PDA

View Full Version : Acupuncture draining my qi

TaoBoy
12-11-2002, 04:17 PM
I just had an acupuncture treatment this morning.

The treatment was specific to a shoulder injury I have had for quite some time. Basically the muscle around the scapula and rotator cuff area is buggered.

Anyhow, I was needled in two points on the point of my shoulder (Colon xx and something else). I was in a seated position. After a little manipulation of the needle I started to get very light-headed and then nauseous (sp?), then I felt like I was about to vomit and cr@p myself. It was a very intense feeling.

My friend (practitioner) said that it was due to the qi being attracted to the needle and that due to the fact that I was sitting the qi drained away from my head. Wow! It was strange. It showed the amazing strength of acu-points.

Just thought you guys might be interested.

Any similar experiences?

Repulsive Monkey
12-12-2002, 01:46 AM
How long has your practitioner been using Acupuncture because what you described sounds all wrong. Never, should Qi be drained from the head, thats dangerous, and one just doesn't do something like that as there is no need for it. Secondly, I think your practioners is dubious in their explanation of the experiences you had because they sound exactly like "Needle-Shock" symptoms which is a bad sign.
It altogether sounds like you had a bad treatment there and it may need some rectification too to undo what was done.