiyan - i have seen the ad once this year. the gong at the end is my favorite part.