Some of you may find this article interesting:
http://www.yiquan.com.pl/przeklady/gain.html

dezhen2001
12-07-2002, 09:53 AM
the link isnt working mate, at least not on my pc... :(

dawood

Former castleva
12-07-2002, 10:13 AM
It definitely works mate,but it is not what you´d expect it to be.

dezhen2001
12-07-2002, 10:27 AM
interesting article... said a lot of good things.
no idea why it didnt work b4 :p

dawood

guohuen
12-07-2002, 10:36 AM
Thanks. Good stuff.

SevenStar
12-07-2002, 10:58 AM
good article. I disagree with this though, to an extent:

"If they think, that simple exercises in static position cannnot help developing strength and fitness, they just lack a minimum of knowledge. Actually those exercises not only enable strengthening body in very short time, but can also help to heal many chronic diseases, which it was difficult to heal with medical therapies. They are very valuable in therapy and prophylactic. This is a method conforming with demands of physiology."

The strength gain from static positions, like stance training, are limited. after you can do it for so long, it becomes an endurance exercise, not a strength building exercise.

"If we are talking about typical forms of exercises, some of them are too intensive, harming health, other are too one-sided."

What kind of exercise is so intense that you can't do it safely?

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-07-2002, 02:51 PM
good article. nothing particularly enlightening, but i didnt find hardly anything i disagreed with.

sevenstar actually brought up the only things i thought could have at least been better worded.

seven . .. i think he meant that some exercises would be too intense for sick or old people where as they could still do internal training and reap the benifits.

im less sure, but i don't think he was disputing the fact that static positions only do so much for strenght, just that they will increse physical strength to some degree and continue building interal strength. i could be wrong about that though.

[Censored]
12-12-2002, 06:35 PM
Former castleva, hoping for pics of a "przek lady"? Sorry to disappoint you. :(

"If we are talking about typical forms of exercises, some of them are too intensive, harming health, other are too one-sided."

What kind of exercise is so intense that you can't do it safely?

His definition of health is almost certainly different than yours. Since you're here and he is not, why don't you start by giving your definition?

seven . .. i think he meant that some exercises would be too intense for sick or old people where as they could still do internal training and reap the benifits.

We need a clear definition of "sick" and "healthy".

Former castleva
12-13-2002, 03:47 AM
"Former castleva, hoping for pics of a "przek lady"? Sorry to disappoint you. "

It´s OK.
Not that it was bad,just different.
Hmmm BTW,What is a "przek lady"?

:cool:

(I should have been thanking you before for some of the posts you sent that I left unnoticed)

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-13-2002, 11:52 AM
"We need a clear definition of "sick" and "healthy"."

i dunno ... i thought it was pretty cut and dry ....

for example im sick and sevenstar is healthy.

sick = not healthy

healthy = not sick

SifuAbel
12-13-2002, 08:00 PM
" The strength gain from static positions, like stance training, are limited. after you can do it for so long, it becomes an endurance exercise, not a strength building exercise."

So, you don't need endurance?

SevenStar
12-13-2002, 10:56 PM
of course you need it, but it is not strength. saying that it is is not quite accurate.