PDA

View Full Version : MZLH Raymond Wong's - Dai Pang Kuen Video ?

buddhapalm
12-09-2002, 07:39 PM
I would like to ask if anyone has for sale a copy of Raymond Wong performing "Dai Pang Kuen" aka Big Roc/Bird Fist ?

The set is a Mizong Lohan form performed in 8mm by Sifu Raymond Wong of Yip Ye Ting lineage.

I have a set of this name and wish to see if its the same one.

I have heard that this video was filmed in the past for Inside Kung Fu Magazine.

Any help or information would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Buddhapalm

teleka@pacbell.net

Day Tong
12-11-2002, 12:09 PM
buddhapalm -

I did not know that Raymond Wong filmed a MJLH fist form. I do know that in the early 70's he had and 8mm. tape out of him performing a MJLH broadsword set. Which I have been trying to find a copy of for a very long time.

If you or anyone else on the list have a copy of the MJLH broadsword set or MJLH fist set performed by Raymond Wong and would like to sell a copy, I would be interested.

Just let me know.

On the subject of the My Jhong Law Horn system. Does anyone know how many fist sets, weapon sets and partner sets they have in their system?

If so, could you list the names?

Thanks,

Day Tong

buddhapalm
12-14-2002, 03:57 PM
Hi Day Tong,
I would love to find that saber set video too, just for interests sake.

Anybody have any clues ???

Cheers

Buddhapalm

NorthernShaolin
12-14-2002, 04:09 PM
Do not know where one can get a copy any more since the original is in 8 MM.

Buddahpalm...The set was feature in a mag. back in the 1970's.. I think it was Black Belt but I could be wrong. Anyhow the original name of the set is called Snow Flake Saber. It is a beginner set and we teach it at our school. I've learnt from Sifu Raymond Wong when he was teaching at WJM's Jing Mo school back in the late 1960's.

You can come my school and take a look at it someday.

buddhapalm
12-15-2002, 05:18 PM
Thanks NorthernShaolin,
Perhaps I will take up your offer to see the Snow Flake Saber :-) Thanks.

The 8mm tape you mentioned, was it Dai Pang Kuen or Snow Flake Saber ? I want to compare their Dai Pang Kuen to my version.

Cheers

Buddhapalm

NorthernShaolin
12-15-2002, 11:03 PM
Buddhapalm,

If I remember correctly, the 8mm film was labled Mi Tsung Lo Han Saber. Only those who really knew the set or some history knew the real name. Why didn't Sifu Raymond Wong label it correctly is unknown.