PDA

View Full Version : Tainan Mantis's Radio Silence

buddhapalm
12-08-2002, 04:50 PM
In case any of you have been wondering where Tainan Mantis has been this last week, thus his radio silence, he has been visiting in San Francisco for the last few days.

I have finally had the chance to meet Tainan after numerous e-mail and forum exchanges. His martial skill matches his academic knowledge of the Mantis system. Though I am not a Mantis practitioner I was fortunate enough to be able to learn a touch of the basics of the Mantis system, two hours worth at least :-))).

It really is a most devastating and practical system. Some of my favorite techniques were the short strike techniques. The shoulder and chest strikes are really the ideal compliment to the long range movements.

I also learned from Tainan Mantis that the two man forms of hand and weapons are of utmost importance to get the feel combat and to know the uses. I myself plan to pursue learning even more of form applications and two man forms.

It is great to be able to meet Kung Fu brothers from around the world and exchange ideas, skills and viewpoints.

cheers to all.

Buddhapalm

mantis108
12-08-2002, 05:34 PM
Hi BuddhaPalm,

Gald you have now a first hand experience with Tainan Mantis' Kung Fu. His Knowledge and skill in Mantis is really top notch. His willingness to openly share them is even more amazing. He is really one of the finess people, whom I have ever had the good fortune to meet. I am very happy for you that this encounter inspire you to go further into traditional arts' full potential.

Regards

Mantis108

buddhapalm
12-08-2002, 06:09 PM
Dear Mantis108,
It is a pleasure to meet my Martial brothers. If you are ever in San Francisco let me know too. Perhaps you can divulge the intracacies of the Yin and Yang theorums over my secret Turkish Coffee formula.

It is good to be reminded that one must train harder and harder. After about 45 minutes of continual "Press" and "Pluck" drills with Tainan, my arms felt like wet towels. So much for my prowess :-))))) I would like to commend Tainan, Yourself, R., Northern Shaolin and many others on this forum who are kind hearted enough to share your knowledge and experience to those less learned. I am glad to meet you all. With my teacher gone for ten years, I need all the motivation and insights I can get.

Perhaps the greatest thing about meeting Martial brothers, is the inspiration it provides. Learning things is great, but inspiring each other to reach greater heights is greater.

As I always say "Within the Four Sea's all men are brothers".

At least all men that practice Kung Fu :-)))))))

Cheers

Buddhapalm

Art D
12-10-2002, 01:31 PM
Yes, I to had a chance to chit chat w/ my old friend , and as I did I was glad the we still share so much . It was like talking to son that had left and now has his own family, and world view.I hope that I see him again soon . ten years is way to long .

mantis108
12-10-2002, 05:22 PM
Hi BuddhaPalm,

<<<It is a pleasure to meet my Martial brothers. If you are ever in San Francisco let me know too. Perhaps you can divulge the intracacies of the Yin and Yang theorums over my secret Turkish Coffee formula. >>>

Hey, I would very much like to visit San Fran someday and I am definately looking forward to the Turkish coffee formula. :)

<<It is good to be reminded that one must train harder and harder. After about 45 minutes of continual "Press" and "Pluck" drills with Tainan, my arms felt like wet towels. So much for my prowess :-))))) I would like to commend Tainan, Yourself, R., Northern Shaolin and many others on this forum who are kind hearted enough to share your knowledge and experience to those less learned. I am glad to meet you all. With my teacher gone for ten years, I need all the motivation and insights I can get.>>>

LOL.... you know the amazing think is that Kevin is a vegeterian yet his power output beats alot of the carnavals such as myself. :D

Thank you, you are much too kind to me. I believe that sharing really enhance the whole Kung Fu experience. Likewise I would like to meet up with all the like minded Kung Fu folks and exchange material.

<<<Perhaps the greatest thing about meeting Martial brothers, is the inspiration it provides. Learning things is great, but inspiring each other to reach greater heights is greater.>>>

Here, here!

<<<As I always say "Within the Four Sea's all men are brothers".

At least all men that practice Kung Fu :-)))))))>>>

Indeed, I can second to that! :D

Sincerely,

Mantis108

Tainan Mantis
12-11-2002, 10:20 AM
Thank you friends for your kind words.
As usual I will be posting some new discoveries and insights in the coming weeks.

Art D
12-11-2002, 07:50 PM
welcome back t.m. hope your travels were filled w/ friends and good times . I look forward to hearing more .