PDA

View Full Version : ohio wing chun tea party

byond1
12-09-2002, 05:21 PM
open invite to all wc people for a gathering for chi sao, discusion and tea at my house....im moving from the great state of ohio and would like to get together with all my brothers and sisters one last time....this will be a reallly great exchange of info for everyone....im moving around chinese new year to (hopefully florida)and was hoping to do this just before christmas or just after american new years..........
any takers????
brian

wingchunner
12-10-2002, 05:48 AM
Where are you at and where will you be moving to?

reneritchie
12-10-2002, 07:48 AM
Best of luck with your party, and your move!

wingchunner
12-11-2002, 05:43 AM
... when and where is the tea party?

Marty

byond1
12-11-2002, 01:59 PM
hi marty!!
well i thought we could come up with a time and date that was good for everyone involved.....it will be at my house in columbus...i have alot of room so it wont be a problem....im moving around chinese new year or at the latest by my birtheday in may. so perhaps the middle of january would be good for everyone......
brian

thanks rene!!!! ive been struggling for the jpast 3 months to get my life back on track and im finally going to do it!!! as the saying goes "what doesnt kill you makes you stronger"----how true......
im sorry about your sigung....my deepest thoughts go to you and your family.....how is your sifu doing?

planetwc
12-11-2002, 02:01 PM
Bacon sammiches?

Good luck with your party. Have a sammich on me!

:cool: :D :p

byond1
12-11-2002, 02:06 PM
hi dave!!! no chance of getting you to leave the west coast for some freezing rain, chi sao and a extra bacon samitch??lol b

reneritchie
12-11-2002, 02:26 PM
byond1 - Thanks, my sifu is doing as well as can be expected. Best wishes, again.

RR

planetwc
12-11-2002, 05:13 PM
Hi Brian,

Freezing Rain? Oh joy. I think my next challenge will be saving up to go to the 2003 Wing Chun camp in Marin--at least that is a drive up the highway. Also got to stock up on earplugs, cause man do the men SNORE!

That and getting my right shoulder able to allow me to bong sao again. :(

And unfortunately no bacon sammiches at the camp either.

Originally posted by byond1
hi dave!!! no chance of getting you to leave the west coast for some freezing rain, chi sao and a extra bacon samitch??lol b

wingchunner
12-12-2002, 09:09 AM
MLK,Jr. Day

Did you ever come up to Cleveland to work out with us?

Just wondering if you were one of the guys that came up from Columbus.

Have a good day!

Marty

byond1
12-12-2002, 01:46 PM
hi marty!!
???whats mlk jr. day?? i made the trip to cleveland once. you got a great school. looks like it might just be me and you...lol....
come on guys theres the.... buddy wu school, beys,vtm ,a alan fong student, eddei chong student.....lets do this......chango?jeremy??? lets celebratre the holidays in style as only wing chun brothers can!!!

wingchunner
12-12-2002, 01:54 PM
Ever heard of it? ;)

byond1
12-16-2002, 02:35 PM
sounds familiar!!...lol...im game ....mlk day it is....
to bad no one else wants to actually partisipate in some real wc exchange... instead many would rather spend time bickering on the internet.......what a let down......im glad im leaving ohio
brian

yuanfen
12-16-2002, 02:59 PM
"Oh why did I leave Ohio?

....there is a sheriff after me""

Ever hear that song?

joy

wingchunner
12-17-2002, 05:32 AM
You can come up to Wooster sometime to work out if you want. Let me know when.

Where are you moving to in Florida?

Marty

byond1
12-17-2002, 12:44 PM
hi marty....i would love to come to your school....i still would like to get the rest of the ohio wc community together but it looks like absolutly no one other than us are interested.
off list me....byondthis@yahoo.com

im moving to the orlando area.....things may change..who knows 3 months is a long time..lol...anything could happen;;;lol

yuanfen---havnt heard that one..but i did here"i shot the sheriff"

passing_through
12-17-2002, 01:24 PM
Work is insanely busy. Just found out about this post.

Do you have definite times/dates/locations? - MLK day?, time? location? directions?

I'll see what I can do from my end at the VTM/Meng's. We have some people that are always willing to get out and meet'n'greet.

Jeremy R.

byond1
12-18-2002, 02:49 PM
hi jeremy.....
mlk day i figured was a good day to have it.....i live in columbus..right off of 71....im 5 minutes from osu campus......i hope you can come out....since im moving to further my training i thought it would be a cool idea to get together with everybody before i move...there is a interesting mix of wc in ohio..and getting everybody together to talk and share, will help everybody grow and learn.....many wc people have never seen hfy let alone experianced it in person ,so i hope you guys will come....i will be in touch after the first of the year....ive been planing on visiting the vtm for awile anyway...so perhaps next week....
i hope students from buddy wu's school will come....im really curious about how buddy wus forms compare to augustine fong's

passing_through
01-19-2003, 03:16 PM
Brian,

After no reply to the private message and email I sent you - is this still happening? What time? Not everyone is off tomorrow so I need to know times.

Jeremy R.

byond1
01-21-2003, 06:30 PM
hi ,, check your pm...had a serious private problem....
this will happen.....we need more people to partisipate though....seems like not many of the wc schools around here are interested in sharing--other than the vtm and martin and myself

Phil Redmond
01-22-2003, 07:00 AM
I have a student in Cleveland. He is a former Yale University student and helped me teach the Yale class in the late 90's. He moved back to Cleveland and still trains WC. Maybe you can get in touch with him. His name is Vladimir Munguia. vmunguia@yahoo.com
Phil