PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on a hand injury

kenso
12-06-2002, 10:44 AM
I injured my hand punching something about a month and a half ago. I hit a bit off center and immediately felt pain. I checked, and nothing felt broken so I expected it to get better. It felt fine after a day or so except when I needed to grip or if I took my other hand and squeezed the knuckles together. Then it still hurt. It still hurts now. The carpal bone behind my index finger is now out of alignment and it sticks up to the point that you can feel the lump. I had the hand x-rayed a week ago, and it came back showing no broken bones. My useless doctor tells me there are no broken bones, so nothing's wrong. Like the fact that I came in there in the first place wasn't important. If nothing was wrong, I wouldn't have gone in there! Anyway he said I should take ibuprofen or aleve for EIGHT WEEKS and use cold packs. This sounds to me like he's just getting rid of me. There isn't any inflammation for the drugs or ice to reduce, so how is that going to help?
Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed now that western medicine has failed me miserably (as I knew it would)?

icebear
12-07-2002, 06:10 AM
From what I have understood hand/finger injuries take a long time to heal and they also keep coming back. I have a thumb and a indexfinger thats been bothering me for some time. Before training I tape them so they don't get bent in the wrong direction, and I ice it if it is swollen. I don't think that there is much more I can do...

kenso
12-10-2002, 11:31 AM
Um, thanks, I guess.

PLCrane
12-11-2002, 09:10 AM
Simpe. Find a chiropractor or osteopath to adjust your wrist.

Been there, done that,

PLC