PDA

View Full Version : 18 Daoist Palms = Authentic?

_William_
12-11-2002, 05:11 PM
http://www.ironpalm.com/
I was kinda interested in this style, especially their "burning palm" and "fire palm" techniques", which you learn from videos. What do you guys think of it?

Waidan
12-11-2002, 05:46 PM
Hmm...If memory serves, that's James Lacy's system. I read a lot of halaballoo about it some time ago. I won't bother repeating any of it, as I don't know fact from fiction on the matter, but I would suggest you do a search for "James Lacy" on the forum and see what comes up...

diego
12-11-2002, 06:16 PM
Pulls out popcorn and picinic tables:cool:

Royal Dragon
12-11-2002, 07:24 PM
RD shows up with the beer, grabs a seat and offers a cold one to Diego.:D

TenTigers
12-11-2002, 07:52 PM
after downing a few beers and some popcorn, puts on shooting ear protection, ****s, rolls over and goes to sleep.

Aramus
12-11-2002, 08:10 PM
He breaks coconuts...sorry I couldn't help it. He has been in a few magazines, has some thoughts, makes them public...I have no first hand knowledge of him.

Grabs beer, brings more to share.

_William_
12-12-2002, 01:16 PM
Darnit, all this beer going around and not much else!

Hehe, now I'm really glad I never bought into his system. LOL

Waidan
12-12-2002, 03:08 PM
That's true, he is a coconut breaking machine. If your enemy is a baked coconut, the 18 Daoist Palms system is the weapon of choice.

Ima Pseudonym
12-12-2002, 04:44 PM
definitely a good idea to stay away from that crazy old coot, do a search on this site and sit back and enjoy the read... helps if you are inebriated, 'cause there was a ton of laughs last time i checked

D

Royal Dragon
12-12-2002, 08:06 PM
Anyone got some Cashews, or Peanuts or something??

Royal Dragon
12-12-2002, 08:24 PM
Opps, I made the mistake of putting my Beer down, and looking at this guys site.

In my humbe opinion, he's a Kempo guy. The first video clip I looked at is obviously some sort of Karate. (although you might say the same for my Southern tai tzu sets.)

Did this guy make up the style 18 taoist palms?? Or did he learn it from someone?

rogue
12-12-2002, 08:31 PM
I wonder who's the better fighter, Emin Boztepe, Randy Williams or Jim Lacy? They all seem very good.

Serpent
12-12-2002, 10:29 PM
*offers large bowl of cashews around*

Can I have a beer?

I love the way these things come round every once in a while. They circulate like comets, every so often passing within laughing distance again.

Blackspear
12-12-2002, 11:11 PM
Takes some Cashews , offers a beer , brings the chips and dip and decides to stay out of this one. awwwhhhhhh kung fu brothers and beer to go around life gets no better than this.

neito
12-12-2002, 11:19 PM
i'm not gonna have to get the hate rolling again am i? i just don't have the energy anymore. all i can say is that his website looks goofy and thus he and his art seem questionable. i don't care for the way he does business. thats all i have. :(

BSH
12-16-2002, 11:16 PM
The man is a joke. In my opinion, he is a discredit to anyone he claims to have learned from.

He claims to have learned from some pretty amazing instructors, but with the way he looks, I think he is full of .....

Maybe I am biased, but I don't believe in video training. I believe you are better off training with a crappy instructor in person than the best via video. Just my opinion and that is all this joke of a GM sells, videos.

Royal Dragon
12-17-2002, 05:39 AM
RD opens the cooler and says "Anyone want another beer?? I have multiple varieties :D "

I believe you are better off training with a crappy instructor in person than the best via video

Reply]
I dissagree. A good video will show exactly how things shuld be doen step by step. So long as you have an experianced partner to work with, you are going to be more capable of getting it right than if you learn from an instructor who has no clue to begin with. At least with the high quality video course you have an example of whats right. With the crappy instructor you don't even have that, just lots of bad habits.

I deally, you want to train under the best master that puts out the best tape. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Someone pass me some more Cashews please ;)

Aramus
12-17-2002, 12:26 PM
passes cashew nuts...and another beer

But man, can that guy break conuts.

Serpent
12-17-2002, 09:47 PM
*cracks another SteinLager*

He can only break the most baked of coconuts though.

Serpent
12-17-2002, 09:48 PM
Anybody want to order pizza?