PDA

View Full Version : responce to dfw inside kf column

yik-wah-tik
12-10-2002, 03:21 PM
i'm back, i am putting my responce to dfw's latest topic in inside kung fu called "answering the forum pt1"...........i am starting it here just in case my submittal winds up missing.

i started it as such........

I am a student of dino salvatera who is the current head master of Professor Lau Buns Hung Sing lineage. In my quest to set the story straight i would like to respond to dfw in his december 02 issue of inside kung fu column topic called "answering the forum part 1".

First is his claim that he was called the "ng ying kid." Nice title, right? except it is only a play on words. My si-baks and si-sooks have revealed its true meaning as vague reference. For example,
Doc Fai Wong went by the name of Jimmy Ming Wong and was not well known. People would refer to him as "that kid who performs the Ng Ying set." It was not a title for him to go around saying "I am the Ng Ying Kid!"

Next is DFWs claim to teaching Professor Lau's original version. in one aspect he IS correct. He did go back to the way he originally learned those sets from Professor Lau who was in his 70's, old and sick. so he DID learn the sets the way they were taught to HIM!

But, Jew Leong is DFWs Senior classmate who began studying Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut from a younger, healthier, agile, and more aggressive Professor Lau in 1941. DFW began learning in 1963/64?! Professor Lau died in 1967. there is more than a 20 year gap between Jew Leong and DFW, so how could DFW claim
he learned Professor Laus original version? How does he know what Jew Leong learned before his arrival? Possibly it is DFW who has the "DIFFERENT" version? HMMMMM???

I possess video footage of Professor Lau's own students performing the same set differently in his presence. so who has or had the original? due to this 20yr gap, i know who i am siding with.

DFW claims to begin teaching in 1968, but there are eyewitnesses to him teaching prior to Professor Laus passing.

Finally, Dino Salvatera personally wrote Professor Lau's section on our website. Yes, the information is out there, but his student stole the whole page word for word, font for font, highlight for highlight except for the insertion of DFWs name over Dino Salvateras.

DFW, if you are going to answer this forum again in your column, you should answer master Dave Lacey's questions next.

yik-wah-tik
hung sing kwoon
sf/fut san branches

Fu-Pow
12-10-2002, 05:37 PM
Wow...people do actually read this forum.